+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job changed. Should I submit new letter of employment?

brolindevine

Dec 7, 2019
I submitted a spousal sponsorship application last February for my wife to move here. I've recently changed employment.

Should I submit a new letter of employment for the application? Are there any forms that list my employment that I should resubmit?

She also visited for two months since I submitted the application. Should I submit new forms with the updated visit listed in the section that lays out all of the travel?

Reactions: Mpup87

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
I submitted a spousal sponsorship application last February for my wife to move here. I've recently changed employment.

Should I submit a new letter of employment for the application? Are there any forms that list my employment that I should resubmit?

She also visited for two months since I submitted the application. Should I submit new forms with the updated visit listed in the section that lays out all of the travel?
I think that you would be advised to look at the types of updates that they require here:

Update IRCC about Changes:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=052&top=3

Job situation is on the list.

You could include the travel dates. It is asked for in the application, and it sounds like you have not had AOR1 yet.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: brolindevine