+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

job change during sponsor evaluation

badicioiu

Jun 3, 2012
Should CIC be informed of a job change during sponsor evaluation process?
I know is never a good thing to change anything during an immigration process, but also nobody wants to stay in a job just because CIC doesn't like changes.
There is nothing specified on their website, only family status or address change.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
badicioiu said:
Should CIC be informed of a job change during sponsor evaluation process?
I know is never a good thing to change anything during an immigration process, but also nobody wants to stay in a job just because CIC doesn't like changes.
There is nothing specified on their website, only family status or address change.
no you do not have to advise CIC of your job change..... :D

badicioiu

Jun 3, 2012
Well, the employment history I submitted to them since I got PR has 2 years worked abroad and the employment offer I got just before submitting the application.
They might think it's not genuine and want to check. Wouldn't be a good thing to call the employer and be informed I'm not anymore employed by that employer.

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
I have a similar situation.

My partner was working in Scotland at the time we submitted the forms in may (2 different jobs, left 1 a week or two later!) however next week he is going out to Canada to work with his dad, and hopefully to find an apartment, then I can go over and join him until my pr comes through (should hopefully get sponsor approval next week if we are lucky)

Do we need to tell CIC about our change of plans? I'm worried as we are applying as commonlaw and he will be in Canada working for a month ot two before I come out, and il still be working and living on Scotland. Would this break the common law arrangement?

alish

May 1, 2012
http://tinyurl.com/76xr8cz
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
i have the similiar issue... i am sponsoring my husband and he has changed jobs since we submitted our forms... should i inform them or no?????

KJG said:
no you do not have to advise CIC of your job change..... :D

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johare12 said:
I have a similar situation.

My partner was working in Scotland at the time we submitted the forms in may (2 different jobs, left 1 a week or two later!) however next week he is going out to Canada to work with his dad, and hopefully to find an apartment, then I can go over and join him until my pr comes through (should hopefully get sponsor approval next week if we are lucky)

Do we need to tell CIC about our change of plans? I'm worried as we are applying as commonlaw and he will be in Canada working for a month ot two before I come out, and il still be working and living on Scotland. Would this break the common law arrangement?
1. As long as you have lived together for 12 consecutive months with only short breaks and have established your common-law relationship, you can continue to be considered common-law partners if you don't live together as you describe. Just explain the rationale.

2. If you signed your application, you committed to tell CIC of any answers in your application change.

3. If your sponsor moves to Canada, you'll eliminate questions on intent to move back (so it would eliminate a source of uncertainty).

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
OhCanadiana said:
1. As long as you have lived together for 12 consecutive months with only short breaks and have established your common-law relationship, you can continue to be considered common-law partners if you don't live together as you describe. Just explain the rationale.

2. If you signed your application, you committed to tell CIC of any answers in your application change.

3. If your sponsor moves to Canada, you'll eliminate questions on intent to move back (so it would eliminate a source of uncertainty).

Great thanks for the quick reply, how do I notify them of this change ( my VO Is London) and we have lived together long enough do that should be fine :)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johare12 said:
Great thanks for the quick reply, how do I notify them of this change ( my VO Is London) and we have lived together long enough do that should be fine :)
Happy to have helped :)

Send them a case specific enquiry - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
OhCanadiana said:
Happy to have helped :)

Send them a case specific enquiry - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp
Okay thanks! Will I have to wait to get my client number, after sponsorship before I am able to contact them? Just as I am thinking it could be useful for my partners sponsorship approval if they knew he was returning to Canada early