+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

job change during pr process

Samira2291

Apr 11, 2019
Hi,
Actually i will change my department within same organisation
Should i update it ?
Is this updating effect my pr processing time?

Noumsi

Mar 1, 2017
I would strongly advice you suck it up at your current job as that's what im doing. Im jut waiting for that thing called PR to get the hell out of my current job. A friend whose application was at the last stage of processing changed job and his previous employer called AINP, his PR processing was automatically cancelled and now he is starting all over with his new employer.

Another friend, his work permit expired and he applied, but was refused because he didn't have complete application. As his work-permit was refused and expired at the same time, he got a letter from Revenue Canada or CIC to stop working. He stopped and was jobless. All these time, his application for AINP was in progress and still is. He finally did restoration and got work-permit but could not go back to the company that applied for AINP for him. He currently work for a diff company and the good thing is that his previous employer has not called AINP to report that he is no longer with them. In a nut shell, it all depend on if your employer would report that you no longer with them. I don't trust my company, so I will suck it up and wait hesitantly:(
Hi! Did he renew with the old nominationl letter or without it.

Anmol102

Feb 15, 2020
Help please!
Hi Everyone, I need some advise. I have 3 years open Work permit and got approval in Province nomination program from Manitoba in last year (march 2019), My PR is still under process and waiting for Medical examination call. Now, I got a new Job offer with good opportunity. Should I stick to my current job or I can move to another employer. Is there any way I can notify to province and CIC

kkaran01

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
I have a question, if i having PGWP with no restrictions, I got Nomination from Alberta under AOS with no restrictions. I applied for PR its been 6-7 months waiting for medical, so can i change My job in same field. Do i need to work under employer or i can work as a contractor and open up my own company ?
Please help me out !

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
I have a question, if i having PGWP with no restrictions, I got Nomination from Alberta under AOS with no restrictions. I applied for PR its been 6-7 months waiting for medical, so can i change My job in same field. Do i need to work under employer or i can work as a contractor and open up my own company ?
Please help me out !
I would suggest you to stick to same employer till your pr is approved because if you change job you have to inform province and them they will issue you another nomination certificate . Its lot of hussle

Jolbean

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
Hello, this makes sense, especially because in a lot of our cases the PNP nomination letter expires long before we actually get PR - but do you have reference of this?
When you speak to the border agent to get your PR once you've been approved, can they not ask you if you have the same job as you applied with, and if not can't they deny you PR? Or does it literally not matter?
This is correct, was u get nominted u can change ur job, even if ur not nominated u have to chnage ur job to the same occupation and u can update ainp

AIPP Immi

Jul 11, 2018
Dear all Friends,

Can anyone guide... please...

My SINP application is in occupation in demand category from out side canadda and I got nomination and having 10 plus years experience. Now if I change or loss my job then any negative impact? and for change sin how much time do I need to inform SINP and CIC?

As my nomination is not on job employer base it is open

Please guide

acily

Oct 28, 2019
Hey guys I have a question : provincial office is asking me for updated work permit and current job letter today, however, I got pr card already ,what should I reply to them? Thanks!

anjana johny

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
Hi

I am sponsored by my husband. When we submitted pr, I was unemployed. Now I got a job. Do I need to inform ircc regarding that?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi

I am sponsored by my husband. When we submitted pr, I was unemployed. Now I got a job. Do I need to inform ircc regarding that?
Yes you should send a job letter from your employer through webform to cic . Ask your boss to provide a job letter.

Mew

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
Hey! I got nominated under OINP Student stream (have employment restrictions and nomination for NOC B). Can you please advise what will happen in the following:
1) I will accept promotion from the same employer (this will change my NOC from B to A) - the change of NOC will cancel nomination and I will have to submit all info all over again?
2) I will not accept promotion, so still will be NOC B, same employer - but will be moved to another branch within the same company (still in GTA)

Either or I have to inform OINP and IRCC.
In 1st case - most likely nomination cancellation?
In 2nd case - is it safe to change working location? (again, same employer and all terms of contract, only different branch)

Vaastav

Mar 4, 2021
Help please!
Hi Everyone, I need some advise. I have 3 years open Work permit and got approval in Province nomination program from Manitoba in last year (march 2019), My PR is still under process and waiting for Medical examination call. Now, I got a new Job offer with good opportunity. Should I stick to my current job or I can move to another employer. Is there any way I can notify to province and CIC
did you change the job?? What were the consequences