james0011

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys , my question is , is it okay to change the job while the pr in process under provincial nominee / CEC, or would it add complications to the case, please help! thanks

lez_s

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-13
Med's Request
10-06-13
Med's Done....
17-06-13
Interview........
In-Process 28-10-13
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM - 27-01-2014
LANDED..........
31-1-2014
Under PNP you can change jobs. You'll have to have another job offer and start PNP again. Should you do that then, so I understand you PNP status would still be good while going through PR.

Another option, which I'm looking into is a bridge visa. If your PNP has 4 or less months left on the visa you can apply for a bridge visa which will give you an open work permit.

blackwine

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Richmond
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-01-2013
AOR Received.
26-04-2013
Med's Request
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
LANDED..........
14-01-2014
my case is in process now, could I change my job during the time? because I find another job, has better pay.

lez_s

Star Member
Jul 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-13
Med's Request
10-06-13
Med's Done....
17-06-13
Interview........
In-Process 28-10-13
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM - 27-01-2014
LANDED..........
31-1-2014
If your application is 'In Process' you would be still on PNP which mean your visa is still with your company. The only way would be have another company offer you a job and submit for PNP.

If I was you I would wait it out as it wont be too long until PR.

blackwine

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Richmond
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-01-2013
AOR Received.
26-04-2013
Med's Request
03-07-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
LANDED..........
14-01-2014
sure, thx, I hope I could get pr ASAP :p

pokie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-July-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
09-Sept-2015. "In process" 10-Sept-2015. Accra started processing Sept 23,2015. Medicals results received Oct 14,2015.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 21, 2016, didnt see the email until May 31,201. Passport sent to VO June 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 6, 2016
LANDED..........
June 16,2016
I would strongly advice you suck it up at your current job as that's what im doing. Im jut waiting for that thing called PR to get the hell out of my current job. A friend whose application was at the last stage of processing changed job and his previous employer called AINP, his PR processing was automatically cancelled and now he is starting all over with his new employer.

Another friend, his work permit expired and he applied, but was refused because he didn't have complete application. As his work-permit was refused and expired at the same time, he got a letter from Revenue Canada or CIC to stop working. He stopped and was jobless. All these time, his application for AINP was in progress and still is. He finally did restoration and got work-permit but could not go back to the company that applied for AINP for him. He currently work for a diff company and the good thing is that his previous employer has not called AINP to report that he is no longer with them. In a nut shell, it all depend on if your employer would report that you no longer with them. I don't trust my company, so I will suck it up and wait hesitantly:(

Soni240495

May 30, 2017
Hello. My application for permanent residence is under processing with ircc, waiting for call for medical examination. I'm applying through Nova Scotia nominee program under skilled worker category (non-express entry). I'm wondering how my application can be impacted if I try to change my employer and I have open work permit Valid until December 2018.

Darsini

May 31, 2017
Hi can anyone share your views about risk associated with changing job with same employer but with different NOC( lower category then before) while PR is in process under SINP student category. Also if anyone know the NOC for finance assistant position.

harry001

Aug 26, 2015
hello guys , my question is , is it okay to change the job while the pr in process under provincial nominee / CEC, or would it add complications to the case, please help! thanks
hi there,you can change your job but you need new job offer from new employer and their business license copy,if that company is incorporated then incorporation certificate copy and make sure on your pnp nomination certificate its say "no" in the columof empoyment restriction.yhen you send these all document to pnp advisor and they will give you new work permit support letter and you can change job and you dont have to apply for pnp again

sunny_guyed

Jul 5, 2016
What will happen if i change my job after when i applied for the cio office? I do not have any restrictions on my open work permit and can work for any employer. Would it be a problem or i just need to inform the cio about the new job and submit a job letter? I am a provincial nominee

breathofwind

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Nomination.....
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
What will happen if i change my job after when i applied for the cio office? I do not have any restrictions on my open work permit and can work for any employer. Would it be a problem or i just need to inform the cio about the new job and submit a job letter? I am a provincial nominee
I am in the same situation. Have you got any insights?

Soni240495

May 30, 2017
Hello guys,
I wrote about the situation before just assuming I might loose my job and that actually happened. I called nsnp and they gave me 60 days to find a new job with any pay but the job description should match the previous one and the new employer should be willing to fill the nsnp200 before you join work.
And after you get the job all you have to do is send in the offer letter and nsnp200 form to your case manager at the provincial nominee office and then they will update your file. You don't have to apply again and the file on cic will continue.
Luckily I am all set with the new employer and job.

rain00071

Mar 23, 2018
Hello,
I have a weird situation and i'm wondering if anyone has a similar experience
"
is it possible for pnp to withdrawn your nomination because of changing jobs in the process of the application and did not inform them what if PR has already been approved and already landed as an immigrate and sin number changed already. Can PNP contact after federal approved the application, can pnp still withdrawn nomination and hence PR revoked?

Yes i do understand, one must inform of every job change, but there was personal and health issue involved and I was going to inform them of the job change but the PR came earlier than expected, it took 11-12 month and it was BC PNP. The concern is will the PR be revoked since it has already been approved and based on the fact that i did not inform pnp of the job change. I had an open work permit but i applied under the international graduate stream, in which my employer supported me application. PR HAS ALREADY BEEN APPROVED, I'M JUST WAITING FOR MY PR CARD.

rabikdor

Star Member
Mar 11, 2018
Please refrain yourself from giving false and incorrect information. If you a PNP applicant, you have an open work permit that says No restrictions to employment, and you are at the CIC stage then you can change your job! Easy.

If you have a closed work permit and entitled to work with only that employer then you need to stay with that employer; otherwise, your application for PR may get rejected.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Please refrain yourself from giving false and incorrect information. If you a PNP applicant, you have an open work permit that says No restrictions to employment, and you are at the CIC stage then you can change your job! Easy.

If you have a closed work permit and entitled to work with only that employer then you need to stay with that employer; otherwise, your application for PR may get rejected.
Assuming that OP was holding a Post Graduate Work Permit but applied under BC PNP international graduate stream with job offer, then changed his/her job before getting, then they must inform BC PNP abut job change otherwise their nomination will be withdrawn.

But yes, only those PNP without employment restrictions can change their job but their conditions must be the same as they were nominated.