+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

job change during pr process

rabikdor

Star Member
Mar 11, 2018
Assuming that OP was holding a Post Graduate Work Permit but applied under BC PNP international graduate stream with job offer, then changed his/her job before getting, then they must inform BC PNP abut job change otherwise their nomination will be withdrawn.

But yes, only those PNP without employment restrictions can change their job but their conditions must be the same as they were nominated.
I disagree with the second part. You have to be employed full time while you are applying for a PNP and waiting for the nomination. Once you receive your nomination you can change your job. Once again if you do not have any restrictions

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
I disagree with the second part. You have to be employed full time while you are applying for a PNP and waiting for the nomination. Once you receive your nomination you can change your job. Once again if you do not have any restrictions
Yes the assumption was that only applicants who already applied for PR under PNP with no employment restrictions can change their job but PNP with employment restrictions cannot change their job until they notify their PNP offices.

Reactions: rabikdor

staceykalin

Dec 28, 2014
Please refrain yourself from giving false and incorrect information. If you a PNP applicant, you have an open work permit that says No restrictions to employment, and you are at the CIC stage then you can change your job! Easy.

If you have a closed work permit and entitled to work with only that employer then you need to stay with that employer; otherwise, your application for PR may get rejected.
Hello, this makes sense, especially because in a lot of our cases the PNP nomination letter expires long before we actually get PR - but do you have reference of this?
When you speak to the border agent to get your PR once you've been approved, can they not ask you if you have the same job as you applied with, and if not can't they deny you PR? Or does it literally not matter?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hello, this makes sense, especially because in a lot of our cases the PNP nomination letter expires long before we actually get PR - but do you have reference of this?
When you speak to the border agent to get your PR once you've been approved, can they not ask you if you have the same job as you applied with, and if not can't they deny you PR? Or does it literally not matter?
Well for my case, I applied PR under SINP student category with job offer. When I did my landing, I was asked to list my employment history up to date. But I have read some other cases which all they asked was did you commit any crimes and do you have any dependents. I would assume it would case by case and also on who is the officer doing your landing procedure.

Thiagomv

Sep 12, 2018
Can I change jobs when I receive the PR? I got the ITA and I want to know if I can open my own business or work for a different company when i get the o
PR

xplore_me

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Hello, I have recently got my AOR under PNP paper based with open work permit and no employment restriction PNP. I got another job offer but it's NOC C and in my pnp is NOC B. How does that work? Any suggestions? Do I have to contact PNP office and CIC?

Reactions: Miss bee

Lovebrar29

Feb 18, 2019
Hello, I have recently got my AOR under PNP paper based with open work permit and no employment restriction PNP. I got another job offer but it's NOC C and in my pnp is NOC B. How does that work? Any suggestions? Do I have to contact PNP office and CIC?
Bro Try Sticking with your job or find noc A/B job and inform the pnp office about it .

thomashoo

Jul 16, 2018
Assuming that OP was holding a Post Graduate Work Permit but applied under BC PNP international graduate stream with job offer, then changed his/her job before getting, then they must inform BC PNP abut job change otherwise their nomination will be withdrawn.

But yes, only those PNP without employment restrictions can change their job but their conditions must be the same as they were nominated.
I’m on an open WP, I cannot think of any restriction or condition I need to keep as long as my WP is not expire. I got 3 years.

Villager

Oct 7, 2017
Hello everyone..I am wondering if someone can give us advice.my concern is that my brother got nominated last month under sinp job offer category but I think job offer is valid for only two years and it’s going to expire in may what happen if decision is not made by that time or after getting Pr if employer doesn’t want him in that case does he need to go through the whole process or he can work anywhere in the same province

auscann

Mar 7, 2019

HI,
I have a similar situation, I just got sinp nomination several days ago, without job offer, outside of Canada.
I am currently working for a employer, but I want to quit the current one and find another one, however it my take me one or two months.
Should I inform sinp? May sinp withdraw my nomination due to one month jobless status?

Thank you very much!

NataliiaShk

Aug 4, 2018
hello everyone, I have a question if I want to change my job while my PR is processing and in nomination certificate its say "YES" in the column of empoyment restriction, BUT I stay in the same province and will work in the same job with the same noc. Does it have any influence to my PR process? Thank you

Letitbe15

May 15, 2019
hello everyone, I have a question if I want to change my job while my PR is processing and in nomination certificate its say "YES" in the column of empoyment restriction, BUT I stay in the same province and will work in the same job with the same noc. Does it have any influence to my PR process? Thank you

Hi! I just saw your post. Did you change your job? If yes did it affect your application?

jam24

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Base on my case i don't think it does i am a SNIP candidate and i change job and my application took only 11 months to process, but if you are on a closed work permit it is a little more tedious cause the second employer will have to get the job approved after that is done its a hassle free process. My job change from a resturant manager to an accounts manager.

Letitbe15

May 15, 2019
Base on my case i don't think it does i am a SNIP candidate and i change job and my application took only 11 months to process, but if you are on a closed work permit it is a little more tedious cause the second employer will have to get the job approved after that is done its a hassle free process. My job change from a resturant manager to an accounts manager.

Thanks a lot