+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Java jobs Canada

Dec 2, 2014
Hello

I am new in this forum. I am trying to understand the difficulty level of getting a job in Canada for a java developer. I feel knowing this before hand, before trying to apply for a PR/Work permit is always better precaution.

I am an Indian, have studied masters degree from the UK (computer science) and have moved back to India. Now I have around 3 years experience in java programming. Currently working as a freelance java trainer and I train in companies like IBM, Tesco etc.

I'm planning to move to Canada as UK isn't letting anyone entering the country right now and it isn't easy. I want to know how easy/difficult is it to get jobs in Canada as a java developer with 3 years experience? I'm an Oracle certified java pro with a masters degree from the UK and 3 years exp.

My next question is, I have friends who are in good IT companies in Canada in good levels (IT Managers, Team Leads etc.) and they said they would get me ample of interviews. Do you think it's easy to get in? Please suggest me. I'm really worried about it.

Many thanks

En

fakenoob

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Changed to Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge 14 Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 5 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the app
File Transfer...
19 March 2015
Med's Request
11 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Waived Expected
Passport Req..
June-2015 Expected
VISA ISSUED...
July-2015 Expected
LANDED..........
Visiting in Oct-15 ,immigrating in April 2016 Planned
Enthusiastic143 said:
Hello

I am new in this forum. I am trying to understand the difficulty level of getting a job in Canada for a java developer. I feel knowing this before hand, before trying to apply for a PR/Work permit is always better precaution.

I am an Indian, have studied masters degree from the UK (computer science) and have moved back to India. Now I have around 3 years experience in java programming. Currently working as a freelance java trainer and I train in companies like IBM, Tesco etc.

I'm planning to move to Canada as UK isn't letting anyone entering the country right now and it isn't easy. I want to know how easy/difficult is it to get jobs in Canada as a java developer with 3 years experience? I'm an Oracle certified java pro with a masters degree from the UK and 3 years exp.

My next question is, I have friends who are in good IT companies in Canada in good levels (IT Managers, Team Leads etc.) and they said they would get me ample of interviews. Do you think it's easy to get in? Please suggest me. I'm really worried about it.

Many thanks

En
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt] I have friends who are in good IT companies in Canada in good levels (IT Managers, Team Leads etc.)[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

if you belive this you are good to go

anjith_p

May 10, 2014
I'm in the same boat as yours and really worried :) As far as I know we need references and Candian work experience to get interview calls and jobs.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Enthusiastic143 said:
Ask them.....

If they are in really good positions as Managers you should have no problem.

Dec 2, 2014
Thank you.

They said they will get me interviews
So I am happy to give it a try.

Do u think this express entry is easier than the current rules?

Kumar2k1

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NO
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2015
LANDED..........
06-03-2015
Hello friends,

We are recent immigrants to Canada, but currently living in the USA. My wife is a Java professional and she is looking for work in Canada. Our plan is to have one of us settle in a job first in Canada, and then move the whole family.
What are good resources to search for java jobs, apart from friends circle?? please let me know.

thanks.

singh-ak

Sep 18, 2013
There are ample of jobs in Canada for java developers.
You are good to go with out help from friends but still if your friends recommend you for jobs then getting the job will be much easier :)

sindhugururaj

Dec 5, 2014
hi fakenoob
how can your friends in IT help us get job? could you share the contacts. currently we got nomination of NovoScotia provience and got ITA.
am a Java developer and my husband works on Storage.
thanks.

moutaouakilhamid

May 25, 2015
Enthusiastic143 said:
Hello

Many thanks

En

Sumanshagka

Jun 17, 2015
As you have mentioned in the post that you have 3 years experience in Java programming and you are Oracle certified Java pro with a masters degree from the UK. I am sure that you will have enough opportunity to get a great job with good package . As an IT professional I know Java is very complex platform and finding Java professional is really very difficult.

My so many friends are working in Canadian MNC and I have got information from them that "there are so many jobs related to Java programmers are available in Canada".

There are so many website available on-line you can find it via Google which will give information about Java programming job in Canada.

You can get registered to these website and post your CV.

I think this information is definitely going to help you

Kumar2k1

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NO
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2015
LANDED..........
06-03-2015
Hi Friends,

Fortunately, my wife found a job with a big company in Quebec as a java developer. I also came to know that there are many jobs available for java developers, however, companies are reluctant to sponsor work permit for candidates. Unfortunately, they prefer citizens or PRs.

Man...taxes in Quebec are killing us.. approximately 44% pay deductions at source for taxes, employment insurance etc..etc...

justinline

May 19, 2009
Any idea whats the salary range for say

Mid level
Senior level
Architect level

Developers in Montreal area. My friend recently got a call from one companies based out of Montreal, was wondering whats the range he should quote. He is into .Net and C#.

Oct 15, 2015
hi Kumar2k1,

Can you help me understand if there is any chance of getting Java jobs before landing canada. Any help would be really helpful