+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Japan police clearance

Rinka567

Star Member
May 30, 2018
I'm just wondering how to acquire a police clearance certificate from Japan. I am currently residing in Japan. The CIC site says we need to wait for the request letter after we submit the application but I heard some people got their application returned because they don't have police certificate. Thank you very much.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I'm just wondering how to acquire a police clearance certificate from Japan. I am currently residing in Japan. The CIC site says we need to wait for the request letter after we submit the application but I heard some people got their application returned because they don't have police certificate. Thank you very much.
Better check again as these new changes want applicant to send PCC with the application. Read:-
Police certificates for Express Entry applications
It can take a long time to get police certificates. You should consider asking for them as soon as your profile is in the pool.
If you’ve been invited to apply and you still don’t have them, you should ask for them right away.
If you have a criminal record, you may not be allowed to enter or stay in Canada. People who pose a risk to Canada’s security are also not allowed to come to Canada.

Get the police certificates you need
You must include police certificates when you apply for permanent residence.
But That info was Date modified:2017-03-17. again further clicks I get this:-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/japan.html

Rinka567

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Yes, it's kinda confusing because when I checked their site it says I don't need to submit it with my application and I have to wait for their letter.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Yes, it's kinda confusing because when I checked their site it says I don't need to submit it with my application and I have to wait for their letter.
It is as the date is older on that web page 4 Japan. May be phone them and tell agent to further ask his/her expert advice about this. OR may be some 1 here who knows better can guide you further. NEW rules want PCC upfront for spousal NOT for Express thou!

Rinka567

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Yes, when I checked the link you sent me it says that I don't need to provide a police certificate now as I need to wait for their letter. So I'm really confused what to do. I don't know if I can get police clearance here without the official letter from cic. Thank you very much.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Yes, when I checked the link you sent me it says that I don't need to provide a police certificate now as I need to wait for their letter. So I'm really confused what to do. I don't know if I can get police clearance here without the official letter from cic. Thank you very much.
Phone them . IRCC Agents usually if not sure, ask experts as there they have seniors. It happened for my Qs she put me on hold many times and brought all answers. But mind U some agents can give U bit wrong info or diff infos by diff agents I got too

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You need to submit the PR app first. IRCC will then send you a letter to apply for the PCC. Your app will not be returned.

gochaking

Aug 20, 2018
You need to submit the PR app first. IRCC will then send you a letter to apply for the PCC. Your app will not be returned.
I am in the same case with Rinka567.

However, my wife's application got returned saying due to no PCC attached.

Do you know if both CANADA and JAPAN PCC are required?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Damn, that sucks. No, there is no upfront PCC for either Canada or Japan.

I suggest you contact your MP to file a complaint and ask that they contact IRCC to ensure your app is placed back in the queue where it should have been. Send the app again, with the IRCC website info stating that a Japanese PCC can't be obtained upfront. Explain that you have contacted your MP to file a complaint because of the delay caused by IRCC's obvious mistake.

Rinka567

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Yes, I checked the site many times and I called the prefectural police they said they need the letter from CIC to provide police certificate. Did you write a letter of explanation with your application?

Rinka567

Star Member
May 30, 2018

I applied for PCC from my police prefectural office today. I showed them the checklist which states that police certificate is required if u have lived in the country for more than 6 months. Luckily, they accepted it and allowed me to apply for the police certificate. They took my finger print and asked me to come back after one week.

gochaking

Aug 20, 2018
I applied for PCC from my police prefectural office today. I showed them the checklist which states that police certificate is required if u have lived in the country for more than 6 months. Luckily, they accepted it and allowed me to apply for the police certificate. They took my finger print and asked me to come back after one week.
Are you currently living in Japan? We applied from Japanese Embassy in Canada. Yes, we showed them documents in order to receive it.