+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January-April 2017 Outland lands - who is still waiting?

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018
Yesterday (Valentine's Day) my stepmom went into the hospital with an extremely high, irregular heart rate and apparently her atrium is very enlarged and she is at high risk of having a heart attack or stroke and she and my dad chose not to put her on life support/resuscitate if it's really bad. We are not sure if she can be stabilized on medications alone and they are still running tests on her and if the prognosis is not good, she might have limited options. The reason I bring this up, because this is yet another event that reminds me that time is precious and you are right, we can never get this time back waiting and waiting and putting life on hold. Sorry to use bad words, but screw the government, I just hope CBSA won't give my partner a hard time when he comes here because he quit his job cause he thought this would all be done by now (plus he was burned out from working hard cause he knew when he came here, he was going to have to go back to school to upgrade and get his certification to work in his profession). Before I went to see him in November, it had been 10 months that we didn't see each other. I know how you must feel being apart from your wife and I said the same thing about IRCC (now I stopped checking my GCKey account and eCAS too, not that it ever changes. Hang in there, at some point this will end! I hope you get that passport back soon so you can start living life with your wife again! BTW, my dad also sponsored his wife to come here as did my sister with her husband. But I'm pretty sure they didn't have as long of a wait as I am having!
My wife actually got a nasty burn on her hand this Saturday and will be off work for a few weeks. It kills me not being able to be there to take care of her. Last year I broke my foot, but we couldn't be together that time either. You just miss out on so many things, it's heartbreaking. We promised to each other that we will never take each other for granted, and will always wake up having each other by our sides. We don't want to travel anywhere unless we'll be there together. Some couples are okay with spending some time apart, but I am so done with that, we have more than enough time to try to recover now.
Something that really pisses me off about this process is the lack of transparency. In my case, sending emails or webforms to the embassy has proven to be futile, since they never reply, and just ignore them. Not even our MP wanted to help. You can order GCMS notes, but they take a whole month if you're lucky and they're not late. And even after having them, what can you do with it? You're just left to drown in the dark, not knowing anything nor having an idea of what will happen next. How do you tell them, hey, my app is all done now, just stamp the visa and give me my passport back, you've had it for over two months and it's been a month since you have all the things you need?
Altogether this has been an awful experience, although the world awful doesn't do justice to what it really is. Like you said, screw them.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
My wife actually got a nasty burn on her hand this Saturday and will be off work for a few weeks. It kills me not being able to be there to take care of her. Last year I broke my foot, but we couldn't be together that time either. You just miss out on so many things, it's heartbreaking. We promised to each other that we will never take each other for granted, and will always wake up having each other by our sides. We don't want to travel anywhere unless we'll be there together. Some couples are okay with spending some time apart, but I am so done with that, we have more than enough time to try to recover now.
Something that really pisses me off about this process is the lack of transparency. In my case, sending emails or webforms to the embassy has proven to be futile, since they never reply, and just ignore them. Not even our MP wanted to help. You can order GCMS notes, but they take a whole month if you're lucky and they're not late. And even after having them, what can you do with it? You're just left to drown in the dark, not knowing anything nor having an idea of what will happen next. How do you tell them, hey, my app is all done now, just stamp the visa and give me my passport back, you've had it for over two months and it's been a month since you have all the things you need?
Altogether this has been an awful experience, although the world awful doesn't do justice to what it really is. Like you said, screw them.
In sickness and in health .... you want to be there for everything! I so understand when you say you don't want to be apart as you spent enough time apart. I am sure most of us here are in the unique situation that we won't take the other person for granted. I feel kind of drained lately due to bad news from family, yet again this morning learned that my aunt has inoperable liver cancer (when it rains it pours). Shortly after that, my partner texted me this morning and after 3 months in the interview queue, he was given a date to come to Buenos Aires on March 19 for his interview. Finally I will get to see him as I am going to go down to be with him for support (maybe they will want to talk to me too as we are so complicated). I am taking a night course right now and have to skip my last two classes, hopefully that will be Ok, but I really would like to go as we have been on this journey for so long, I feel I need to see it to the end (no matter what the verdict). Seeing from your experience, if I don't go, should they approve his application, who knows how much longer it will take to the the CoPR or if they refuse his application, then it will take much more time! I just want to see him and take a break from all this craziness that is my life now!

Your MP really can't do anything to find out what is going on? Their office should at least send a status enquiry, because you have already waited 2 months! Someone else said that they asked to deal with the manager at the MP's office and he was much more helpful. I wish I had some other brilliant idea to tell you where you can turn to to get info. Hopefully you hear something soon! Sending you good vibes! Keep us posted.