+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 25 Computer Based IELTS, CANADA

Anneh2019

Jan 20, 2020
Hi all, I am not sure if this thread is valid for this question but I am taking my CBT IELTS next weekend and was hoping for some clarifications/advice from all of you. Kindly help!

Q1 - I now understand that we won't have time to transfer answers from paper to the system in case of the listening test and we need to learn to practice typing the answers directly into the system. Does this mean that after I finish answering the 4 sections, I won't get to go back and review/modify my answers?

Q2 - The word count for writing part 1 is at least 150 words and for part 2 it is at least 250 words. However, I don't see any mention of an upper limit. Is there any suggested count you should not exceed? What do you advise?

Q3 - Reading test, can you go back forth the sections and questions to review/modify your answers?

Q4 - If you finish your Reading test early, can you move to the Writing test or do you need to wait for the 60 minutes to wrap up?

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Hi all, I am not sure if this thread is valid for this question but I am taking my CBT IELTS next weekend and was hoping for some clarifications/advice from all of you. Kindly help!

Q1 - I now understand that we won't have time to transfer answers from paper to the system in case of the listening test and we need to learn to practice typing the answers directly into the system. Does this mean that after I finish answering the 4 sections, I won't get to go back and review/modify my answers?

Q2 - The word count for writing part 1 is at least 150 words and for part 2 it is at least 250 words. However, I don't see any mention of an upper limit. Is there any suggested count you should not exceed? What do you advise?

Q3 - Reading test, can you go back forth the sections and questions to review/modify your answers?

Q4 - If you finish your Reading test early, can you move to the Writing test or do you need to wait for the 60 minutes to wrap up?
A1: You will get 2 minutes after the recording stops. I would suggest that you write all the answers as they say them. Otherwise it will get really hard to enter at the end.

A2: You can write as many words as you want to write considering you are not under the limit. But try to not go over 350 as you will end up repeating lot more words which can adversely affect your score. Read the instructions carefully, sometimes they might give you 250-300 words.

A3: Yes, you can go back to change or modify your answers.

A4: You cannot move to writing test in case you finish early. You will have to wait full 60mins

PS: you will see the timer at the top. if you hover over it, you can actually see the seconds as well. It shows minutes only otherwise.

Good luck with your exam.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ardika