+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2024 Intake - SDS

Darshana Dias

Jun 24, 2021
AAT completion and 01 year MBA degree as college/University admission requirement of Graduate Certificate

I would appreciate your opinion. Using an agent I applied to Fanshawe College for a Graduate Certificate, with AAT SL membership and 01 year MBA degree in Finance (UK) . Unfortunately, my college application was rejected with the reason stated as "Ineligible-Missing Requirement." Their Admission requirement is '' Two- or Three-Year College Diploma, or a Degree'' . for IELTS, agent informed that I can submit IELTS results after I get conditional offer letter and offer was rejected only because of my 2 year diploma equivalent issue.

So I decided not to use an agent and to apply myself and this group content is really valuable for me. Previously I did IELTS general for EE and I'm taking IELTS academic this month for student pathway.

Since I do not possess an undergraduate bachelor's degree, I would like to know in terms of entry requirements ,

1.does colleges consider 01 year MBA degree and AAT completion equal to 2-year diploma, for post graduate certificate. and considering my age factor of 30 years, will it be bad choice to focus on undergratuate diplomas instead of trageting for post graduate programms .

2.And considering Fanshawe college rejection, do I need to obtain academic WES evaluation before starting applying colleges and Universities?

3.I already did the WES evaluation for MBA (EE profile) and got results as master’s degree , is it okey submit this WES results with transcipt during trascipt submision.

Prem G

Star Member
Jan 4, 2024
Do SDS Applications get processed in 20-25 Days I am really worried cause My college starts on 15 Feb and I am from India applied under SDS

skmanojkum

Mar 7, 2024
When did you applied??
Submitted - 3rd Feb 2024
Biometrics - 7th Feb 2024
Medical passed - 28th Feb 2024
Got ghost update - 29th Feb 2024
Eligibility and background check - we are processing your background check

after that no update

Prem G

Star Member
Jan 4, 2024
Submitted - 3rd Feb 2024
Biometrics - 7th Feb 2024
Medical passed - 28th Feb 2024
Got ghost update - 29th Feb 2024
Eligibility and background check - we are processing your background check

after that no update
SDS Study Permit right??

skmanojkum

Mar 7, 2024
Applied for study visa (non SDS) from Nigeria

Application date: August 21st

Upfront Medicals

Biometrics: Completed (previous application)

Medical exam: Not started

Eligibility: Not started

Background verification: In progress (Aug 25th)

... will keep updating

***UPDATE

-------------

Eligibility: In progress (Sept 15th)

Medical Passed (Sept 16th)
U got any update ?

kiowaraine

Apr 18, 2024
Hello! Congratulations to everyone that has received their PPR!

I am re-applying again for a new study permit (2x refused, then did judicial review and got approved, but school did not allow deferrals so lost my slot due to delay).

It is my first time to use the IRCC Portal since I was using GCKey before.

I am a bit confused on the finances part as it is asking for the total costs for all years of study. I will be taking a 2 year diploma. In the funds available for the study in Canada, did you have the total for the 2 years available? or did you just have the requirement of IRCC of 1 year tuition paid and the minimum required of $20,635?

Would really appreciate any insights into this. Thank you!