BIL & Medical Request: Feb 27
Medical given: Feb 27
Medical Updated (GCkey & Tracker): March 13
BIL given and Updated same day (GCkey & Tracker): Feb 28

OWP applied: Feb 28
BIL updated: Feb 28

wkh717

Mar 14, 2024
So you got SA and AIP before submitting BIL? Did you apply for health card based on AIP/SA?

My eligibility hasn't started and Background in progress. BIL was updated feb 28 and Medical only shown completed yesterday.

If possible, could you discreetly share AIP and SA text you received.

Application Submitted - Jan 1st
Medical Completed (Tracker) - Jan 22nd
AOR - Jan 23rd
Medical Passed (GCKey) - Jan 23rd
BIL - Feb 9th
Eligibility Completed (Tracker) - Feb 9th
Pre Arrival Letter - Feb 10th
SA - Feb 15th (Arrived in mail Feb 23rd)
AIP - Feb 15th
Biometrics Submitted - Feb 21st
Biometrics Completed (GCkey) – Feb 21st
Biometrics Completed (Tracker) – Feb 22nd

OWP Application Submitted - Jan 27th
OWP Final Decision in Progress - Feb 14th
OWP Approved - Feb 18th
OWP Received - Feb 22nd

lidameli

Feb 5, 2024
Hello guys, I know that any form of social assistance from the Government is a big no no in sponsoring your spouse, do you know if being a student and getting Student Loans is a problem as well? My husband has applied for a student aid years ago when he first started school and now he is in his last semester and he is sponsoring me and we’re worried if this may cause a problem for the eligibility requirement. Any experience on this would be appreciated.

sbaig_27

Sep 5, 2019
Hello everyone,
We have a lawyer representing us on my wife's sponsorship application. Yesterday I noticed on the tracker that my wife's telephone number was incorrect. The last digit specifically. This was a mistake made by me while completing the forms. Is it important to get the number changed or it does not matter as IRCC only communicates via email of the sponsor, the applicant or the rep?

emb0510

Feb 21, 2024
Hello, what are the requirements for applying Inland Spousal Sponsorship? The main sponsor is PR already and the wife is under PGWP. we only have the lease of our rental agreement and phone bills. is it enough? if not what more do we need to provide as a requirements? Thank you in advance for answering.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello, what are the requirements for applying Inland Spousal Sponsorship? The main sponsor is PR already and the wife is under PGWP. we only have the lease of our rental agreement and phone bills. is it enough? if not what more do we need to provide as a requirements? Thank you in advance for answering.
See reply on another discussion:
Start with the application and instructions. If you download the document checklist in the application package, that will be the easiest guide to what you will need.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/apply.html

Braddles75

Mar 11, 2024
Spousal Inland. CEC Mississauga.

Sponsor: Citizen, PA: Australian

Jan 10: Application submitted

Jan 26: AOR

Feb 16: Eligibility marked completed

Feb 17: Pre Arrival Services letter

Feb 17: Biometrics Instruction Letter

Feb 21: Biometrics submitted

Feb 21: Sponsor Eligibility letter

Feb 21: PA Eligibility letter

Feb 23: Medical Instruction Letter

March 6: Medical undertaken

March 14: Medical marked completed

Now just twiddling my thumbs waiting for background to be completed...

Reactions: sainiprabhjot

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my spouse, she has an existing open work permit valid until 2026. Do I still need to apply for her OWP in the sponsor application?
any suggestions will be appreciated!

sbaig_27

Sep 5, 2019
I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my spouse, she has an existing open work permit valid until 2026. Do I still need to apply for her OWP in the sponsor application?
any suggestions will be appreciated!
Hello,
The spousal OWP is only required if the person being sponsored will lose their status while the application is under process. If she has a valid work permit till 2026, then you do not need to apply for the SOWP. You can apply for it in the unlikely event that your application is still in progress in 2026 and her current permit is expiring.

aksaelsababu

Jan 19, 2024
Hey,
I submitted my application in January 23,2024 and got my AOR in February 01,2024. My eligibility has not started yet. Is this taking usual time or should i be worried of anything?

wkh717

Mar 14, 2024
Hey,
I submitted my application in January 23,2024 and got my AOR in February 01,2024. My eligibility has not started yet. Is this taking usual time or should i be worried of anything?
Everyone on Jan application has seen slow progress. Nothing to worry. Not sure why IRCC slowed down for everyone now.