+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2024 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

sainiprabhjot

Feb 5, 2024
Hi all!

I applied for PR under spousal sponsorship in Canada class on January 10th. I still have not received the AOR. However, I received BIL and a medical request on 20th January. In the GC portal, I do have an application number starting with the letter F.

My TRV was to expire on March 20th therefore, I applied for a Visitor Record and received an extension today until June 30, 2024.

On the IRCC website it says that if a person has applied for PR under spousal sponsorship in Canada class, and their TRV is going to expire in less than 2 weeks, they can apply for an OWP without the AOR.

My question is since I now have the Visitor Record valid for another 3 months am I still qualified under this category to apply for a OWP?
Also, is it normal not to receive an AOR during the application process?

1. Application: Spousal Sponsorship in Canada Class
  • Sponsor: PR
  • Submitted: 2024-01-10
  • AOR: Not received
  • BIL: 2024-02-20
  • Biometric Submitted: 2024-02-28
  • Medical Exam Instruction: 2024-02-22
  • Medical Report Submitted: 2024-03-06
2. Application: Visitor Record
  • TRV expiry date: 2024-03-20
  • Visitor Record Application Submitted: 2024-02-19
  • Received Final Decision: 2024-03-06 (extended till 2024-06-30)
Thank you!
I am not sure about the OWP process but you must have received AOR if the application is moving forward check sponsors email for AOR, also look into spam folder and make sure you entered correct sponsor email in the application.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi all!

I applied for PR under spousal sponsorship in Canada class on January 10th. I still have not received the AOR. However, I received BIL and a medical request on 20th January. In the GC portal, I do have an application number starting with the letter F.

My TRV was to expire on March 20th therefore, I applied for a Visitor Record and received an extension today until June 30, 2024.

On the IRCC website it says that if a person has applied for PR under spousal sponsorship in Canada class, and their TRV is going to expire in less than 2 weeks, they can apply for an OWP without the AOR.

My question is since I now have the Visitor Record valid for another 3 months am I still qualified under this category to apply for a OWP?
Also, is it normal not to receive an AOR during the application process?

1. Application: Spousal Sponsorship in Canada Class
  • Sponsor: PR
  • Submitted: 2024-01-10
  • AOR: Not received
  • BIL: 2024-02-20
  • Biometric Submitted: 2024-02-28
  • Medical Exam Instruction: 2024-02-22
  • Medical Report Submitted: 2024-03-06
2. Application: Visitor Record
  • TRV expiry date: 2024-03-20
  • Visitor Record Application Submitted: 2024-02-19
  • Received Final Decision: 2024-03-06 (extended till 2024-06-30)
Thank you!
The email with your application number starting with 'F' is your AOR. You did get AOR.

Cherrysuibian

Oct 11, 2023
I am not sure about the OWP process but you must have received AOR if the application is moving forward check sponsors email for AOR, also look into spam folder and make sure you entered correct sponsor email in the application.
Thank you for your response.

We checked the spam folder as well. And we get other emails (like BIL and medical request emails) from IRCC directly to our inbox.

Is there any other way to check this on GCKey account or application tracker, please?

Cherrysuibian

Oct 11, 2023
The email with your application number starting with 'F' is your AOR. You did get AOR.
Thanks for your response.

I didn't receive any other emails other than the BIL and Medical Request. I found the application number starting with the letter F only on those emails.

We always receive emails related to our application directly to the Sponsor's email inbox. But just to be sure we even checked our spam folders.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you for your response.

We checked the spam folder as well. And we get other emails (like BIL and medical request emails) from IRCC directly to our inbox.

Is there any other way to check this on GCKey account or application tracker, please?
Did you check the email account of the sponsor? AOR is usually emailed to the sponsor's email.

Cherrysuibian

Oct 11, 2023
Try to contact IRCC. I am sure you have past the stage of AOR (since you've gotten medical and bio requests).
Wonder if they have made a mistake on the sponsor's email address in the record.
Thanks.

Is there any contact number that we should call? or is there any other way to raise this matter through the GCKey account?

sainiprabhjot

Feb 5, 2024
Thanks.

Is there any contact number that we should call? or is there any other way to raise this matter through the GCKey account?
Try linking you application to GCkey account with UCI and last name or other parameters which do not include application number. Remember to add 2 in "number of applicant section" if you are without dependent children.

Cherrysuibian

Oct 11, 2023
Try linking you application to GCkey account with UCI and last name or other parameters which do not include application number. Remember to add 2 in "number of applicant section" if you are without dependent children.
Thanks for the guidance.
I have already linked my PR application to the GCKey account. There I can see applications for both the PR and the visitor record.

Is there a way to raise my following 2 questions within the GCKey account, please?
1. Since I now have the Visitor Record valid for another 3 months am I still qualified under this category to apply for a OWP?
2. Is it normal not to receive an AOR during the application process?

lidameli

Feb 5, 2024
Thanks for the guidance.
I have already linked my PR application to the GCKey account. There I can see applications for both the PR and the visitor record.

Is there a way to raise my following 2 questions within the GCKey account, please?
1. Since I now have the Visitor Record valid for another 3 months am I still qualified under this category to apply for a OWP?
2. Is it normal not to receive an AOR during the application process?
We use IRCC’s Webform for all of our enquires these days. They are slow but they are incredibly helpful. Perhaps you could use that.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

If you decide to use it make sure you give as much information as possible in as little words as you can muster. Write your UCI, Application Number, etc. Also make sure to include all the dates that are relevant. Date of biometrics, medical, etc.

With that being said, I wouldn’t worry too much. The AOR includes your Application Number and it’s a step to indicate that your application is moving forward. You have received medical and biometrics request so your application is moving forward. If you need to apply for a work permit just include your application number and write a brief explanation letter that you haven’t received an AOR e-mail but you do have your application number.

Reactions: YVR123

Cherrysuibian

Oct 11, 2023
We use IRCC’s Webform for all of our enquires these days. They are slow but they are incredibly helpful. Perhaps you could use that.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

If you decide to use it make sure you give as much information as possible in as little words as you can muster. Write your UCI, Application Number, etc. Also make sure to include all the dates that are relevant. Date of biometrics, medical, etc.

With that being said, I wouldn’t worry too much. The AOR includes your Application Number and it’s a step to indicate that your application is moving forward. You have received medical and biometrics request so your application is moving forward. If you need to apply for a work permit just include your application number and write a brief explanation letter that you haven’t received an AOR e-mail but you do have your application number.
Thanks a lot for the info. I will follow your instructions and apply for the OWP.

Penichefr

May 6, 2019
Update:

Submitted: January 15th, 2024
AOR: Janury 31st, 2024
BIL: Feb 23rd, 2024
Medical completed: Mar 1st, 2024
Biometrics collected: Mar 7th, 2024
Sponsor: Citizen

OWP requested: Feb 1st, 2024
OWP biometrics approved: Feb 29th, 2024
OWP approved: Mar 04th, 2024