+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 Vancouver applications

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Ladies and Gentlemen,

If you applied for Canadian citizenship in January 2023 and belong to a Vancouver processing office. Please, join this thread and share your updates and experience!

Through my forum and threads scouting, I noticed, and under a very convincing suspicion, that the Vancouver office is dramatically slow and sometimes can be slightly "extra." Given, I do not know the details of everyone's applications, circumstances, or particularities. Thus this thread is so we can communicate and discuss our January 2023 applications and processing, celebrate "victories", and support each other in meanwhile we are all waiting. And, who knows? Maybe we will end up celebrating together in person if you are up for it.

In order to kickstart the thread, I asked Chat GPT the following question: "What are good questions to ask someone who applied for Canadian citizenship?" And these are the questions AI came up with. Please, feel free to ask one or couple or all of them.
  1. What motivated you to apply for Canadian citizenship?
  2. How long have you been living in Canada?
  3. What was the most challenging part of the citizenship application process for you?
  4. What do you think are the benefits of being a Canadian citizen?
  5. How has your life changed since you applied for Canadian citizenship?
  6. Have you encountered any obstacles or challenges during your time in Canada? If so, how did you overcome them?
  7. What are some things you appreciate about Canadian culture or society?
  8. What do you hope to contribute to Canadian society as a citizen?
  9. What advice would you give to someone who is considering applying for Canadian citizenship?
  10. What are your future plans as a Canadian citizen?

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
As a US citizen (whose parents come from Ukraine) and someone who lived in Europe and China for many years, let me answer the following question: "What are some things you appreciate about Canadian culture or society?"
  1. Diversity and inclusivity
  2. Universal healthcare
  3. Education: Canada has a strong education system with world-renowned universities and a focus on providing access to education for all.
  4. Natural beauty
  5. Safety and security: Canada is considered one of the world's safest and most peaceful countries, with low crime rates and a stable political system.
  6. Social justice: Canada has a solid commitment to social justice and human rights, with laws and policies in place to protect the rights of all individuals.
  7. Quality of life: Canada consistently ranks highly in measures of quality of life, including factors such as economic stability, healthcare, education, and work-life balance.

BTW, still been no updates since March 24 (when the citizenship test was marked as completed.) LPP is still in progress.

Reactions: Americanwife94

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hey gang, hope you are enjoying this amazing West coast shine! I have been carefully scanning and reading 2022 (and 2023) application threads, along with the Vancouver application thread, and these are some of my conclusions about Vancouver applications:
  1. It is very slow. Though there are many comments and complaints about Scarborough applications being slow, it looks like Vancouver is respectively on par with how fast/quick applications are being processed.
  2. Request for additional documentation. Many applicants on this forum note that they been requested to provide additional documentation. Usually, it is full passport scans.
  3. Unreasonable delays. Though it is hard to say what is unreasonable, and it might be a subjective to suggest it is unreasonable. However, many people with relatively plain and simple, straightforward applications (as they claim) are still waiting for almost 20 months and even longer.
These are just some observations I managed to pinpoint based on the comments in many forum threads.

If you received an email from the following email address: IRCC.WestCitizenshipEApp-EappOUESTCitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca more likely your application is being processed in Vancouver.

OSHammat

Mar 24, 2023
Hey gang, hope you are enjoying this amazing West coast shine! I have been carefully scanning and reading 2022 (and 2023) application threads, along with the Vancouver application thread, and these are some of my conclusions about Vancouver applications:
  1. It is very slow. Though there are many comments and complaints about Scarborough applications being slow, it looks like Vancouver is respectively on par with how fast/quick applications are being processed.
  2. Request for additional documentation. Many applicants on this forum note that they been requested to provide additional documentation. Usually, it is full passport scans.
  3. Unreasonable delays. Though it is hard to say what is unreasonable, and it might be a subjective to suggest it is unreasonable. However, many people with relatively plain and simple, straightforward applications (as they claim) are still waiting for almost 20 months and even longer.
These are just some observations I managed to pinpoint based on the comments in many forum threads.

If you received an email from the following email address: IRCC.WestCitizenshipEApp-EappOUESTCitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca more likely your application is being processed in Vancouver.
Hey @Dr. Walden , many thanks for the great info! A quick question, I received a FP request from Vancouver office last March, submitted my FPs and got my BG completed in the tracker early April and no update since then, does that mean my application is being processed at Vancouver office? I am asking because I read somewhere that your file will be transferred from Vancouver to another office after processing the FP.

canyang

Feb 25, 2023
Hi Dr Walden, thanks for opening the post. My question is that did you mean the processing office is Vancouver? or the applicant's address is in Vancouver? My address is in Richmond, and according to the invitation letter, the proccessing office seems in Sydney.

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hi Dr Walden, thanks for opening the post. My question is that did you mean the processing office is Vancouver? or the applicant's address is in Vancouver? My address is in Richmond, and according to the invitation letter, the proccessing office seems in Sydney.
Well, all applications start at Sydney, NS and then redistributed to the local offices most likely. What email did your citizenship test notice to appear come from? Was it IRCC.WestCitizenshipEApp-EappOUESTCitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca? If yes. Then your application is now in Vancouver.

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Based on information from another thread, it looks like @RyanVan, who applied in August 2022, finally, had his LPP completed today. I don't even know what to make out of this. The Vancouver processing office has 1 employee working part-time?