+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 Spousal Sponsorship OUTLAND (Paper/Online)

niso

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
I got RPRF request letter on Dec 18 and pre arrival on Dec 19.just paid PR fees. Now waiting for next step.

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
I got RPRF request letter on Dec 18 and pre arrival on Dec 19.just paid PR fees. Now waiting for next step.
What is your VO ?, why did not you pay the PR fees earlier at the time of submitting the application ? what else is left to complete as per your tracker ?

niso

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Paying at end stage was my decision. My VO is NDVO. In tracker it shows all steps completed. Last was eligibility which got completed on Dec 17.

niso

Star Member
Mar 8, 2018
Hopefully.. as far I understand next is COPR. As eligibility, background, medical, fees all done. Got prearrival also. Can some one help me here if I m right?

Reactions: Home_13579

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Hopefully.. as far I understand next is COPR. As eligibility, background, medical, fees all done. Got prearrival also. Can some one help me here if I m right?
The next step will be PPR (Passport request) for visa and you probably get the COPR with your passport when they send it back to you

FNK-RUIRU

Feb 2, 2023
Happy new year members.
Just enquiring. Is anyone else in the same dilemma like me?
It's now going to two months since everything went green on my tracker on 17th Nov 2023. All four items completed.
Then total silence from IRCC up to now. I will hit the 12 month mark on 11th Jan 2024 and then my file goes to backlog I suppose.
Despite numerous WEB forms submission, they keep telling me that the file is under officer's review.
I wonder what is happening.
Please can anybody shed some light on this please.

Reactions: Home_13579

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Happy new year members.
It's now going to two months since everything went green on my tracker on 17th Nov 2023. All four items completed.
Then total silence from IRCC up to now. I will hit the 12 month mark on 11th Jan 2024 and then my file goes to backlog I suppose.
Despite numerous WEB forms submission, they keep telling me that the file is under officer's review.
Strongly suggesting you to involve your mp. Seems ur application is all done and forgotten? I'm sure it's not the case, but perhaps MP's office might be able to nudge the officer.

Last edited:

SKGUG

Nov 29, 2023
Happy new year members.
Despite numerous WEB forms submission, they keep telling me that the file

is under officer's review.
Do you know what happens when a file goes into backlog? Does it go to the bottom of the backlog? Backlog seems to be the case for most of the applications on the African continent.

SKGUG

Nov 29, 2023
I don't know whether nairobi visa office is working on spousal sponsorship application. They seem slow.
Actually, this is not just Nairobi office, Even Dar es Salaam office is as slow. And Dar es Salaam will not even respond to webforms until your application is passed processing times. They clearly put it on their website. I saw someone from Cairo who was complaining of the same, but who knows this one from Cairo could have been a 1-off.

FNK-RUIRU

Feb 2, 2023
I don't know whether nairobi visa office is working on spousal sponsorship application. They seem slow.
Actually mine seemed to progress well until Eligibility was completed in July. Then a long delay to the end oof November when BGV was completed. After that was expecting PPR but nothing up to now.