+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 Intake...Lets Connect!!!

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Hey @Geet7

Could you please share more details about your first application that has been refused?

Did you check your chance of approval before you submit it? If so, what was your ImmiScore?

What material changes have you made to your second application to satisfy the officer's concerns?

I hope you hear good news soon.
My wife and I are Guatemalan citizens living permanently in Chile for almost 10 years. The main issue is we don't have any family or properties in Chile so ties to our home country was always a challenge. The main issue with the refusal was that almost all of the information in the GCMS notes was incorrect. The officer said we were living in Chile since 2019 and that my wife had not worked in years. Also it said that we lacked funds. All of these arguments were wrong and we tried to contact the VO to make them see their mistake but we received no reply at all.

For the second application, we sent evidence of business we both have set up in Chile, proof that we are in the process of becoming Chilean nationals and even a job offer to proof our ties to Chile. Also, we highlighted all of the mistakes they made reviewing our previous application.

Our application has spent almost 18 weeks being processed and at this point, all we want is a decision. My wife was already accepted to a European University and honestly, we just need their decision to ask for a refund with her college in Canada. At this point, we honestly don't care if the say yes or no, we just need an answer.

Hope you hear back from them soon!

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
My wife and I are Guatemalan citizens living permanently in Chile for almost 10 years. The main issue is we don't have any family or properties in Chile so ties to our home country was always a challenge. The main issue with the refusal was that almost all of the information in the GCMS notes was incorrect. The officer said we were living in Chile since 2019 and that my wife had not worked in years. Also it said that we lacked funds. All of these arguments were wrong and we tried to contact the VO to make them see their mistake but we received no reply at all.

For the second application, we sent evidence of business we both have set up in Chile, proof that we are in the process of becoming Chilean nationals and even a job offer to proof our ties to Chile. Also, we highlighted all of the mistakes they made reviewing our previous application.

Our application has spent almost 18 weeks being processed and at this point, all we want is a decision. My wife was already accepted to a European University and honestly, we just need their decision to ask for a refund with her college in Canada. At this point, we honestly don't care if the say yes or no, we just need an answer.

Hope you hear back from them soon!
Thanks for the information.

It is unfortunate that errors in processing applications could cause significant problems for applicants. When the degree of errors is severe (like in your case, as you mentioned), We usually recommend a persuasive reconsideration letter following litigation, should the file is not reopened.

But again, that is another problem to fight with unreasonable decisions, So for many, re-apply may sound faster and more realistic.

Using machine-assisted tools that look at your profile and compare it with historical data just like the one I mentioned in my previous post, is one of the useful tools when you want to fight with IRCC's chinook system.

Anyway, hope you get an answer soon.

Btw, I'm a Canadian Citizen and an Immigration practitioner;

Reactions: Geet7
Jun 8, 2022
Anyone here who apply for spring intake kpu? Does anyone get offer letter..i want to know the processing time or days take by kpu to issue offer letter?

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021

It is unfortunate that errors in processing applications could cause significant problems for applicants. When the degree of errors is severe (like in your case, as you mentioned), We usually recommend a persuasive reconsideration letter following litigation, should the file is not reopened.

But again, that is another problem to fight with unreasonable decisions, So for many, re-apply may sound faster and more realistic.

Using machine-assisted tools that look at your profile and compare it with historical data just like the one I mentioned in my previous post, is one of the useful tools when you want to fight with IRCC's chinook system.

We pondered about following legal action but honestly, we didn't want to have to deal with all the headaches involved in these type of situations. So we decided it was better for us to apply for a second time and parallel to that plan, my wife applied to another University at another country where she was accepted.

At the end of the day, we were sure that legal action was probably the road with more probabilities of success but we weren't interested in paying the price (both in money and peace of mind hahaha).

Thank you for your comment!!!

Reactions: soheilhs

Lass

Jun 26, 2022
Hello everyone,

Quick question

Do we need a police clearance certificate for student visa for indian residents? I did not see it anywhere in the checklist in ircc.

ahmed221

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
SDS Application (Pakistan) winter intake 2023.
File lodged: 12 July
Upfront medical completed: 13 June
Upfront medical passed: 20 June
Biometrics completed: 14 July

Rahul Kataria

Jul 15, 2022
Got Acceptance from University of winnipeg PACE for Jan'23 intake.. Visa applied on 4th July, What is the current processing time from hyderabad india?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Got Acceptance from University of winnipeg PACE for Jan'23 intake.. Visa applied on 4th July, What is the current processing time from hyderabad india?
Study visa is processed usually in Edmonton

When did you give biomertrics/

Check the processing times on Canada.ca

Avg is at 13 weeks or so

Setmudit

Jul 15, 2022
Hello everyone,
I have received letter of acceptance from SAIT (winter intake 2023). Already deposited 10,000 CAD GIC in CIBC bank. I am waiting for my first year tuition fee to be transferred and apply for study permit.
Congratulations bro i am Indian citizen i have got 6.5 overall on ielts but 5.5 in writing module can you help me regarding to this should i apply for non sds category or retake my exam nd apply for sds category for January intake
Can I also know how much you score in ielts or which category you have applied

CJ27

Star Member
May 24, 2022
Hi Below is our timeline.

Non-SDS SP & SOWP from Singapore for Winter 2023

For SP:
======
Application Submission : 12 May 2022
Biometric Collection Letter : 12 May 2022
Biometric Completed and Updated : 17 May 2022
Medical Passed : 17 May 2022
Awaiting for next update.

For SOWP:
========
Application Submission : 12 May 2022
Biometric Collection Letter : 14 May 2022
Biometric Completed : 19 May 2022
Biometric Updated: 23 May 2022
Awaiting for next update

Anyone applied for Jan 2023 intake from Singapore

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021

The weirdest thing happened yesterday. My wife is the main applicant for the SP, I applied for a OWP. Yesterday, we both received a letter confirming the validity of our biometrics (they are valid until 2031 because of our previous application). Then, I received a passport request and in my profile, it said that my application had been approved and I needed to submit my passport to the nearest VFS. However, my wife did not receive a passport request.

I believe it should arrive shortly given that she is the main applicant and my application relies on hers being approved. Another option is that they made a mistake in sending me the passport request letter.

So weird...