+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

cksdncksn

Feb 8, 2023
Hi everyone,

I just received a pre-arrival letter.
I was wondering if this pre-arrival letter is the same as approval in principle, or if there is a difference between the two?
Since I do not have valid status in Canada right now, I need to apply OWP once I get AIP.

Thanks in advance!

ggkk

Feb 9, 2023
Hi everyone,

I just received a pre-arrival letter.
I was wondering if this pre-arrival letter is the same as approval in principle, or if there is a difference between the two?
Since I do not have valid status in Canada right now, I need to apply OWP once I get AIP.

Thanks in advance!
You can apply for a work permit with your AOR number, don’t need to wait for AIP. And PAL doesn’t mean AIP.

leo89b

Mar 2, 2023
Hello everyone,

We submitted inland application on Feb 10 and waiting for the updates. (no updates till this date so quite worried)
Is there anything else we need to do (or better to do) after submitting the application, like linking application to GCkey or creating account in PR portal? Or all these can be done after receiving AOR only?

Thanks in advance!

cksdncksn

Feb 8, 2023
You can apply for a work permit with your AOR number, don’t need to wait for AIP. And PAL doesn’t mean AIP.
Thanks for your reply!

I get PAL is not AIP! Thanks

I still need to wait for AIP since I got no valid status in Canada :(
I can only apply for OWP after AOR when I have a valid status

cksdncksn

Feb 8, 2023
Hello everyone,

We submitted inland application on Feb 10 and waiting for the updates. (no updates till this date so quite worried)
Is there anything else we need to do (or better to do) after submitting the application, like linking application to GCkey or creating account in PR portal? Or all these can be done after receiving AOR only?

Thanks in advance!
You can do those only after receiving AOR.

AOR takes from a day up to 4 months, no one can tell the exact time frame.
FYI, I took 42 days to receive AOR.

Fingers crossed!

leo89b

Mar 2, 2023
You can do those only after receiving AOR.

AOR takes from a day up to 4 months, no one can tell the exact time frame.
FYI, I took 42 days to receive AOR.

Fingers crossed!
Thank you for your reply,

Yes, fingers crossed and we hope that we will receive it soon, as principal applicant's work permit is going to expire in May.
Sorry to disturb you again but what is PAL and AIP?

cksdncksn

Feb 8, 2023
Thank you for your reply,

Yes, fingers crossed and we hope that we will receive it soon, as principal applicant's work permit is going to expire in May.
Sorry to disturb you again but what is PAL and AIP?
PAL is pre-arrival letter
AIP is approved in principle

michaela77

Jan 26, 2023
I applied on 16th, GC key eligibility changed to reviewing on Feb 27th, no notification came, I went to GC key and saw the change. Pre arrival letter received today. Does your GC key say in reviewing? Also the Ircc pr tracker doesn't represent the processing properly. GC key is accurate!
Eligibility just updated!

Applied on 12th, sponsor PR tracker now shows "eligibility completed" on Feb 28th, and PA GCkey tracker shows eligibility is being reviewed since March 1st.

We received no emails, no SA, no "we started reviewing...". But this means sponsor was approved and they are examining PA now right?

mvk88

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Eligibility just updated!

Applied on 12th, sponsor PR tracker now shows "eligibility completed" on Feb 28th, and PA GCkey tracker shows eligibility is being reviewed since March 1st.

We received no emails, no SA, no "we started reviewing...". But this means sponsor was approved and they are examining PA now right?
Hi, that was quick. Did you receive AOR? How did you check the status in Gckey? Do you have to link the application?

michaela77

Jan 26, 2023
Hi, that was quick. Did you receive AOR? How did you check the status in Gckey? Do you have to link the application?
I applied on January 12th, not Feb 12th, sorry for not clarifying lol. AOR received Jan 31st and was able to link application same day.

mvk88

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
I applied on January 12th, not Feb 12th, sorry for not clarifying lol. AOR received Jan 31st and was able to link application same day.
Thats OK, I applied on 6th of February still haven't received an AOR, I believe I have to wait till receive the AOR for me to link the application. Thank you