+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
Hi guys, I have a question regarding showing proof. My wife (sponsor) is still in school, and I (principal applicant) has been the one working. We got married in December, and I haven't added her to my bank account yet. How do we show that she is able to "take care of myself and herself"? Thanks.

ChesterR

Jan 30, 2023
Hi. We applied on November 2nd, 2022, received the medical exam request a few weeks later, biometrics a week or so after that, the police certificate a week ago, but no AOR anywhere. It seems most INLAND PR applicants got their AOR before the medical exam and biometrics requests. We have reviewed the email account several times and haven't found anything resembling an AOR (though we very recently got the Inland APR Eligibility Decision Letter). Does anyone know what's happening?

Last edited:

ikorut

Jan 10, 2023
Hi. We applied on November 2nd, 2022, received the medical exam request a few weeks later, biometrics a week or so after that, the police certificate a week ago, but no AOR anywhere. It seems most INLAND PR applicants got their AOR before the medical exam and biometrics requests. We have reviewed the email account several times and haven't found anything resembling an AOR (though we very recently got the Inland APR Eligibility Decision Letter). Does anyone know what's happening?
Same here, I received temporary file number and medical passed, but still no AOR,
Did you receive Eligibility decision letter?

ChesterR

Jan 30, 2023
Same here, I received temporary file number and medical passed, but still no AOR,
Did you receive Eligibility decision letter?
Yes, got it last week and the instructions for the police certificate. Still no AOR, but the eligibility letter said my wife can now apply for an open work permit. But after we completed it all, it directed us to a payment page, even though we had already paid for this when applying for PR back in November (it gave the option and asked if we wanted to apply for an OWP at that time). IRCC really need to get their stuff together...