+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

rohitrmehta

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Let me save you the trouble.. Updates from MPs are also usually the same as the tracker, the customer care or the GCMS notes. The only dent the MP can make is after the standard timeline of 18 months runs out.. Hope the work and complete your application before that. Just hang in there buddy, we're all in the same boat!
So I just got what seems like a ghost update. Up until now, my last update was on 14th April, which now just changed to 27th October. I also got 3rd AITP done and got the reply couple of days back. Hanging in there!

alisaket

May 9, 2017
I got a GU yesterday. Today I got an interview invitation in November. Does anybody know what this interview will be about?
I applied from US and also took the test from US.

Here is my timeline

1.Applied Jan 23 2023
2. AOR Feb 06 2023
3.Background completed March 15 2023
4.citizenship test completed March 31 2023
5. GU Update Oct 27 2023
6. Interview invitation: 28 Oct 2023

Reactions: adbcca

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got a GU yesterday. Today I got an interview invitation in November. Does anybody know what this interview will be about?

Here is my timeline

1.Applied Jan 23 2023
2. AOR Feb 06 2023
5. GU Update Oct 27 2023
How many days have you lived in Canada in the past 5 years or are you on track to be compliant with your RO as a PR depending on what apples to your situation. When you applied for citizenship how many days of residency did you have?

alisaket

May 9, 2017
My PR card expires in 2026 and I had 1110 days when I applied for my citizenship. So I think I should be ok requirement-wise.

The only thing is that I applied from US (23 days after I left Canada). Since the physical presence form of online application did not allow me to have a leave with no return date, I put the date of submission as my return date to Canada (while I was actually in US). This caused my presence days to be counted as 1112 days.
I enclosed an explanation letter and explained this in the letter.

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it's a software update rather than a ghost update ;)
my last GU was on June 07th and then now on Oct. 27.

For me only test is completed which was done in April 23, all others are still IN PROGRESS.

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019

Here is my timeline

1.Applied Jan 23 2023
2. AOR Feb 06 2023
5. GU Update Oct 27 2023
In the interview letter, they will let you know what it is about.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
It's really weird that folks who have applied in August got their oath completed already and there are many non-routine applicants waiting since early this year or even last year
I agree, and I question the definition of "routine", seems way too arbitrary

lazybrownie

Dec 1, 2022
Hello Everyone!

Sorry for the lack of updates, had a wedding in the family.
My wife is now officially a Canadian citizen! The Oath was on 25th, she opted for an E-Certificate. Wedding was a good distraction, we had stopped checking the tracker everyday, then suddenly we got the Oath invite!
The application was a Paper one, from Scarborough office. My signature contains all the relevant dates, OP please update the sheet. I hope many more have become Canadians since I've posted.

zohaib52

Apr 7, 2014
Hi,

I've got a question. My application includes me and my 4.5-year-old son. We're scheduled for a virtual ceremony on November 9, 2023, but here's the catch: we're currently overseas.

Now, we've received two separate emails, each with its own seat number - one for me and one for my son. My confusion is this: can I, as a parent, travel to Canada and represent both of us during the ceremony, or does my little one also need to make the journey to Canada and appear on the video ceremony?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me. Thanks a bunch!

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Hi,

I've got a question. My application includes me and my 4.5-year-old son. We're scheduled for a virtual ceremony on November 9, 2023, but here's the catch: we're currently overseas.

Now, we've received two separate emails, each with its own seat number - one for me and one for my son. My confusion is this: can I, as a parent, travel to Canada and represent both of us during the ceremony, or does my little one also need to make the journey to Canada and appear on the video ceremony?

To be honest, I don't know why are you asking this question here. I'd call IRCC right the way to find out. Even if someone gives you what seems like a definitive answer here, there's no guarantee until you hear from the source itself.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hi,

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1455&top=5

Ram045

Oct 26, 2023
Hi question to folks who gave teams interview (Vancouver office): I gave my teams interview yesterday. Usually how many days it took for you to see the LPP completed update after the interview?