+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Received GCMS notes today finally. Looks like the file has fallen through the cracks. Hasn’t been touched since the spring. Passed a lot of due dates. Knowledge, Language, residence, prohibition, oath.. all Not Started. Sydney and Scarborough. Not sure what we do next.
Ya mine is Vancouver-Sydney as well. I think general consensus is when you have Sydney, that means it's bad news. There has to be something catastrophic going on in that office like a zombie apocalypse or something.

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
So my spouse got her AoR in late January for her online application. Got a request for finger prints and a test invite - test was marked complete on 24th April and fingerprints received May 3rd. The last update on her file was May 9th with the fingerprints received. All statuses are in progress except the Citizenship test (complete) and Oath ceremony (not started). GCMS notes also showed the file has not been touched in 5 months.

Just wanted to see if other people are seeing similar timelines? I suspect the delay has to do with security clearances (my wife has a very common name) and have requested the security GCMS notes. Also planning to write my MP once it's been six months after her citizenship test - which will be in a few weeks.

Alex_K

Feb 2, 2017
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
Oath Ceremony: Oct 11
E-Certificate received: Oct 12

That's it people. My journey is finally complete. Thank you everyone for all the support.
And for those of you still waiting I wish you the best of luck.

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
So my spouse got her AoR in late January for her online application. Got a request for finger prints and a test invite - test was marked complete on 24th April and fingerprints received May 3rd. The last update on her file was May 9th with the fingerprints received. All statuses are in progress except the Citizenship test (complete) and Oath ceremony (not started). GCMS notes also showed the file has not been touched in 5 months.

Just wanted to see if other people are seeing similar timelines? I suspect the delay has to do with security clearances (my wife has a very common name) and have requested the security GCMS notes. Also planning to write my MP once it's been six months after her citizenship test - which will be in a few weeks.
My partner's test completed on May 26 and since then no movement

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hello All,

I know its not the appropriate thread but still posting as i could get a response in other relevant threads.

I have a question regarding applying online. We are a family of four ( spouse, two children). When i create a login and start my application, after i finish my application will there be an option at the end to start my spouse's application and then my children's application?

Appreciate responses from anyone who can help me understand and people who did family applications online.

Thank you!

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
We just received a request of a "Notice to Appear" for some sort of interview via Microsoft Teams next week. Does anyone know what that intails?

Thanks in advance

s_adnan88

Apr 13, 2023
What about the Oath still waiting??
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1327
Application: Single
Application sent: January 11, 2023
Delivered: January 13, 2023
AOR: February 27, 2023
In-process: March 2nd, 2023
GU 1: March 2, 2023 system update
BG Verify Completed: April 14
Citizenship Test Status Updated to In Progress: May 12h 2023
Invitation for Test: May 12th 2023 (Dates: May 18th to June 1st)
Test Completed: May 29th 2023
Test marked as Completed in tracker: May 29th 2023
GU 1: May 31st 2023 system update

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016

MP won't (can't) do anything because 6 months isn't outside of IRCC's processing timeline.

I've got zero updates since April and I think quite a few others are on the same boat.

Did your GCMS notes say Sydney or just Mississauga?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
MP won't (can't) do anything because 6 months isn't outside of IRCC's processing timeline.

I've got zero updates since April and I think quite a few others are on the same boat.

Did your GCMS notes say Sydney or just Mississauga?
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that MPs office's may enquire with the IRCC and sometimes that can lead to files to be unforgotten. My logic is that at some point (maybe a letter?) we were told that typically it will take 4-6 months from the citizenship test to the oath ceremony. I do realize that with a service standard of 12 months and average processing time of 17, the answer could be that it's still within normal processing time. But, I might as well play my soon to be voter card and have the weak satisfaction of doing something.

Primary office is Mississauga, secondary something like GTA central intake as I recall. No Sydney connection.

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Received GCMS notes today finally. Looks like the file has fallen through the cracks. Hasn’t been touched since the spring. Passed a lot of due dates. Knowledge, Language, residence, prohibition, oath.. all Not Started. Sydney and Scarborough. Not sure what we do next.
I guess there are a lot of silent sufferers, which may not be obvious when most posters have good news to share.