+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

rohitrmehta

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Where are you physically located?

As for LPP, it says not started in my GCMS notes as well, but "in progress" in the tracker - I guess one of them is lying.
I’m located in GTA and my office is CPC-Sydney. Same for me. In-progress on tracker, not started in GCmS

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
I received my certificate today and with that my journey comes to an end. I want to thank all of you for being so helpful. For those of you still waiting I’ll be sending you good thoughts. Special thanks to @rushi.gada for being so positive and keeping the track sheet updated for everyone. I’ll be checking in on you to see how your file is progressing. Best of luck to you all!

online application
VO: Niagara
AOR: January 31
BG: March 6th
Test: June 16
LPP: July 27
Certificate download email: Aug 19 (11:30 am)
Oath status:
in progress Aug 18 reflected on tracker on Aug 22nd
Oath Invite : Aug. 23 (3:07pm)
Oath: September 12th
Certificate: September 15th

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
I received my certificate today and with that my journey comes to an end. I want to thank all of you for being so helpful. For those of you still waiting I’ll be sending you good thoughts. Special thanks to @rushi.gada for being so positive and keeping the track sheet updated for everyone. I’ll be checking in on you to see how your file is progressing. Best of luck to you all!

online application
Oath status:
Thank you so much :)

Congratulations and wish you all the best ahead!

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Do you have the copy of your submitted application, if it's there you should not be worried!
Yes, I have the copy and I didn't miss adding. If I remember correct, the online form keeps flagging any missed information, so very unlikely to miss any imp info imo.

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019

online application
Oath status:
Hi, I have done my oath on august 15 but no certificate yet. am I missing something,
I have send the signed document right after my oath, Anyone in same situation as mine,
Please let me know, how to go about it.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hello all, I requested my AITP GCMS notes for my citizenship. Does anyone know what Location: e-Attributions mean?

AOR: January 2023
Background completed: Feb 2023
Test request: March 2023
Test completed: April 2023

There has been no update, whatsoever, since 14th April 2023. I had requested notes prior to this one as well. Last time it was, Location: e-Grants PE. It has now changed to e-Attributions. Prohibitions, Physical presence, Language skills all show up as not started. Please help! // @Dr. Walden
Hey bud, which page of the GCMS notes are you seeing this? I've ordered and received my GCMS notes a couple if times, so can help double check. Thanks!

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Fun update...I unexpectedly received my GCMS notes yesterday, which were dated August 18th, even though I didn't actually request them. It's quite funny, considering I just received another set dated August 14th a few days ago, and there doesn't seem to be any significant difference between the two. It's amusing how IRCC made this generous mistake. LOL!

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Fun update...I unexpectedly received my GCMS notes yesterday, which were dated August 18th, even though I didn't actually request them. It's quite funny, considering I just received another set dated August 14th a few days ago, and there doesn't seem to be any significant difference between the two. It's amusing how IRCC made this generous mistake. LOL!
they thought you might order one anyways so pre-empted - lol

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019

online application
Oath status:
Congrats.

Reactions: Di2882

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Hi, I have done my oath on august 15 but no certificate yet. am I missing something,
I have send the signed document right after my oath, Anyone in same situation as mine,
Please let me know, how to go about it.
Try emailing them at the same email where you sent your signed form. Attach your form again and explain how you have still not received it. Any chance you requested a paper certificate?

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
Try emailing them at the same email where you sent your signed form. Attach your form again and explain how you have still not received it. Any chance you requested a paper certificate?
I dont remember of that, I will Email them for sure

iBarjar

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I had my Oath of citizenship and ceremony on September 12 and received my certificate yesterday, September 14. I did not receive any notification for the certificate, but just logged in for the third time.

Points to note for those who haven't had their ceremony yet
1. Make sure your computer or phone has Zoom app installed at least a day prior. Test your camera and microphone before hand. Once joined the call, keep the video ON, but mic OFF. Tip: Facing the window will make it easier for the officials to verify your IDs.
2. Enter your seat number as your name. Nothing else. For family, enter all the seat numbers separated by comma.
3. The Zoom call doesn't start exactly at the time given, so don't panic. Just wait in the virtual lobby. (I guess we're all already used to waiting). We got a Zoom message about 15 minutes after the scheduled time, saying they are letting in groups of 20 people. We had 188 people on that day.
4. After a while one official comes online and gives basic introductions, do's & don'ts, etc.,
5. Next, another official creates break rooms for individuals or families. They verify your PR Card, and ID (DL in our case) and asks you to destroy your PR card in front of the camera. I didn't even get to use my PR card :(.
6. Then comes the long wait. After about 45 minutes, The Judge, came online. Thanked the IRCC staff for their wonderful job. Apparently they processed 300,000 applications in 2022-23. It used to be 75,000 before the pandemic. The Judge was very nice and cheerful. After our Oath in English, we were also asked to do that in French and we lip-synched.
7. You get a chance to take a picture with the Judge.
8. IMPORTANT: Follow the instructions for Steps to take AFTER the video oath ceremony. This involves signing of the Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship form. You can either print the page, sign, scan, and email it or scan your signature and insert it to the form. (you get instructions for this from IRCC)
I signed electronically since I had all our signatures as a JPG file.
9. While emailing, do not include anything other than this in the email Subject. “Oath form for [your file number], [your family name]”. If you do, you will get an automated message not really saying whether they accepted it or not. I did not get a confirmation when I emailed, so I emailed the forms again the next day. There was no acknowledgement.
10. Keep checking https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/ for your certificate even though it says it will show up after 2 business days :)

I'm leaving the CanadaVisa forum with my message# 101 (Isn't it cool?). The forum has lots helpful members, and it kept me sane while I dealt with the randomness and role-of-dice of the IRCC.

I wish the best to those still waiting for their citizenship, and I hope you get it as soon as possible.

Now, I'm going to deal with BLS India, which is on another level of incompetence, but it won't stress me out too much.

My entire timeline is in the signature.

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I had my Oath of citizenship and ceremony on September 12 and received my certificate yesterday, September 14. I did not receive any notification for the certificate, but just logged in for the third time.

Points to note for those who haven't had their ceremony yet
1. Make sure your computer or phone has Zoom app installed at least a day prior. Test your camera and microphone before hand. Once joined the call, keep the video ON, but mic OFF. Tip: Facing the window will make it easier for the officials to verify your IDs.
2. Enter your seat number as your name. Nothing else. For family, enter all the seat numbers separated by comma.
3. The Zoom call doesn't start exactly at the time given, so don't panic. Just wait in the virtual lobby. (I guess we're all already used to waiting). We got a Zoom message about 15 minutes after the scheduled time, saying they are letting in groups of 20 people. We had 188 people on that day.
4. After a while one official comes online and gives basic introductions, do's & don'ts, etc.,
5. Next, another official creates break rooms for individuals or families. They verify your PR Card, and ID (DL in our case) and asks you to destroy your PR card in front of the camera. I didn't even get to use my PR card :(.
6. Then comes the long wait. After about 45 minutes, The Judge, came online. Thanked the IRCC staff for their wonderful job. Apparently they processed 300,000 applications in 2022-23. It used to be 75,000 before the pandemic. The Judge was very nice and cheerful. After our Oath in English, we were also asked to do that in French and we lip-synched.
7. You get a chance to take a picture with the Judge.
8. IMPORTANT: Follow the instructions for Steps to take AFTER the video oath ceremony. This involves signing of the Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship form. You can either print the page, sign, scan, and email it or scan your signature and insert it to the form. (you get instructions for this from IRCC)
I signed electronically since I had all our signatures as a JPG file.
9. While emailing, do not include anything other than this in the email Subject. “Oath form for [your file number], [your family name]”. If you do, you will get an automated message not really saying whether they accepted it or not. I did not get a confirmation when I emailed, so I emailed the forms again the next day. There was no acknowledgement.
10. Keep checking https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/ for your certificate even though it says it will show up after 2 business days :)

I'm leaving the CanadaVisa forum with my message# 101 (Isn't it cool?). The forum has lots helpful members, and it kept me sane while I dealt with the randomness and role-of-dice of the IRCC.

I wish the best to those still waiting for their citizenship, and I hope you get it as soon as possible.

Now, I'm going to deal with BLS India, which is on another level of incompetence, but it won't stress me out too much.

My entire timeline is in the signature.
Point # 9 is different for some offices - need to follow the instructions in email. For me - it was OATH FORM - DATE of OATH - TIME - Application #

Reactions: iBarjar