+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

IG2020

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
My son’s application is still in progress.
If he is not a minor then the processing may follow different timeline than yours . Best way to understand the delay would be to follow up with IRCC and look for the GCMS .

In case he is a minor then it’s tied to your app and you will not see much progress till the last stage of your app on tracker. For example when my app tracker showed LPP complete is when my daughter’s app showed only a ghost update . However I did get instructions for ecert as separate emails for both of us.

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
If he is not a minor then the processing may follow different timeline than yours . Best way to understand the delay would be to follow up with IRCC and look for the GCMS .

In case he is a minor then it’s tied to your app and you will not see much progress till the last stage of your app on tracker. For example when my app tracker showed LPP complete is when my daughter’s app showed only a ghost update . However I did get instructions for ecert as separate emails for both of us.
@IG2020 : In my case, I applied for me and my son together. I already completed my oath, received e-certificate and my file is closed in tracker. But there is nothing about my son, no oath invite, no e-certificate instruction and even file is also still in progress since the date when we received AOR.

amarwah

May 13, 2017
Hello all,
My Oath invitation in tracker is 10th Aug., 2023. I haven't received the Oath invitation notice yet. Could someone advise how many days before the scheduled ceremony date is the notice expected to be available. Is it emailed or appears in Tracker?

Thanks

IG2020

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Hello all,
My Oath invitation in tracker is 10th Aug., 2023. I haven't received the Oath invitation notice yet. Could someone advise how many days before the scheduled ceremony date is the notice expected to be available. Is it emailed or appears in Tracker?

Thanks
Did u mean 10th Sep ? Its says on the tracker to contact them if you have not heard and only six days are left for your ceremony

IG2020

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
@IG2020 : In my case, I applied for me and my son together. I already completed my oath, received e-certificate and my file is closed in tracker. But there is nothing about my son, no oath invite, no e-certificate instruction and even file is also still in progress since the date when we received AOR.
Ok that is a shocker. you have to contact them to figure this one out webform and phone calls

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Ok that is a shocker. you have to contact them to figure this one out webform and phone calls
I completed my oath on August 10th. So its almost 20 days now. I already called them 4 times, sent emails, ordered GCMS notes but still same

IG2020

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
I completed my oath on August 10th. So its almost 20 days now. I already called them 4 times, sent emails, ordered GCMS notes but still same
Sorry to hear this . I got my oath invite today and a separate one for my daughter. So you should likely have received an invite for your son along with your oath on Aug 10. Did u get the GCMS notes ? I don’t think we have too much recourse aside from following up with them.

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear this . I got my oath invite today and a separate one for my daughter. So you should likely have received an invite for your son along with your oath on Aug 10. Did u get the GCMS notes ? I don’t think we have too much recourse aside from following up with them.
@IG2020 Hi, can you please help on how to order GCMS notes for minor ? I'm trying but unable to do so as it's asking some consent. my understanding is kids under 16 no need to sign any consent. please suggest.

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We lodged application on paper as family of 3, my 8-year-old son and two adults. LPP for my wife and myself was finalized on August 2, and all items on my son's application are all in progress. Hope to receive news on oath invitation soon :) By the way, the processing office is Fredericton.
ohh ok. thanks ffor info. I applied only fotr my Son in January. on march 2nd it was moved moved to in prgressl. All LPP status is in progress and after that no updates.

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What stage are you in ? I have seen others order GCMS to find out detailed report of what may be the hold up.
Hi, it showsin LPP in progress stage. can you please help on how to order GCMS notes for minor ? I'm trying but unable to do so as it's asking some consent. my understanding is kids under 16 no need to sign any consent. please suggest.