January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Jamoon13

Jan 12, 2023
Got GCMS notes for my partner, anyone knows what does the below mean:

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Due Date: 2023/08/08
Assigned By: EVXXXX
Assigned To: AFXXXX
I’m also seeing this on my notes that I received yesterday.

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Due Date: 2023/08/17
Assigned By: SO*****
Assigned To: DS*****

Not sure if you have this on yours, but I noticed that Entry/Exit summary section has been added too. This was never there before (i.e. in my previous notes).

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT

Not sure if you have this on yours, but I noticed that Entry/Exit summary section has been added too. This was never there before (i.e. in my previous notes).
@Jamoon13 : How long does it take to receive GCMS notes once you applied.

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
I know someone who also selected No to his minor attending the Oath ceremony. In his case, he got his daughters paper certificate delivered to his house same day his LPP turned green and subsequently got his Oath date about 1week or so later. This means you don’t need to worry about cutting your sons PR card.
Your sons application is linked to yours and even though he didn’t get the Oath invite, he will get his certificate most likely same time as you. If you are expecting an e-certificate, after downloading yours, try downloading his too. I’ve read of people whose minors cert was available for download 24hrs after theirs

About the tracker updates, minors tracker see lil update, BG stays as In Progress for minors below 14/15. I also have a minor, the only update I got for her is Prohibitions complete, everything else is either in progress or not started.
Although I selected Yes to Oath for my daughter and she also got an invite.
@Banana woman : I am stuck with minor application. I completed my oath and downloaded my e-certificate too. But nothing for minor yet. Its been almost 15 days since I completed my oath and more that a week since I downloaded my ecertificate. No oath invite, no certificate for minor.

Last edited:

CABA

Jan 14, 2016

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT

Yes, I do have the Entry/Exit Summary section at the very bottom but there are no notes in that section yet! What stage are you stuck at and since when?

canada@2018

Star Member
May 7, 2017
How long does it take to get the citizen e-certificate be available for download? My wife had oath ceremony yesterday and she mentioned about our upcoming travel plans during September long. The person who was verifying her documents noted that down. Do we need to send our booking details?

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Banana woman : I am stuck with minor application. I completed my oath and downloaded my e-certificate too. But nothing for minor yet. Its been almost 15 days since I completed my oath and more that a week since I downloaded my ecertificate. No oath invite, no certificate for minor.
Hi @hiren1334 - When you applied for your child application ? I applied in janjuary and last update on his file was done on March 2nd. After that I don't see any updates. LPP is in progress since then.

Which step your kid file is on right now ? please confirm

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hi @hiren1334 - When you applied for your child application ? I applied in janjuary and last update on his file was done on March 2nd. After that I don't see any updates. LPP is in progress since then.

Which step your kid file is on right now ? please confirm
I applied for me and my son together as family via paper application in February-23. I received AOR for both of us in March-23. My application is closed now but my son’s application still shows in progress.

markito89

Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for sharing! Did they update you by email about the interview? Is the interview over phone or Zoom?
Yes, I just received the email today, mine is in person, perhaps because I live close to the office (Surrey, BC), they have required me to take all original docs with me (docs necessary to apply fro citizenship) as well as translated copies of passports' pages. Your case might be different tho.

Reactions: IG2020