+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

rohitrmehta

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Hi all, I filled out my application and AOR was in Jan 2023, completed BG in Feb, Test in March. My last update was a test completed in April and since then it has been radio silence. I ordered GCMS notes in June and found out that Language, Physical presence, and Prohibitions were still not started. Location was eGrants - PE which @Dr. Walden said was mostly documents pending. I filled for GCMS notes again a couple of days back, but is this unusual? No update in 5 months!? Should I contact IRCC?

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Hi all, I filled out my application and AOR was in Jan 2023, completed BG in Feb, Test in March. My last update was a test completed in April and since then it has been radio silence. I ordered GCMS notes in June and found out that Language, Physical presence, and Prohibitions were still not started. Location was eGrants - PE which @Dr. Walden said was mostly documents pending. I filled for GCMS notes again a couple of days back, but is this unusual? No update in 5 months!? Should I contact IRCC?
Which office are you with?
Honestly you can try contacting them but all they are going to tell you is that your application is still within the 18 month mark. They have everything they need from you and to keep an eye on your email and tracker. I know this because this is the reply they give to everyone no matter what you call them about. If you haven’t contacted your MP yet maybe you should. They won’t be able to actually move the file for you but it will force an agent to look at your file and I like to think that it makes a difference. That’s what happened with me. They looked into my file and a week later I had my test invite sent to me. But again could just be a coincidence.

rohitrmehta

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Which office are you with?
Honestly you can try contacting them but all they are going to tell you is that your application is still within the 18 month mark. They have everything they need from you and to keep an eye on your email and tracker. I know this because this is the reply they give to everyone no matter what you call them about. If you haven’t contacted your MP yet maybe you should. They won’t be able to actually move the file for you but it will force an agent to look at your file and I like to think that it makes a difference. That’s what happened with me. They looked into my file and a week later I had my test invite sent to me. But again could just be a coincidence.
That is Interesting!! My file is with CPC-Sydney and got test email from Scarborough. Would it be possible to share the template of the email you wrote to the MP?

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Just wonder do you all provided copy of all pages of passport and translate non English stamp when applied or only the bio page , I only provided the bio , and wondering if that has any thing to do with my application went to security clearance for now over four month , I though only required bio pages not the stamp

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
That is Interesting!! My file is with CPC-Sydney and got test email from Scarborough. Would it be possible to share the template of the email you wrote to the MP?
I basically just said
Dear XXXX

my reason for reaching out todays is….I explained why I was concerned that my file was taking longer than others in my situation, I explained my need to travel soon in details and that even though it didn’t fall under their idea of urgent, that it was to me. I explained my file should be as simple as they get and explained why.
They got back to me within a couple of hours saying they would look into it. A couple of days later they came back with your file is being handled by… basically things I already knew but a week later I had my test invite. Again it could just be a coincidence but doesn’t hurt to try.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Please guys any of you get BG update us , mine started in April first , you guys , your security screening started in March , so you absolutely will get it first ,

I did saw cases security started in January and they got it cleared in July. I saw who started in Feb still waiting ,

yes some cases took longer but most likely those are 2022 cases

Might be csis working fast this year , as IRCC this year

I just requested another csis notes , not sure that will do any thing , as the request goes to csis and it might trigger open the file
All that wait is backlog not the search it self , so hoping it gets clear for all of us January 2023 applicants , no longer than middle or end of next month
I believe everyone has a separate timeline when it comes to CSIS check. You may get your security step cleared before me. I'll update if it changes on my end.

Reactions: GoodnewsToday

duster

Aug 13, 2011
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
March 22/2019
AOR Received.
May 8/ 2019
Med's Request
Sep 10/2019
Med's Done....
Sep 24/2019
Hello dear friends,
I hope this post finds you well. As some of you may know, I'm in the process of applying for Canadian citizenship, and I could really use your advice and insights on a few matters. Your experiences and wisdom mean a lot to me!
  1. Timing of Submission: I'm at the stage where I'm contemplating submitting my citizenship application, and I've noticed that I have 1097 days of physical presence in Canada. However, I'm wondering if it might be beneficial to wait a bit longer to accumulate more buffer days before I submit. Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Employment Situation: Recently, I've faced a layoff and I'm currently on Employment Insurance (EI). The good news is that I'm actively searching for new job opportunities and I'm optimistic about finding a position soon. My concern is whether my current EI status could impact my citizenship application. If anyone has insights or experiences in this regard, I'd love to hear from you.
  3. Application Mode: When it comes to submitting the application, I'm debating between the paper and online modes. Both seem to have their merits, and I'm a bit torn. If you have any advice based on your own experiences, I'd be grateful to hear your thoughts.
  4. Required Documentation: Assembling the necessary documents for the application is a bit daunting. Should I include copies of my current and previous passports, as well as work permits? Additionally, I'm considering adding travel tickets to prove my entry and exit from Canada. Your guidance on this matter would be incredibly helpful.
I value your insights and appreciate any advice you can provide. Thank you all for being part of this wonderful community and for sharing your experiences.
Let's continue to support and uplift each other on this journey.

Warm regards,

OSHammat

Mar 24, 2023
I’m sure it’s just around the corner for all of us. I say by tomorrow we hear something (hoping before but definitely by tomorrow)
Hello! I just checked my email, and found that the oath invitation was received an hour ago from NGF ☺ Oath date is September 13th at 8:15 AM. It will be a virtual Zoom meeting.

Reactions: Sam2305

OSHammat

Mar 24, 2023
Just wonder do you all provided copy of all pages of passport and translate non English stamp when applied or only the bio page , I only provided the bio , and wondering if that has any thing to do with my application went to security clearance for now over four month , I though only required bio pages not the stamp
You’re right, only the bio page was required, and that’s what I also did, however, I was asked late June to provide full pages of my passport, so I took it to a certified transportation office, got all non-English stamps (mostly in Arabic) translated, and sent it back through email, 2 days later my LPP got completed.

PERIJO

Jan 14, 2023
Update:
Email with instructions to download e-certificare: 19th August 2023
Online Oath ceremony scheduled for Sept 13th (received Email 5 mins ago)
Niagara falls
Good luck guys. All the best to everyone

Reactions: OSHammat