Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
any folks who are from Edmonton. Just wondering what is the status.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hi Everyone !

I just checked right now.......late in the night (16th Aug has begun).........I've got an update today (15th Aug) for the schedule for my Citizenship Oath at the end of this month (Aug 28th). Happy to share this news with all of you :) Thank you everyone for your support :)

Looks like Montreal office has started working once again :p
Not sure if ceremony is going to be virtual or physically done...........when are the official notice/instructions email usually received?

@rushi.gada Thanks a lot man for your support and positivity........I checked the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GZjxBlTxM-FC5b0riTWQetmW0DsPX7Bgt5QQ9HTbP7I/edit#gid=1316748968) .........Thanks for updating it........but please update it once again :)
Done, bud! and many congratulations again :)

• Love
Reactions: shikharpandey

markito89

Jul 23, 2018
Just received a ghost update on my application, how common is to get one before getting LPP completed?
So I was impatient and called IRCC, after a few tries could get a hold of them. He told me it's because you requested GCMS notes .. which yes I did few days prior to the ghost update. But this was my second GCMS notes request, when requested the first time I didn't get any ghost updates .. so he told me everything is in progress, check for updates or communication .. i'm a bit confused

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
So I was impatient and called IRCC, after a few tries could get a hold of them. He told me it's because you requested GCMS notes .. which yes I did few days prior to the ghost update. But this was my second GCMS notes request, when requested the first time I didn't get any ghost updates .. so he told me everything is in progress, check for updates or communication .. i'm a bit confused
The phone support might not always give the most accurate info, so it's usually better to rely on the GCMS notes. As far as I know, getting GCMS notes shouldn't trigger a GU. It might just mean someone looked at your file. Generally, GU's are positive indicators, so keep your spirits up. Hopefully, you'll get an update soon!

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Your timeline looks very similar to mine and is likely handled by the same office as well. At least you got a passport request and ghost update. Mine got nothing since April 7....

qubs

Nov 2, 2018
By land, in a private car, you should be fine with COPR and passport. Never had any issues. Emphasis on private car you or friend driving.

This is because Greyhound or whatever other transportation company (by land or air) would want to see proof you can enter Canada before boarding vs you just directly showing the border agent.

I did this in the early days before my pr card came in the mail. E certificate would be a bonus but not essential
Thank you !!! it's a private car with a friend driving so that's good to hear !

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
So my wife got an email today with instructions to how to get e certificate download. No word on oath date either on the tracker or as an invite.

So this is good news I am assuming, as something is happening . Any one else who got the download email before the actual oath invite or update on tracker?
yes it's very common to get the instructions to download email before the oath invite, should get the update on tracker very soon

glenn9090

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2014
Doc's Request.
19/11/2014
Nomination.....
08/10/2014
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
14/11/2014
Med's Request
14/01/2015
Med's Done....
31/01/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
I am from Edmonton.

Whats your status. I completed my test on May 25 and tracker updated on 5 june.. nothing after that. Just curious. Are they even working/?

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Hey @Di2882 just curious did you get any update? I still don't see anything new at my end.
Hello @amitaquarius , unfortunately my file has not moved at all, not even a GU to play with emotions lol. I’m not sure if you follow the Niagara page. They have a tracker there and I tried to make sense of it but nope still no logic to how it works. I also heard from an agent that even though everything is complete on our track it doesn’t mean that a decision has been made. Another officer has to review the file again.

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
So my wife got an email today with instructions to how to get e certificate download. No word on oath date either on the tracker or as an invite.

So this is good news I am assuming, as something is happening . Any one else who got the download email before the actual oath invite or update on tracker?
That’s great news! If I remember correctly your spouse had dates close to mine. (I’m just going to ignore that it was after mine lol)

• Love
Reactions: IG2020