+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

iammoe

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Thanks for the Update.. I am planning to call them today, What number did you use to Call? Can you please share? Ours is also Mississauga.
I called them again today. The agent said she sent a message to the office letting them know I am waiting for the letter in email.
I called at +1 (888) 242-2100

tomdele

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
My daughter and I applied together and she had a series of communications with the IRCC about her test that was marked No Show. We both went to IRCC office and they admitted their errors and apologized. The test was Green next day. Yesterday she got this emai but nothing is showing on the tracker:

Hello,
This is email is in response to your enquiry of the status of your application.

Your application has been granted. Please monitor your email for a Citizenship Ceremony invitation.

Kind regards,
IRCC Official MB
IRCC Surrey

When do we expected LLP to turn Green on the tracker?

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hello Guys, I am sharing my experience regarding minor oath invitation and ceremony attendance.
I applied for me and my son (minor-12years) together as family via paper application. I received my oath invitation email last week on 3rd Aug and oath was scheduled for 10th Aug (Today). I did not received oath invitation for my son with me and I assumed that he doesn't need to receive oath invitation because I mentioned in application form that he will not attend ceremony. Today morning, I have attended my oath ceremony. During registration process, once my registration/verification/PR card cutting was done, I asked IRCC official about my son's registration/verification. She checked in to system and tried to confirm with clerk but she did not get response. After that she said my son is not scheduled for oath with me so she can not register him and I can not cut his PR card but she will try to get response from clerk during ceremony and will let me know if there is some confusion. But ceremony was over and she did not get back to me. Now its my headache to get my son's ceremony done. I am not sure if anyone had same experience before but is weird that minor did not receive oath invitation with parent. Just a heads up guys, if you come across same issue, please act in advance before your oath and confirm with IRCC about minor's missing invitation.
Hello Guys, I just spoke with IRCC office (+1 888-242-2100) regarding my case. She checked application of my son and told me that, because my son in minor (12 years), he will not receive citizenship oath invitation. I will receive his certificate with mine in mail. I also asked her about what to do with PR card and she said I will receive detailed instruction with certificate. Waiting for certificate. Hope I will receive certificate for my son as well as she said.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My daughter and I applied together and she had a series of communications with the IRCC about her test that was marked No Show. We both went to IRCC office and they admitted their errors and apologized. The test was Green next day. Yesterday she got this emai but nothing is showing on the tracker:

Hello,
This is email is in response to your enquiry of the status of your application.

Your application has been granted. Please monitor your email for a Citizenship Ceremony invitation.

Kind regards,
IRCC Official MB
IRCC Surrey

When do we expected LLP to turn Green on the tracker?
When such direct communication happens from IRCC office the tracker status goes for a toss. You have to rely on email update to get the oath date and details for the same.

Reactions: Cpwr and Di2882

shikharpandey

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Congratulations!!

Congratulations!! Which office are you with?
Thank you :)
I believe my office is Montreal (based on Test email) although I didn't receive any email from them upon LPP completion yesterday.........may be we get one only upon update regarding Oath Ceremony.

asagar

Aug 10, 2023
I called them again today. The agent said she sent a message to the office letting them know I am waiting for the letter in email.
I called at +1 (888) 242-2100
Hey Thanks for sharing the contact details, I called them and they gave the same answer... that she sent a message to the office letting them know I am waiting for the letter in the email and I should wait till the 15th (2 Business Days from today). However, while I was still on call with them, I received the Invitation letter for all 3 of us. It's a Virtual ceremony. I hope you will receive yours any time soon, maybe today itself. So Just hang tight.

We have not received the email to download the e-certificate yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: iammoe

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Having issues getting my e-certificate.

Seems that my representative doesn’t understand how to access it through his portal. (It’s connected to his email because that is the one in my application). He was on holiday the weekend after my ceremony, no biggie, it takes a few days to get anyway. But it’s been 10 days now and I’ve emailed him the instruction letter sent to me as well as step by step instruction on how to get it to me. But I haven’t heard from him since Wednesday, it’s Friday today. I’m very irritated because I’m basically doing the job I paid him to do, and I’m hoping there’s not an issue with my certificate.

Just wanted to complain.

• Wow
Reactions: Di2882

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019

Seems that my representative doesn’t understand how to access it through his portal. (It’s connected to his email because that is the one in my application). He was on holiday the weekend after my ceremony, no biggie, it takes a few days to get anyway. But it’s been 10 days now and I’ve emailed him the instruction letter sent to me as well as step by step instruction on how to get it to me. But I haven’t heard from him since Wednesday, it’s Friday today. I’m very irritated because I’m basically doing the job I paid him to do, and I’m hoping there’s not an issue with my certificate.

Just wanted to complain.
It’s pretty easy to download, I hope he does his job soon. So you can confirm your name, UCI and other info at the back of the cert is accurate.

Reactions: Americanwife94

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018

Just wanted to complain.
Oh no! And here I thought you were off travelling the world with your new Canadian passport.
Have you tried calling him from a different phone number?

Reactions: Americanwife94

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Oh no! And here I thought you were off travelling the world with your new Canadian passport.
Have you tried calling him from a different phone number?
He had answered my emails and said he had monitored his email while away. I think he’s under the impression it will be sent directly to him which is why I sent back the instructions and a step by step :p
I just spoke to an agent that said it should be available today at the latest so he sent me a link to create a portal account (I don’t have one or an invite code so I couldn’t make one) so I can try to download it myself.

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Hello All finally received my citizenship certificate today. so my journey to become a Canadian citizen is finally over, starting from when i arrived as a PR just before covid around Dec 2019. These 3.8 years have been very eventful for me. Canada has given me a lot, i will forever be grateful to it. Had purchased my own house last year and this year getting my citizenship done was icing on the cake. Admin please update the tracker.

Thanks everyone for all your help, this forum has been extremely useful for me especially in getting updates and how to go about the entire process.

Last edited:

dejected

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Hello All finally received my citizenship certificate today. so my journey to become a Canadian citizen is finally over, starting from when i arrived as a PR just before covid around Dec 2019. These 3.8 years have been very eventful for me. Canada has given me a lot, i will forever be grateful to it. Had purchased my own house last year and this year getting my citizenship done was icing on the cake. Admin please update the tracker.

Thanks everyone for all your help, this forum has been extremely useful for me especially in getting updates and how to go about the entire process.
I can sense the happiness and joy in your words.
Congratulations.