Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
3-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2018
Hello Guys, I am sharing my experience regarding minor oath invitation and ceremony attendance.
I applied for me and my son (minor-12years) together as family via paper application. I received my oath invitation email last week on 3rd Aug and oath was scheduled for 10th Aug (Today). I did not received oath invitation for my son with me and I assumed that he doesn't need to receive oath invitation because I mentioned in application form that he will not attend ceremony. Today morning, I have attended my oath ceremony. During registration process, once my registration/verification/PR card cutting was done, I asked IRCC official about my son's registration/verification. She checked in to system and tried to confirm with clerk but she did not get response. After that she said my son is not scheduled for oath with me so she can not register him and I can not cut his PR card but she will try to get response from clerk during ceremony and will let me know if there is some confusion. But ceremony was over and she did not get back to me. Now its my headache to get my son's ceremony done. I am not sure if anyone had same experience before but is weird that minor did not receive oath invitation with parent. Just a heads up guys, if you come across same issue, please act in advance before your oath and confirm with IRCC about minor's missing invitation.
From the email that we got for oath:

"A person aged fourteen (14) or older who is granted Canadian citizenship must take the Oath of Citizenship to become a Canadian citizen. Children under 14 years of age are welcome but not required to take the oath. A minor child must be accompanied by the parent/guardian who submitted/signed the application on their behalf."

My son was present and the agent verified both his PR card and his provincial health card and asked to cut his PR. After that the clerk said that it was not necessary for him to stay for the oath but that's optional.
I believe that they want to make sure that your child is physically present in Canada for the oath. You can send an email to IRCC to inquire for next steps for your child.

PandaOnCloud

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Hello Guys, I am sharing my experience regarding minor oath invitation and ceremony attendance.
I applied for me and my son (minor-12years) together as family via paper application. I received my oath invitation email last week on 3rd Aug and oath was scheduled for 10th Aug (Today). I did not received oath invitation for my son with me and I assumed that he doesn't need to receive oath invitation because I mentioned in application form that he will not attend ceremony. Today morning, I have attended my oath ceremony. During registration process, once my registration/verification/PR card cutting was done, I asked IRCC official about my son's registration/verification. She checked in to system and tried to confirm with clerk but she did not get response. After that she said my son is not scheduled for oath with me so she can not register him and I can not cut his PR card but she will try to get response from clerk during ceremony and will let me know if there is some confusion. But ceremony was over and she did not get back to me. Now its my headache to get my son's ceremony done. I am not sure if anyone had same experience before but is weird that minor did not receive oath invitation with parent. Just a heads up guys, if you come across same issue, please act in advance before your oath and confirm with IRCC about minor's missing invitation.
Really appreciate for the heads-up, since my 8-year-old son is included in family application as well. By the way, could you kindly advise your son's online tracker status progress? The LPPs for my wife and myself have been marked as completed so far, but all items for my son are all in progress at this moment. Wonder if this also applies to your son? Has his status only been updated once your application is finalized? Thanks.

asagar

Aug 10, 2023
its on next Friday :/.

Are there occurrences where people didn't get the letter? what did you guys do?
Hey What did you do? Ours is also on 18th Aug, We also haven't received any Invitation Email yet, Only Tracker is updated last Friday ie. 4th Aug. Please keep me Posted.

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Really appreciate for the heads-up, since my 8-year-old son is included in family application as well. By the way, could you kindly advise your son's online tracker status progress? The LPPs for my wife and myself have been marked as completed so far, but all items for my son are all in progress at this moment. Wonder if this also applies to your son? Has his status only been updated once your application is finalized? Thanks.
Application status for my son still shows in progress for BG and LPP. Test and citizenship ceremony still shows as ‘Not started’

Reactions: PandaOnCloud

IG2020

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
congrats on your citizenship completion Hope your kids process gets completed soon

thanks for sharing and including advice . I too have an application with my eight year old currently in LPP pending state .

iammoe

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hey What did you do? Ours is also on 18th Aug, We also haven't received any Invitation Email yet, Only Tracker is updated last Friday ie. 4th Aug. Please keep me Posted.
Hey, no email as of yet.

I called IRCC and the agent told the ceremony hasn't yet been planned and is still in the stage of finalizing. So i am assuming we should get sometime this week/or early next week. She also mentioned to call back IRCC if no email comes by Wednesday. I would also suggest you to email ur test office (Mississauga for me), send webforms and call IRCC.

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
I know someone who also selected No to his minor attending the Oath ceremony. In his case, he got his daughters paper certificate delivered to his house same day his LPP turned green and subsequently got his Oath date about 1week or so later. This means you don’t need to worry about cutting your sons PR card.
Your sons application is linked to yours and even though he didn’t get the Oath invite, he will get his certificate most likely same time as you. If you are expecting an e-certificate, after downloading yours, try downloading his too. I’ve read of people whose minors cert was available for download 24hrs after theirs

About the tracker updates, minors tracker see lil update, BG stays as In Progress for minors below 14/15. I also have a minor, the only update I got for her is Prohibitions complete, everything else is either in progress or not started.
Although I selected Yes to Oath for my daughter and she also got an invite.

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
I know someone who also selected No to his minor attending the Oath ceremony. In his case, he got his daughters paper certificate delivered to his house same day his LPP turned green and subsequently got his Oath date about 1week or so later. This means you don’t need to worry about cutting your sons PR card.
Your sons application is linked to yours and even though he didn’t get the Oath invite, he will get his certificate most likely same time as you. If you are expecting an e-certificate, after downloading yours, try downloading his too. I’ve read of people whose minors cert was available for download 24hrs after theirs

About the tracker updates, minors tracker see lil update, BG stays as In Progress for minors below 14/15. I also have a minor, the only update I got for her is Prohibitions complete, everything else is either in progress or not started.
Although I selected Yes to Oath for my daughter and she also got an invite.
@Banana woman : Hello, thanks for giving me some hope. Today I tried to contact IRCC after my oath in the morning, but no luck. I hope i will get my son’s certificate with mine.

Reactions: Banana woman

shikharpandey

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hi Everyone !

Happy to share with all of you............my LPP got completed today. I checked the tracker today and it was GREEN :).........although date was that of 8th Aug but tracker showed today :) :)
Although Ceremony still on 'not started' but really really happy with LPP getting done after exactly 4 months of Test.........do share how long does it take to ceremony to start and be completed :)

@rushi.gada Thanks mate for your support......do update the excel sheet if you can (looks like there is no entry of mine over there)

atagoy

Aug 10, 2023
Hello, from an update today at Niagara office forum, an applicant with AOR 17-January & LPP Completed 18-July has received his Oath invite today (tracker update), so I’d expect that you will receive yours by next week maximum if not tomorrow or Saturday! Please keep us posted as my dates are so close to yours.
Thank you for the update. I will keep you posted if I receive it. Hopefully we will get it soon!

Reactions: OSHammat

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Congratulations!!
Hi Everyone !

Happy to share with all of you............my LPP got completed today. I checked the tracker today and it was GREEN :).........although date was that of 8th Aug but tracker showed today :) :)
Although Ceremony still on 'not started' but really really happy with LPP getting done after exactly 4 months of Test.........do share how long does it take to ceremony to start and be completed :)

@rushi.gada Thanks mate for your support......do update the excel sheet if you can (looks like there is no entry of mine over there)
Congratulations!! Which office are you with?

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Thank you for the update. I will keep you posted if I receive it. Hopefully we will get it soon!
When was your LPP completed? I’m with the Niagara office as well and mine turned green on the 27th and still waiting for an oath.

asagar

Aug 10, 2023
Hey, no email as of yet.

I called IRCC and the agent told the ceremony hasn't yet been planned and is still in the stage of finalizing. So i am assuming we should get sometime this week/or early next week. She also mentioned to call back IRCC if no email comes by Wednesday. I would also suggest you to email ur test office (Mississauga for me), send webforms and call IRCC.
Thanks for the Update.. I am planning to call them today, What number did you use to Call? Can you please share? Ours is also Mississauga.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hey, no email as of yet.

Can you please share your timeline and LPP completion date?

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Hi, My LPP was updated as complete today in the tracker. However, I did not receive any eMail. Do we get any email about decision made? or I will receive directly the Oath eMail?