+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
I am confused with the processing time. Anyone has any insights on what is going on with my application?

App Filed: January 03, 2023
AOR: January 19, 2023
FP request: March 22, 2023
FP received: April 11, 2023
BG Completed: April 12, 2023
Citizenship Test Request: May 29, 2023
Citizenship Test Complete: Jun 8, 2023
LPP Completed: Jul 21, 2023
***Portal Updated July 25, 2023***
However there is no update at all made on this day on my application
Citizenship Ceremony - Not Started

When should I expect my OATH? I have a International Trip booked from September 28- October 15
Should I contact IRCC or wait longer?

Thank you for helping
Where's your processing office?

Also you are lucky there's progress, look at my signature....

Reactions: atagoy

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Hey there! No, nothing yet, and honestly, I haven't even looked at the tracker since the last 3 days. Trying to change my habits here and not check the tracker everyday.
that's courageous and probably the right thing to do! I know one of my friend never made an account to the tracker, it took him 8 months end to end but he had a peace of mind - acted only when received emails for Test and Oath!

Reactions: rushi.gada

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Hey there! No, nothing yet, and honestly, I haven't even looked at the tracker since the last 3 days. Trying to change my habits here and not check the tracker everyday.
I’m sorry to hear that but you are absolutely smart to only check in every few days. I want to start checking once a week because at this point it’s becoming an obsession lol.

Reactions: rushi.gada

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
Atip from IRCC doesn’t show info about security but ATIP from cbsa shows the start date and who irrc request security from , mine CSIs and will show progress or any updates I requested one in June and got it requested another one in august to see the security update will take 30 days
You can also request if you see yours saying CSIs , you can request csis , I did , passed 40 days , didn’t recieve it yet , CSIs send it by mail not email so it take extra mailing time

as I see CSIs has backlog. So the six month most of it in queue for process

some one I saw in another thread requested urgent process for his citizenship applicationhe has a qualified reason job required citizenship and his security clearance which was in hold for long , got proceeded in two weeks

so we are in queue to be processed from csis , and no one can do any thing 6 months

even emailing IRCC wouldn’t do anything unless we have qualified reason for urgent process , looks like they can expedite CSIs
I was trying to understand this. So security clearance takes time and what about criminal check? Do they need FP too?
i am just curious coz of my case

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
I was going through ATIP from IRCC and find out the date security clearance started showing in my ATIP cbsa is the exact date of the sub activities under criminality in ATIP IRCC , so security clearance sub activities which actual date it starts is the same as criminality clearance subactivities , but ATIP IRCC hide the security clearance subactivities date but shows the criminality subactivities date , if you want know when your security clearance exact start date before you get the cbsa note
so does criminality take less time than security?

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
so does criminality take less time than security?
Every case is different , for me yes criminality took a week after submitting finger print but security it is been four month not cleared it , but as I said every case is different other cases both cleared at the same time , some cases even not requested finger print and cleared both at the same time

rashi1101

Dec 4, 2019
Every case is different , for me yes criminality took a week after submitting finger print but security it is been four month not cleared it , but as I said every case is different other cases both cleared at the same time , some cases even not requested finger print and cleared both at the same time
I am thinking is it possible to just to the local police and give fingerprints without the ircc letter?

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
I am thinking is it possible to just to the local police and give fingerprints without the ircc letter?
As I said not every case required finger print only the one who got email requested finger print and even the police office wouldn’t do it for you unless you have the email

OSHammat

Mar 24, 2023
I am in London ON, but some how my application is being processed with Niagara Office.
Hello, from an update today at Niagara office forum, an applicant with AOR 17-January & LPP Completed 18-July has received his Oath invite today (tracker update), so I’d expect that you will receive yours by next week maximum if not tomorrow or Saturday! Please keep us posted as my dates are so close to yours.

Reactions: atagoy

ferstvi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hey everyone! Quick question, since our PR cards become invalid after the citizenship, do we need to inform anyone about the change in status? Like Provincial health care? I know the SIN # doesn't change.

Last edited:

markito89

Jul 23, 2018
Hey everyone! Quick question, since our PR cards become invalid after the citizenship, do we need to inform anyone about the change in status? Like Provincial health care? I know the SIN # doesn't change.
Nope you're good (having them cut in four pieces while the IRCC's agent's watching you is a firm enough statement :))

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Hi, quick question, can I attend citizenship ceremony while being outside Canada? I have many travel plans starting September and that pending application is bugging me mentally

hiren1334

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Hello Guys, I am sharing my experience regarding minor oath invitation and ceremony attendance.
I applied for me and my son (minor-12years) together as family via paper application. I received my oath invitation email last week on 3rd Aug and oath was scheduled for 10th Aug (Today). I did not received oath invitation for my son with me and I assumed that he doesn't need to receive oath invitation because I mentioned in application form that he will not attend ceremony. Today morning, I have attended my oath ceremony. During registration process, once my registration/verification/PR card cutting was done, I asked IRCC official about my son's registration/verification. She checked in to system and tried to confirm with clerk but she did not get response. After that she said my son is not scheduled for oath with me so she can not register him and I can not cut his PR card but she will try to get response from clerk during ceremony and will let me know if there is some confusion. But ceremony was over and she did not get back to me. Now its my headache to get my son's ceremony done. I am not sure if anyone had same experience before but is weird that minor did not receive oath invitation with parent. Just a heads up guys, if you come across same issue, please act in advance before your oath and confirm with IRCC about minor's missing invitation.

atish

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
3-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2018
Hi, quick question, can I attend citizenship ceremony while being outside Canada? I have many travel plans starting September and that pending application is bugging me mentally
Answer is no.

Inside Canada: By participating in this video oath ceremony, you confirm that you, and any family members associated to your application, will be taking the Oath of citizenship in Canada. If you are not currently in Canada, contact us as soon as possible in order for us to reschedule your ceremony. Indicate “Outside Canada – Oath of citizenship” in the subject line of the email. Within the text of your email, include your name, application number and planned date of return to Canada.

Reactions: Keyjoe23