+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hey Dr. Walden, Congratulations. Seeing that you are already a Canadian citizen, my heart leapt for joy. I am very proud of you. You finally crossed the finish line. The delay was never a denial, and you conducted yourself excellently while you were waiting. I wish you good luck in everything you do. Congratulations once more!
Thank you @li-kowa I really appreciate your support and thoughts!

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
My LPP turned complete today. Finally an update after April.

What is the next step now?

Office: Scarborough and Sydney NS

AOR: 25-Jan2023,

Fingerprints requested: 23-Mar-2023

Scheduled for citizenship test: Mar-31-2023

Tracker Test Completed: 17 Apr 2023

Tracker Fingerprint Completed: 17-Apr-2023

Tracker BG Completed 18-Apr-2023

Tracker LPP Completed 8-Aug-2023
Congratulations! Your oath should be activated soon if not already. You're almost through :)

Reactions: alinee13484

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
I feel that the applications are subject to officers now.

If you are lucky, you would get someone who finishes your application within 5 months.

If you are not, you may get someone who's on sick day most of the time.

There is no other explanation to me when I see people who applied after me are getting Oath whereas I'm stuck and ghosted. Same for those who applied last year and so on.

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023

If you are lucky, you would get someone who finishes your application within 5 months.

There is no other explanation to me when I see people who applied after me are getting Oath whereas I'm stuck and ghosted. Same for those who applied last year and so on.
Unless it is stuck for security clearance like my applications , no other option than I have to wait for the six month security clearance to see any movement , mine started end of March , has to wait to end of September, I am still checking my tracker daily although I know from previous threads who ever stuck in background check , didn’t see it cleared unless six month passed from the day bG started , but the good thing once security get cleared , LPP for those and Oath moved fast in less than a month , so hopefully sometimes in October will be done , I wish can see any movement this month or next month , but I am not sure why security clearance takes six month or even longer ,

RESCUE EAGLE

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
Unless it is stuck for security clearance like my applications , no other option than I have to wait for the six month security clearance to see any movement , mine started end of March , has to wait to end of September, I am still checking my tracker daily although I know from previous threads who ever stuck in background check , didn’t see it cleared unless six month passed from the day bG started , but the good thing once security get cleared , LPP for those and Oath moved fast in less than a month , so hopefully sometimes in October will be done , I wish can see any movement this month or next month , but I am not sure why security clearance takes six month or even longer ,
Sorry to hear about the security clearance delay I just want to confirm from you , do u mean , you sent them ur finger print and since ur BG shoes processing since then , how did u know it takes 6 months
And can u put ur time li e plz

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019

Parental leaves are long.

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Sorry to hear about the security clearance delay I just want to confirm from you , do u mean , you sent them ur finger print and since ur BG shoes processing since then , how did u know it takes 6 months
And can u put ur time li e plz
BG is both criminality and security , if BG not showing completed in the tracker within a week from submitting Finger print that mean security will take longer , I requested CBSA notes which shows the date started crimaility and the date it is cleared and the date security started which end of March and still in progress , I learned security takes 6-8 month from other threads June 2022 and July 2022 , their security started some of them in January and cleared June 2023 ,
Not every one stuck in security only if background check not completed in Tracker for long even after passing the test and shows test completed and submitting finger prints and showing received

Last edited:
Reactions: RESCUE EAGLE

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
I'm not sure what you mean, I saw in the other timesheets that some people had their BG check completed way past 6 months of the start.

My BG has been in progress since Feb.
Got FP Request in May and the criminality has passed on the 19th of June but no idea when security started.

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
I'm not sure what you mean, I saw in the other timesheets that some people had their BG check completed way past 6 months of the start.

My BG has been in progress since Feb.
Got FP Request in May and the criminality has passed on the 19th of June but no idea when security started.
BG is two thing criminality which get cleared once they recieved your finger print and security which for some get cleared at the same time but for other IRCC request clearance from CSIS and that take 6-8 months from CSIS to send the result to IRCC
You will see that if your order CBSA notes
You will see crimility start date and the date they requested FP and date result sent to IRCC and they cleared it
You will see when security clearance start and when CSIS recieved the request to run the security cleaner and will show in process security clearance CSIS

I looked at other threads , applications from 2021 who stuck in security , got cleared within more than six month , but applications from 2022 ,for who ever stuck in security , security got cleared within six months , most of people on those thread say between 6-8 months so hoping for six months

Reactions: adbcca

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
BG is two thing criminality which get cleared once they recieved your finger print and security which for some get cleared at the same time but for other IRCC request clearance from CSIS and that take 6-8 months from CSIS to send the result to IRCC
You will see that if your order CBSA notes
You will see crimility start date and the date they requested FP and date result sent to IRCC and they cleared it
You will see when security clearance start and when CSIS recieved the request to run the security cleaner and will show in process security clearance CSIS

I looked at other threads , applications from 2021 who stuck in security , got cleared within more than six month , but applications from 2022 ,for who ever stuck in security , security got cleared within six months , most of people on those thread say between 6-8 months so hoping for six months
Oh so 6-8 months from the start date that I can see in the CBSA notes. I already requested mine last week, will wait till I get it.

the ATIP notes shows nothing next to security, just blank line.

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Oh so 6-8 months from the start date that I can see in the CBSA notes. I already requested mine last week, will wait till I get it.

the ATIP notes shows nothing next to security, just blank line.
Atip from IRCC doesn’t show info about security but ATIP from cbsa shows the start date and who irrc request security from , mine CSIs and will show progress or any updates I requested one in June and got it requested another one in august to see the security update will take 30 days
You can also request if you see yours saying CSIs , you can request csis , I did , passed 40 days , didn’t recieve it yet , CSIs send it by mail not email so it take extra mailing time

as I see CSIs has backlog. So the six month most of it in queue for process

some one I saw in another thread requested urgent process for his citizenship applicationhe has a qualified reason job required citizenship and his security clearance which was in hold for long , got proceeded in two weeks

so we are in queue to be processed from csis , and no one can do any thing 6 months

even emailing IRCC wouldn’t do anything unless we have qualified reason for urgent process , looks like they can expedite CSIs

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Atip from IRCC doesn’t show info about security but ATIP from cbsa shows the start date and who irrc request security from , mine CSIs and will show progress or any updates I requested one in June and got it requested another one in august to see the security update will take 30 days
You can also request if you see yours saying CSIs , you can request csis , I did , passed 40 days , didn’t recieve it yet , CSIs send it by mail not email so it take extra mailing time

as I see CSIs has backlog. So the six month most of it in queue for process

some one I saw in another thread requested urgent process for his citizenship applicationhe has a qualified reason job required citizenship and his security clearance which was in hold for long , got proceeded in two weeks

so we are in queue to be processed from csis , and no one can do any thing 6 months

even emailing IRCC wouldn’t do anything unless we have qualified reason for urgent process , looks like they can expedite CSIs
So If I have a job offer in USA, I can use urgent case to be able to apply for TN Visa as a Canadian citizen?

• Haha
Reactions: Cpwr

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
So If I have a job offer in USA, I can use urgent case to be able to apply for TN Visa as a Canadian citizen?
No. Nothing stops you from moving and coming back just for your oath. You can ask for e-certificate and apply for Canada pp once you're back stateside