+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
All just could see an update today on my citizenship tracker. i have been invited to take the oath on 10th August. However i do not see any email yet from them. Is this something common
Yeah buddy! Call them if you don’t get the email 6 days before but I have my oath on the 1st and just got my email yesterday so I bet it’s coming soon!

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Based on current trends and recent posts, it seems like people, especially in the GTA, who completed their citizenship tests in mid-to-late March are getting their LPPs completed right now. If this holds true then someone like me who completed the test a month later in end of April should be getting LPP completed in a month (or less) from now. Let’s see!

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
So happy for everyone who got their oath invites this week and LPPs marked as completed! It's great to hear success stories and definitely keeps everyone else who are still in the process very hopeful. I wish you all the very best and don't forget to post your picture from the oath ceremony if possible .. God bless!

P@ssw0rd1

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honestly, not sure what took them that long to clear you for the oath! But, hey, it is happening! One more "step" and you are done with it! Cheers, buddy! Cork up that ice wine!
Thank you sir.

I am waiting for this moment since May 29th. I'm not sure why it took so long for surrey office to schedule my oath. Party to night!!!

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
It's wild how processing time is so different for the Surrey office. Some cases took like almost 2 years, while your case was only like half a year.

P@ssw0rd1

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's wild how processing time is so different for the Surrey office. Some cases took like almost 2 years, while your case was only like half a year.
Agree with you sir. I believe in time and I am happy it got processed in 6 months. BG check to oath it took 3 and half months.

Surrey office is quiet slow when it comes to scheduling oath. I have seen people from this office waited for 8-9 months just for oath.

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hi Dr. Walden

My GCMS notes say:

When the GCMS notes were generated, Jun 22, 2023, my LPP Was not completed, but since then my LPP has been marked as complete as of June 23, 2023.

But its been over a month and I have not received an oath invitation. Any idea why? Any indication on the GCMS notes where it specifies any particular cohort (group) i am assigned to that take the oath together?
Hi there @sarvesh90!

From the GCMS notes you shared it looks like your application was ready for LPP review (on June 22). As it says "PM01" it is assigned to the "lowest"officer who usually works wish simple, routine, non-complicated cases and application. I do not believe that ordering GCMS notes can do anything like expedite the processing, or like a gently nudge to the processing officers. However, I have seen way too many coincidences, and experienced this kind of coincidence myself. So, I can't say it with complete confidence, but maybe your GCMS notes nudged them in the right direction, and they cleared you (LPP) on June 23. Right the next day. So, based on your LPP clearance, you can consider June 22 GCMS notes outdated. I would go ahead and assume if you order your GCMS notes right now they would say "Location: E-grant Oath ready". I would not bother ordering new GCMS notes. However, if you don't get oath email in the next 2 weeks, I would gently send an email to your primary processing office.

Reactions: rushi.gada