+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

sandy1977

Star Member
May 31, 2013
I live in Dubai and My wife lives in Canada with my daughter. My wife and daughter got canadian citizenship. I am in process of applying their passports.
My question is regarding my daughter Canadian passport Application
" Do both Parent needs to sign the application" or only mother can sign the application
Please advice

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Do they MAIL or email the CBSA notes , I ordered it on June 21 so expecting soon within 30 days

I did got the IRCC notes within three weeks by email

I also did ordered the CSIS notes June 28 , expecting it also within 30 days but was told since when I request it , I login as guest didn’t creat account , I will be getting it by MAIL

so did any one got CBSA notes. Was it emailed or mailed to home address

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
Do they MAIL or email the CBSA notes , I ordered it on June 21 so expecting soon within 30 days

I did got the IRCC notes within three weeks by email

I also did ordered the CSIS notes June 28 , expecting it also within 30 days but was told since when I request it , I login as guest didn’t creat account , I will be getting it by MAIL

so did any one got CBSA notes. Was it emailed or mailed to home address
All notes send via email

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
All notes send via email
IRCC got by email

but I ask CSIS about my report they said since I didn’t creat account which to connect to my citizenship applicant , I choose to order without account without connecting to my application ( guest) , I I’ll recieve it by mail , Iwill email them tomorrow to see if I can change the delivery method

Good that CBSA sent email that will shorten the delivery time

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
IRCC got by email

but I ask CSIS about my report they said since I didn’t creat account which to connect to my citizenship applicant , I choose to order without account without connecting to my application ( guest) , I I’ll recieve it by mail , Iwill email them tomorrow to see if I can change the delivery method

May I know when was your AOR?

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
IRCC got by email

AOR Feb 21 . Test completed , waiting for BG , criminality done , stuck in security CSIS which according to previous threads from
Previous months , June 2022 and July 2022 who was stuck in security from January 2023 and December 2022 , are cleared now and getting Oath , so after going through all those threads , I sopped checking my tracker daily. Not expecting any change , it looks like once it goes to CSIS for me end of March , it will take 6-7 month , not sure why it depends on what ? , but that is the minimum, could be processing in batch ,

Reactions: Cpwr

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
@Dr. Walden -
Hey, I ordered my GCMS notes yesterday. I'm wondering how I should go about reading them once they arrive? The GCMS notes I received from my Permanent Residency (PR) application were quite extensive, spanning over 130 pages.

waqasnawaz

Jul 23, 2014
I received my GCMS notes a couple of days back. Unfortunately, none of the assessments have yet started.

ASSESSMENTS

Knowledge: Not Started
Language: Not Started
Residence: Not Started
Intent to Reside:
Parentage:
Adoption:
Armed Forces:
Prohibition: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Waiver:
Misrepresentation:
Hearing:
Final:
Oath: Not Started
CIT Effective Date:
Discretionary Grant: N

Knowing that the application has not moved a millimetre even after about 6 months is extremely distressing. My primary office is Ottawa and secondary office is Sydney. The only three entries in my notes are as follows:

NOTES

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2023/05/27
Updated Date: 2023/05/27
Restricted: N
Label: General
Text: NAME AS PER PR
Office: CPC Sydney

NOTES: 2
Created Date: 2023/03/16
Updated Date: 2023/03/16
Text: No AKA's found

NOTES: 3
Text: Absences are off due to the old PPC.

Appreciate if someone could help in deciphering it for me. Thanks!

• Wow
Reactions: rushi.gada

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
@Dr. Walden -
Hey, I ordered my GCMS notes yesterday. I'm wondering how I should go about reading them once they arrive? The GCMS notes I received from my Permanent Residency (PR) application were quite extensive, spanning over 130 pages.
Hey Rushi! Looks like GCMS notes come back quickly these days, usually withing 12-15 days. 130 pages is quite a lot and extensive. Could be due to a family type application. As a single applicant, mine were like 30-40 pages only. Yeah, most of the notes are coded and ciphered. However, you will definitely see the exact status of the application under "Location" usually page 3 or 4 or 5. It should say if you application is Review Ready or Test Ready, or Ceremony ready. In your case, I think, it should say "Review Ready" and then indicate what PM it was assigned to. PM01, PM02 or PM03. These are all different rant officers. If it is PM01 then it is the lowest rank officer, which may indicate that your application is straightforward. If it is PM03 then it might mean that the application will be slowed down by some additional checks. Alos, at the last pages, at "Notes" it might have some insightful specific to your application information.

Hope you get your notes soon! But most importantly, hope you get "discission made" even sooner!

• Love
Reactions: rushi.gada

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
I received my GCMS notes a couple of days back. Unfortunately, none of the assessments have yet started.

ASSESSMENTS

Intent to Reside:
Parentage:
Adoption:
Armed Forces:
Waiver:
Misrepresentation:
Hearing:
Final:
CIT Effective Date:

Knowing that the application has not moved a millimetre even after about 6 months is extremely distressing. My primary office is Ottawa and secondary office is Sydney. The only three entries in my notes are as follows:

NOTES

This is terrible. You are not alone, most people get their application stuck somewhere during the process and they end up waiting months whereas some would get AOR to Oath schedule in 4-5 months.

Unfortunately if you try to reach out to CIC by phone all the can say is the current process time is about 2 years so be patient.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020

ASSESSMENTS

Intent to Reside:
Parentage:
Adoption:
Armed Forces:
Waiver:
Misrepresentation:
Hearing:
Final:
CIT Effective Date:

NOTES

Looks like they gonna request fingerprints or PCC from you according to last line in GCMS notes .

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
I thought that my spouse's online application started this January would take around the same time as my paper application in November. However, she got a fingerprint request and it took a month for them to acknowledge receipt of the fingerprints and then it's been radio silence for over two months and her background check isn't even done. In the meantime, I will be getting my passport tomorrow... Ah IRCC - you give with one hand and take away with the other :p

Reshaping my spouse's status as it's not up to date in the tracker:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1095
Application: Single
Application sent: 18th Jan 2023
Delivered: 18th Jan 2023
AOR: 31st Jan 2023
Finger prints requested: Mar 28th 2023 (email received after follow up and submitted on 7th April 2023)
Citizenship test in progress: April 11th 2023 (updated on April 13th 2023)
Test window: April 17th 2023 - May 7th 2023
Test taken: 24th April 2023 (Passed - 19/20)
Test complete: 24th April 2023 (Updated 26th April 2023)
Finger prints received: May 3rd 2023 (Update on 9th May)

heetm

Jul 17, 2023
Hey everyone. I got my LPP done on June 16th and still no Oath invite. It is with Mississauga office. Any idea how long the wait is?