+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Given the fact that my application is stuck somehow, I was wondering what would happen if I decide to take a job in USA and leave Canada while my application is in progress.

Can I return for Oath or that action would affect my application completely? I guess it shouldn't.. But I see many people afraid to travel outside during their application process

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
That is so frustrating to see people that applied in later months already at oath stages while some of us are stuck at the test complete stage.
Yeah I did not take him 3 months lol. He did the test 3 weeks ago and got his update yesterday that LPP is completed July 11. Citizenship Ceremony not started though.

Not urgent application

neil25990

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney , NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-10-2014
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Passport Req..
03-06-15
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-15
LANDED..........
18-06-15
the portal is messed up today. Upcoming maintenance for 2 days. Try it on Monday or Tuesday.
Thanks for the info! I opted for e certificate and hence looking to get portal sorted

ferstvi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Happy Friday everyone! My heart skipped a beat now when I checked my Inbox. It was MTL office response to my ceremony invitation inquiry. It was in French, but as I don't speak French I had to use Google translate, but it says: Please note that you will receive your notice of meeting a few days before the day of your citizenship ceremony. I love the fact that they got back to me, and it wasn't an automated message.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Given the fact that my application is stuck somehow, I was wondering what would happen if I decide to take a job in USA and leave Canada while my application is in progress.

Can I return for Oath or that action would affect my application completely? I guess it shouldn't.. But I see many people afraid to travel outside during their application process
A wild idea if you haven't considered this already, but IRCC could process your application on an urgent basis if you have a Job offer that needs you to be a Canadian citizen. It might be worth exploring .. you never know.

atish

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
3-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2018
Happy Friday everyone! My heart skipped a beat now when I checked my Inbox. It was MTL office response to my ceremony invitation inquiry. It was in French, but as I don't speak French I had to use Google translate, but it says: Please note that you will receive your notice of meeting a few days before the day of your citizenship ceremony. I love the fact that they got back to me, and it wasn't an automated message.
Can you please share MTL email address?

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
My friend who applied late April got his LPP completed 11 July. Montreal Office.
I feel, every year there are a few months, where applications gets processed really fast. It's not fair, but it's also not uncommon to see. I remember many cases of quick Oaths in May of 2022 .. many got their Oaths in 99 days from AOR

• Wow
Reactions: Nikiied28

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
It's been 60 days since I took my test, and while it may seem like a long time, it's still within the 4-6 month commitment period for the oath. Sometimes, the more I think about it, the longer it feels. Perhaps it's best not to dwell on it and hope that one day everything will be marked as completed, and I'll receive the golden email for the oath. Let's stay hopeful friends, and not worry too much! Have a wonderful weekend.

Last edited: