+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

SszZTkmZ

Star Member
Aug 29, 2021
This forum experts said in posts that ordering GCMS notes multiple times delays processing. This was even mentioned by an MP office when someone complained to their MP. Many people are worried that their applications have not moved or have not moved like others. This is a process and you need to calm down. Don't keep calling and emailing IRCC. Half the time they tell wrong information. Wait for 1 year anniversary at least to complain.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
This forum experts said in posts that ordering GCMS notes multiple times delays processing. This was even mentioned by an MP office when someone complained to their MP. Many people are worried that their applications have not moved or have not moved like others. This is a process and you need to calm down. Don't keep calling and emailing IRCC. Half the time they tell wrong information. Wait for 1 year anniversary at least to complain.
That's a myth and the particular MP was using it to shoo away any applicants to contact them. I agree to the part where it's a waste of time. But when you are hopelessly waiting this gives you a ray of hope.

Reactions: Cpwr

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
No complaining! IRCC does its thing and godspeed with them! Hope to see any insightful information after submitting my passport scanned copies. I am totally aware that it doesn't speed up or delay the application. It is $5 per request. So why the heck no?

Reactions: rushi.gada

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
No complaining! IRCC does its thing and godspeed with them! Hope to see any insightful information after submitting my passport scanned copies. I am totally aware that it doesn't speed up or delay the application. It is $5 per request. So why the heck no?
Did you get email to submit your scanned copy of all passport pages or you doing it yourself , I didn’t submit mine with the paper application. Kind of forgot or didn’t know it is required just included the bio page but never got request to submit them , I wonder if that has any thing to do with delaying my security clearance , criminality got completed few days after they received my FP result from RCMP but security blank in my GCMS notes which I recieved today , just requested now both the cSBA Ans CSIS not sure they will have any details information about security

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Did you get email to submit your scanned copy of all passport pages or you doing it yourself , I didn’t submit mine with the paper application. Kind of forgot or didn’t know it is required just included the bio page but never got request to submit them , I wonder if that has any thing to do with delaying my security clearance , criminality got completed few days after they received my FP result from RCMP but security blank in my GCMS notes which I recieved today , just requested now both the cSBA Ans CSIS not sure they will have any details information about security
Yeah. Received an email from local Vancouver office to submit scanned copies of all my passport(s), all pages. No FP though.

markito89

Jul 23, 2018
Yeah. Received an email from local Vancouver office to submit scanned copies of all my passport(s), all pages. No FP though.
I suggest you add this to the notes column in the sheet, I was also asked for mine by Surrey office, sent the copies on the same day and no updates since then.

Reactions: Dr. Walden

li-kowa

Star Member
Jun 19, 2018
Ok, Guys, I am done with my entire process. The latest updates were,
19th June: Oath ceremony
21st June: Certificate of citizenship mailed out by the Vancouver office, as confirmed by an officer from there in an email to me.
22nd June: My application was closed.
27th June, I received the Certificate in the mail.
This is me officially signing out of updates as mine is concluded.
But I want to say that my heart goes to everyone that we started this journey together but are not yet at the finish line. @dr Walden readily comes to mind. We wrote the examination in the same window, same office (Vancouver) but no movement yet on his part. I know of others too. But I want to tell you that no matter how delayed you are, you will be a citizen, and those of us who crossed this line today will be there to watch and applaud you as you enter the Canadian citizenship space in a grand style. Please do not lose hope; continue to hold on; it will happen for you sooner rather than later.
I thank you all for being my companion on this journey. @shiremag, thank you for the continuous update and knowledge. All those who shared their knowledge and expertise, thank you. It was helpful. All admins who worked relentlessly to ensure updates were posted, Thank you. I can continue to mention IDs, but I want to say you have been like family, and I will cherish this Citizenship journey because I had you as my companions and friends.
Thank you. I will be checking and posting one or two experiences I have heard or know, so I am not completely gone, just no more updates.
Thanks, guys, see you all around.

eee

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to apply citizenship for my self and my child (11 years old).
can i apply online or paper ? which one is better/faster now ?

Please suggest...

• Angry
Reactions: SszZTkmZ

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
21st June: Certificate of citizenship mailed out by the Vancouver office, as confirmed by an officer from there in an email to me.
But I want to say that my heart goes to everyone that we started this journey together but are not yet at the finish line. @dr Walden readily comes to mind. We wrote the examination in the same window, same office (Vancouver) but no movement yet on his part. I know of others too. But I want to tell you that no matter how delayed you are, you will be a citizen, and those of us who crossed this line today will be there to watch and applaud you as you enter the Canadian citizenship space in a grand style. Please do not lose hope; continue to hold on; it will happen for you sooner rather than later.
I thank you all for being my companion on this journey. @shiremag, thank you for the continuous update and knowledge. All those who shared their knowledge and expertise, thank you. It was helpful. All admins who worked relentlessly to ensure updates were posted, Thank you. I can continue to mention IDs, but I want to say you have been like family, and I will cherish this Citizenship journey because I had you as my companions and friends.
Thank you. I will be checking and posting one or two experiences I have heard or know, so I am not completely gone, just no more updates.
Many congratulations and good luck ahead

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hi admin
Please update my status to LPP 20 June.

What does the next column 'Decision Made date ecas estimate' mean?
Congratulations.. I’m guessing it refers to the ECAS tracker .. overall, the next significant update for you will be when your citizenship oath gets activated. Hang in there, you’re almost there

Reactions: vivo

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Congratulations and thank you for your optimism and well wishes. We will see you on the other side of this journey as Canadians :)