+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Fully appreciate the effort and thank you for sharing this. But I've learned it all comes down to your processing office (Vancouver is likely 1.5/2x faster than Scarborough, for example). The second element that's important is how long an application stays in queue at RC-8090 (Sydney) for LPP to be processed, which is obviously not FIFO. Offices like Scarborough and Niagara crawl on their fours and skew these averages...a lot.

It's one reason why I've suggested adding the category of primary processing office on the spreadsheet (and not simply the location of the candidate, which actually may have little bearing, plus it's hard to tell if an applicant from "Toronto" is being processed at Scarborough or Mississauga, for example). I'm not sure who the spreadsheets gods are; I hope they're listening. @shiremag
I made major edits to the spreadsheets earlier in 2022 with the help of the original admin to get the columns to conform with the information provided in the citizenship tracker. It was a lot of work to get all of the sorting scripts working...

I concur that adding two more columns "Primary Office" and "Secondary Office" is a good for tracking purposes. However, it's going to take work. More importantly, these two columns are going to be sparsely filled in because the Primary and Secondary office information is not directly available in the tracker. One will have to call in or order GCMS notes to find out. It's the sparseness of the columns that I am concerned about because it would lead to too little information. If lot of people want it, please add a comment in the spreadsheet using the comment feature and let's how the original admin feels.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Thanks for your efforts, which do not go unappreciated.

I hear you on those fields being sparsely populated but I think it'd be good to make a change now for it to help down the line. People can fairly safely assume their primary office is where they received their test invite from, and the longer the processing draws out the more likely people are to call IRCC for an update.
I made major edits to the spreadsheets earlier in 2022 with the help of the original admin to get the columns to conform with the information provided in the citizenship tracker. It was a lot of work to get all of the sorting scripts working...

I concur that adding two more columns "Primary Office" and "Secondary Office" is a good for tracking purposes. However, it's going to take work. More importantly, these two columns are going to be sparsely filled in because the Primary and Secondary office information is not directly available in the tracker. One will have to call in or order GCMS notes to find out. It's the sparseness of the columns that I am concerned about because it would lead to too little information. If lot of people want it, please add a comment in the spreadsheet using the comment feature and let's how the original admin feels.

Nikiied28

Star Member
Apr 15, 2023
Is there anyone from Montréal who applied online and was scheduled for oath or is not stuck at test? :(
Also admin please add me to the spreadsheet asI don't see my info on ther. Thanks!

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019

Appreciate the explanation. Could we do something like replace "location" with "Processing office (if known)" or similar in the interim?

Reactions: IG2020 and derkdsou

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Is there anyone from Montréal who applied online and was scheduled for oath or is not stuck at test? :(
Also admin please add me to the spreadsheet asI don't see my info on ther. Thanks!
To me it seems Montreal office is always quick until it comes to after test updates. Then everything becomes very slow and ghosted.

Reactions: Nikiied28

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
right, 50 days since LPP completed. No Oath Letter, nothing... it might take up to 4 months after LPP.
Been in BG check since Feb.
My friend whose application was received 3 weeks ago already had his BG check completed and scheduled for test next week.
Same office.

• Wow
Reactions: ferstvi

Nikiied28

Star Member
Apr 15, 2023
Been in BG check since Feb.
My friend whose application was received 3 weeks ago already had his BG check completed and scheduled for test next week.
Same office.
Ugh brutal. I know there's no reason to compare but it's weird that they don't process BG checks from older applicants first.
I would love to know what kind of system they go basd off because it makes no sense

Reactions: Cpwr

atish

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
3-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2018
Hello team. Just to understand, after LPP completed, is it safe to assume that DM has been made or do we get an email to confirm that please?

Reactions: rushi.gada