+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
I was very excited looking at the January spreadsheet and thought the processing was really doing well in the beginning.
Now I don't really know Feb spreadsheet is heading ahead sometimes leaving the Jan apps :(
Not only Feb , even March and some April now ahead of us

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
I love the optimism and don't mean to rain on the party...but, I've went on a little wander to look at SCR applications going back to October. There's a buzz of activity starting to happen for October and November folks, so I believe we're looking at a 5ish month gap between test completion and LPP for SCR these days. I know it's hard to swallow and we need to tell ourselves that LPP is just around the corner to keep up spirits.
Tbh Citizenship applications normally take around a year to complete anyway, so if it takes 8-9 months then that's still a good turn around. We've just been spoiled with the recent 4-5 month applications. We need to re-adjust our expectations to more realistic standards.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
I was simply stating facts. Since there is no one "realistic" "standard" (when it comes to IRCC), I tend to steer clear of moralistic statements or truisms. Yes, everyone can always be more patient, more aligned with "reality" (isn't reality just perception anyway?), but people will be drawn to comparing their application speed to another even when they know not to. And so it is.
Tbh Citizenship applications normally take around a year to complete anyway, so if it takes 8-9 months then that's still a good turn around. We've just been spoiled with the recent 4-5 month applications. We need to re-adjust our expectations to more realistic standards.

atish

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
3-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2018
checked tracker today and LPP completed since 06/22. Any idea when to expect oath please?

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
I was simply stating facts. Since there is no one "realistic" "standard" (when it comes to IRCC), I tend to steer clear of moralistic statements or truisms. Yes, everyone can always be more patient, more aligned with "reality" (isn't reality just perception anyway?), but people will be drawn to comparing their application speed to another even when they know not to. And so it is.
Okay that's cool then. You can come on here everyday and complain instead.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Fully appreciate the effort and thank you for sharing this. But I've learned it all comes down to your processing office (Vancouver is likely 1.5/2x faster than Scarborough, for example). The second element that's important is how long an application stays in queue at RC-8090 (Sydney) for LPP to be processed, which is obviously not FIFO. Offices like Scarborough and Niagara crawl on their fours and skew these averages...a lot.

It's one reason why I've suggested adding the category of primary processing office on the spreadsheet (and not simply the location of the candidate, which actually may have little bearing, plus it's hard to tell if an applicant from "Toronto" is being processed at Scarborough or Mississauga, for example). I'm not sure who the spreadsheets gods are; I hope they're listening. @shiremag
Niagara represent!

I do agree. Seems like the office processing your application plays a major role in how quickly your application is completed.

In the meantime, I found that someone has compiled a spreadsheet for the Niagara office, as well-- no doubt there are others out there. Granted, this is all voluntarily contributed data, and not a true representation of all applicants.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
That's so clutch! I don't know of one for SCR. Someone who has access should make one!
Niagara represent!

I do agree. Seems like the office processing your application plays a major role in how quickly your application is completed.

In the meantime, I found that someone has compiled a spreadsheet for the Niagara office, as well-- no doubt there are others out there. Granted, this is all voluntarily contributed data, and not a true representation of all applicants.

Alex_K

Feb 2, 2017
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
Med's Done....
25-01-2018
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1575
Application: Family
Application submitted: JAN 24, 2023
AOR: FEB 7, 2023
In Progress: FEB 9, 2023
Ghost Update: MAR 2, 2023
Ghost Update 2: MAR 24, 2023
Background Check Complete: MAR 25, 2023
Test Status: In Progress (June 27, 2023)
Test Window: June 30 - July 20

dejected

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
I agree ☝

Reactions: ferstvi

IG2020

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Spouse online application was updated today as pending test. Window is till Jul 20. Waiting for the email invite.