I called IRCC and the reply i got are the following:

Update from IRCC – June 26 2023:
  • Your application is very recent
  • Processing timeframe of up to 19 months
  • Security – passed
  • Criminality – passed
  • Prohibition – not started
  • Residency – not started
  • Your file is a non-routine file which means that the 19 months processing no longer applies; the agent was not at liberty to tell me why your application is non-routine.
When I check the IRCC website what constitute a non-routine application:
We consider your application non-routine if:
  • you asked to change your personal information, such as:
    • name
    • sex or gender identifier
    • date of birth
  • you missed a:
    • test
    • interview
    • hearing
  • we need you to submit extra documents, like:
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents
  • we asked you to come to another interview or hearing after you attended your interview
We also consider your citizenship application non-routine if you:
None of this applies to me when I submitted my application, I was 57 yrs old. There was no request to submit extra documents as well.

Has anyone have the same situation with their application stuck in abeyance with no update at all?

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
I called IRCC and the reply i got are the following:

Update from IRCC – June 26 2023:
  • Your application is very recent
  • Processing timeframe of up to 19 months
  • Security – passed
  • Criminality – passed
  • Prohibition – not started
  • Residency – not started
  • Your file is a non-routine file which means that the 19 months processing no longer applies; the agent was not at liberty to tell me why your application is non-routine.
When I check the IRCC website what constitute a non-routine application:
We consider your application non-routine if:
  • you asked to change your personal information, such as:
    • name
    • sex or gender identifier
    • date of birth
  • you missed a:
    • test
    • interview
    • hearing
  • we need you to submit extra documents, like:
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents
  • we asked you to come to another interview or hearing after you attended your interview
We also consider your citizenship application non-routine if you:
None of this applies to me when I submitted my application, I was 57 yrs old. There was no request to submit extra documents as well.

Has anyone have the same situation with their application stuck in abeyance with no update at all?
Hi, since you’re not required a language test to become a citizen, it may hence be deemed as non routine, just a guess.

Don’t be too alarmed with IRCC replies, they usually copy paste the same replies to everyone. if they need anything specific, they will reach out to you.

Hang in there and we’ll sail through this bureaucracy together

Reactions: Scorpiof9

markito89

Jul 23, 2018
Sharing these based on 143 most recent data points from myimmitracker, It should give you an idea how long you're probably gonna wait from Test to Oath invite:

PercentileDays (Test to Oath Invite)
10%49
20%69
30%84
40%91
50%104
60%115
70%132
80%155
90%194

What does this mean: The percentile column refers to % of applicants who got their oath invite within the corresponding days. e.g 50% of applicants got their oath invite within 104 days after taking their test.

Reactions: balaca and Kayne

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Fully appreciate the effort and thank you for sharing this. But I've learned it all comes down to your processing office (Vancouver is likely 1.5/2x faster than Scarborough, for example). The second element that's important is how long an application stays in queue at RC-8090 (Sydney) for LPP to be processed, which is obviously not FIFO. Offices like Scarborough and Niagara crawl on their fours and skew these averages...a lot.

It's one reason why I've suggested adding the category of primary processing office on the spreadsheet (and not simply the location of the candidate, which actually may have little bearing, plus it's hard to tell if an applicant from "Toronto" is being processed at Scarborough or Mississauga, for example). I'm not sure who the spreadsheets gods are; I hope they're listening. @shiremag
Sharing these based on 143 most recent data points from myimmitracker, It should give you an idea how long you're probably gonna wait from Test to Oath invite:

PercentileDays (Test to Oath Invite)
10%49
20%69
30%84
40%91
50%104
60%115
70%132
80%155
90%194

What does this mean: The percentile column refers to % of applicants who got their oath invite within the corresponding days. e.g 50% of applicants got their oath invite within 104 days after taking their test.

vancouver-pl

Nov 4, 2022
How do we know which office is processing the application?
Is LPP processed by Sydney only?

Fully appreciate the effort and thank you for sharing this. But I've learned it all comes down to your processing office (Vancouver is likely 1.5/2x faster than Scarborough, for example). The second element that's important is how long an application stays in queue at RC-8090 (Sydney) for LPP to be processed, which is obviously not FIFO. Offices like Scarborough and Niagara crawl on their fours and skew these averages...a lot.

It's one reason why I've suggested adding the category of primary processing office on the spreadsheet (and not simply the location of the candidate, which actually may have little bearing, plus it's hard to tell if an applicant from "Toronto" is being processed at Scarborough or Mississauga, for example). I'm not sure who the spreadsheets gods are; I hope they're listening. @shiremag

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
I guess the most annoying part is seeing people getting their applications finalized quickly within 4-5 months and yet others are stuck in 1 step for more than 6 months. I won't be greedy, for sure if I was on the first team I would be happy and would ignore every post in this forum lol.

But for real, CIC needs to be clear about the timelines and stop saying (The current processing time is 19 months) when people can get their applications finalized within 5 months.

I wish they can at least provide details why an application/step is taking too long. To me, it's nothing but laziness of employees and I hate saying this.

Toronto91

Feb 13, 2023
Hello everyone!

Sharing this information from my call with the immigration call centre agent. We are in for a LONG WAIT!!! But hey, let’s stay positive. My application was one of the fastest when the processing started and guess I jinxed it.

Primary Office: Scarborough SCR

No update since April 07 after my Test was updated. I was assisted by an amazing agent who accessed my file and explained everything in detail.

“File is open (in progress), knowledge assessment passed, background clearance passed, Language- NOT STARTED, Residency- NOT STARTED, Prohibition- in progress. No additional documents required.

It is a little upsetting as things were going so smooth, but hey, all we got to do is stay positive and hope for the best. It will be some time.
Below is my timeline.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1119
Application: Single
Application sent: 31 Jan 2023
Delivered: 31 Jan 2023
AOR: 09 Feb 2023
Tracker Access Email: 14 Feb 2023
First Ghost Update: 02 March 2023
Second Ghost Update: 17 March 2023
Background Check Completed: 18 March 2023 (16th March on tracker)
Test Invitation: 25 March 2023 (scheduled for 31st March to 21st April window)
Test Invitation Email: 28 March 2023
Test Taken: 04 April 2023 (Scored 20/20- Passed)
Test Updates on Tracker: 07 April 2023

Reactions: Cpwr and rushi.gada

iammoe

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Anyone have issues logging into tracker? Completed test on Monday 26th at 12 am, was able to log in whole day yesterday and today I can’t? Is it normal?

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Hello everyone!

Sharing this information from my call with the immigration call centre agent. We are in for a LONG WAIT!!! But hey, let’s stay positive. My application was one of the fastest when the processing started and guess I jinxed it.

Primary Office: Scarborough SCR

No update since April 07 after my Test was updated. I was assisted by an amazing agent who accessed my file and explained everything in detail.

“File is open (in progress), knowledge assessment passed, background clearance passed, Language- NOT STARTED, Residency- NOT STARTED, Prohibition- in progress. No additional documents required.

It is a little upsetting as things were going so smooth, but hey, all we got to do is stay positive and hope for the best. It will be some time.
Below is my timeline.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1119
Application: Single
Application sent: 31 Jan 2023
Delivered: 31 Jan 2023
AOR: 09 Feb 2023
Tracker Access Email: 14 Feb 2023
First Ghost Update: 02 March 2023
Second Ghost Update: 17 March 2023
Background Check Completed: 18 March 2023 (16th March on tracker)
Test Invitation: 25 March 2023 (scheduled for 31st March to 21st April window)
Test Invitation Email: 28 March 2023
Test Taken: 04 April 2023 (Scored 20/20- Passed)
Test Updates on Tracker: 07 April 2023
With respect to SCR IRCC over the past few months, this appears to be the normal trend. It starts fast up until Test complete, and slows down, seems it takes around 3months from Test complete to LPP complete and short time from LPP till Oath

Reactions: Cpwr and Toronto91

Toronto91

Feb 13, 2023
With respect to SCR IRCC over the past few months, this appears to be the normal trend. It starts fast up until Test complete, and slows down, seems it takes around 3months from Test complete to LPP complete and short time from LPP till Oath
I complete 3 months on July 7, hoping to see some movement after that

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
I love the optimism and don't mean to rain on the party...but, I went on a little wander to look at SCR applications going back to October. There's a buzz of activity starting to happen for October and November folks, so I believe we're looking at a 5ish month gap between test completion and LPP for SCR these days. I know it's hard to swallow and we need to tell ourselves that LPP is just around the corner to keep up spirits.

Last edited: