+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Thanks for always being so encouraging! It has been pretty "quiet" for the past month for sure. There was time, right after the strike when random offices gained momentum, but it seems they've slowed down since then.
I usually don't expect any news on Mondays or Tuesday, as we know, it takes 2 days for any update to be reflected on a tracker, so usually we see LPPs are getting updated on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and even Saturdays. As a general and common trend. However, emails from primary offices (interview requests and so on) may be sent any day or time.
I did not know that, and also, from the Feb 2023 forum, I discovered that the online tracker updates usually right after 5 am EST...

Reactions: Cpwr

dipzy2827

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Toronto CA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Another quite week.. 3rd in a row if I’m not mistaken. I’m hopeful at the beginning of each new week, and hope that a decision is made for all of us who are waiting. Jan 2023 avg for Test to DM is approximately 40 days and I’m at that mark now, so hope it’s coming soon

good luck to all!
Hope So! My 40 days are passed, still the same :rolleyes:

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Still waiting for a response from the Montreal office..........my 6 months of application have completed today (from the date of AOR).............hopefully they provide update in the upcoming week or 2......
6 mos from aor would be July 25 but I get ya point. the wait is annoying

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Another quite week.. 3rd in a row if I’m not mistaken. I’m hopeful at the beginning of each new week, and hope that a decision is made for all of us who are waiting. Jan 2023 avg for Test to DM is approximately 40 days and I’m at that mark now, so hope it’s coming soon

good luck to all!
I did my test march 24...so just over 3 mos now (marked complete mar 28)
I've given up on checking daily, it's doing my head in lol
Scarborough of course

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
I did my test march 24...so just over 3 mos now (marked complete mar 28)
I've given up on checking daily, it's doing my head in lol
Scarborough of course
Probably a good idea to not check the tracker for a while. Unfortunately, I can't help but check a couple of times a day ):

• Haha
Reactions: Cpwr and Ctv92

dejected

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Only two reasons imo, lazy IRCC officers and a system so broken, only god can help fix it.
Well, yes, your stated reasons are possible, but I think there could be other plausible reasons for delay as well. We all want our applications to be processed quickly but our wish does not override the “process” our applications have to go through. Believe me, if IRCC believes it needs to run 100 checks on our application, it will do so and it must do so. It has got nothing to do with our wish.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Well, yes, your stated reasons are possible, but I think there could be other plausible reasons for delay as well. We all want our applications to be processed quickly but our wish does not override the “process” our applications have to go through. Believe me, if IRCC believes it needs to run 100 checks on our application, it will do so and it must do so. It has got nothing to do with our wish.
I appreciate the process too, but the process has to be more transparent with clear timelines and accountability.. specially after they charge us over $600 per applicant.

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
I appreciate the process too, but the process has to be more transparent with clear timelines and accountability.. specially after they charge us over $600 per applicant.
Super comment , especially the accountability part which is I'm sure not exist with IRCC employees, they think they are ministers lol

Reactions: rushi.gada