+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Di2882

Oct 29, 2018
Did you receive invite ?. What step did you follow for test ?
you have to wait for the invite email. It can come as late as the day before the first day you can actually take the test. You have to wait for that email as it has the link to take you to the test portal. It walks you through step by step on what you have to do. I took my test last Friday and even though I was extremely anxious about the process, it was a very easy process. The hardest part was trying to take the picture of my PR card lol

Reactions: rushi.gada

hj123

Star Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hi Admin

Received the PP today and Language is still in progress but assuming that my dad is Senior citizen this does not apply.

Please update.

Reactions: rushi.gada

qwertas

Dec 16, 2018
Hi all... my application seems to get stuck.. last ghost update was March 2 and no update since. BG already done.. waiting for LPP.. I applied at the age of 56, so I would assume for the Language and TEst would be done since I do not need this two because of my age.. anyone with a similar case as mine.. Mine is being processed NS and Vancouver when I called them...
it's not stuck, it's processing. My app doesn't show any progress after BG complete either

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Omg , and what are they doing all that time!! Your security should be started long time ago that's really weird, call them today and ask what's your current security status exactly
my security started Mar 10th what's the timeline I'm looking at?

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hi fellow Jan 2023 applicants. Just a Monday post to help us stay motivated! It's the longest silence in a while for us and post reviewing, it's just been a slow two weeks overall for most 2023 applicants. Hope that this week brings lots of good news for all of us. All lazy IRCC offices have to roll-out some updates at some point! I still believe most of us would be done in 7-8 months with the whole process, so fingers crossed!

Last edited:

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Count 6 - 8 months if normal security check
I don't believe in that man. How comes count 6-8 months when people get their citizenship ceremony scheduled within 5 months?

Also some people get their BG check completed within a 2 or 3 months of applying

Scorpiof9

Jun 16, 2023
it's not stuck, it's processing. My app doesn't show any progress after BG complete either
how come others with the same timeline has their oath ceremony already, whilst mine is still processing since March 2 with no updates? is there a criteria to have it processed faster like others?

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Hey Guys quick question,

A friend of mine linked his application to the tracker but shortly the next day, he is not able to log in. Getting technical error message.

What can fix this?