+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

ferstvi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Congratulations!
I made a playlist of fun happy songs to listen to after my oath, I made it public for everyone!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2p9a5F6D14QPiqJ69p8EGN?si=sBysetgvTcabKm8JA7vvuw
Loved that :)! Thanks for sharing! It's funny that you have High Hopes (Panic at the Disco) on your playlist as this is the song that was playing when I got a job offer which allowed me to come to Canada 4 years ago. So this song means a lot to me. I arrived in Canada on July 1st, 2019 (yes on Canada Day). So it would be amazing if I could also take the Oath on the same day. :)

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
I submitted my FP on April 12, 2023 and today my Background got completed after 2 months (Mississauga office). So hang in there, You can email RCMP and ask when was your result sent out by providing the DCN they advise of the same in a few days. I have heard it can take 2-3 months for Background/FP to be cleared after FP is submitted.
and when was your FP received in the tracker?? I'm in the same boat my FP shows received on April 17th but BG still in progress

Ishanmehta777

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Received the oath letter on Wednesday. It will be online.

Also emailed and asked for e-certificate. Received another email yesterday with the instructions to download e-certificate 2-5 days after the oath.
Hello I had my oath ceremony on 12 June.
How to get e- certificate
Which email address we need to send request.
Thanks

Toronto91

Feb 13, 2023
My parent’s visitor visa got rejected as the officer didn’t think that they will leave Canada after the duration of the visa. Can this affect my citizenship application? I am worried now. My back ground check and test are complete and I am waiting for LPP.
please advise.

Toronto91

Feb 13, 2023
It won’t impact you in anyway
Thank you for the prompt response.
My application was one of the fastest, I applied on Jan 31st, AOR: 8th Feb, and my Test and background completed by April 7, but since then no update.
My file is with Scarborough, I believe. I have been nervous, and now this made me more nervous.

there has been no update since April 7.
Anyone else from Scarborough office you have got any updates?

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
My application was one of the fastest, I applied on Jan 31st, AOR: 8th Feb, and my Test and background completed by April 7, but since then no update.
My file is with Scarborough, I believe. I have been nervous, and now this made me more nervous.

Scarborough here, last update April 8

Reactions: Toronto91

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021

Same, Scarborough here and last update was May 3, 2023. Hasn’t been as long as you but still seems like Ontario offices are moving slow because it’s always busy here in Ontario. Waiting on LPP and Oath. Hang in there!

Reactions: Toronto91

Scorpiof9

Jun 16, 2023
Hi all... my application seems to get stuck.. last ghost update was March 2 and no update since. BG already done.. waiting for LPP.. I applied at the age of 56, so I would assume for the Language and TEst would be done since I do not need this two because of my age.. anyone with a similar case as mine.. Mine is being processed NS and Vancouver when I called them...

senior43

Jun 16, 2023
My mother who is above 65 years of age, her status changed to completed for BG verification, Prohibitions and Physical presence but Demostrate language skills is still In progress, even though she is exempted. He ecas status is still In progress. Any senior here who has similar situation.

pkshah

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
CANADA
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
04/03/2014
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
03/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2015
LANDED..........
05/09/2015
Got a different update as I open tracker

If you see on the Citizenship Tracker that you’ve been asked to take a citizenship test or participate in an interview, hearing or ceremony, but you haven’t received an official invitation from us yet, we might still be planning your event. Your invitation is the official confirmation.

If you haven’t gotten it 6 calendar days before the event,check your junk mail folder and contact our Client Support Centre to make sure we have the right contact information for you.