+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
http://instagr.am/p/CsJhFAIAsgq/
Hoping this posted correctly. I have this hung up where I can see it everyday and it makes me feel a little more in control of my perspective and emotions when I read it.

Everything will come in due time. I just wanted to share it for anyone feeling down or frustrated. I know some would pop in this thread and say, “Why are you complaining or worried? You just applied in January” but it can feel very discouraging to see other files move along and go another day without an update thinking, “Why not my file? If not today, will my good news be tomorrow?”

Rinse and repeat.

So, wait before you worry. Just wait one more day friends.
Thank you for sharing this! Seeing some March 2023 applicants with their LPP and Decision Made can be frustrating. And the mind always wonders - "What is wrong with MY application, then?" Logically, I understand that there is no point in comparing applications, as it is unknown as various circumstances, variables, additional and extra things that have to be done/processed. Once in a while, you come across some posts from folks who applied years and years ago, and they share their joy of finally receiving their oath invitation letter or decision made or receiving the passport. In the grand scheme of things, it won't matter much once it is done and finalized. As Mark Twain said: “Comparison is the death of joy.”

Let's be joyful and hopeful!

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Thank you for sharing this! Seeing some March 2023 applicants with their LPP and Decision Made can be frustrating. And the mind always wonders - "What is wrong with MY application, then?" Logically, I understand that there is no point in comparing applications, as it is unknown as various circumstances, variables, additional and extra things that have to be done/processed. Once in a while, you come across some posts from folks who applied years and years ago, and they share their joy of finally receiving their oath invitation letter or decision made or receiving the passport. In the grand scheme of things, it won't matter much once it is done and finalized. As Mark Twain said: “Comparison is the death of joy.”

Let's be joyful and hopeful!
We can’t forget that there was a 2 week strike, blame it all on that :p

• Haha
Reactions: rushi.gada

li-kowa

Star Member
Jun 19, 2018
Hi, it’s going to be 6 applicants and forms which are all gonna get linked as a family later. But I’m afraid you’ll need to submit 6 individual applications
Congratulations. It is nice to see you have your oaths now. I am glad for you.

RandomUser514

Mar 17, 2023
Quebec City
are you sure? how?

Instructions will be in your invitation:

If you cannot take the oath, i.e. you are not available at this date and time due to work, health, travel, or other reasons; you do not have the video/internet capability; you are physically unable or require accommodation; prefer an in-person ceremony; etc., contact us as soon as you receive this invitation with an explanation in order to be rescheduled or to postpone - NOTE: a request for an in-person ceremony may result in delays in processing of your application. In your reply, change the e-mail subject line accordingly, i.e. Ceremony - New date/time needed, Ceremony - No equipment/Internet, etc.
Pursuant to paragraph 13.2(1)(b) of the Citizenship Act, if you cannot appear and take the Oath at

APassi

Mar 16, 2019
Hello All!

I recently moved. I chaged my address in ECAS, says it'll take 15 days to update. Should I send a Webform for address change, or changing it in ECAS is enough?

ferstvi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Instructions will be in your invitation:

If you cannot take the oath, i.e. you are not available at this date and time due to work, health, travel, or other reasons; you do not have the video/internet capability; you are physically unable or require accommodation; prefer an in-person ceremony; etc., contact us as soon as you receive this invitation with an explanation in order to be rescheduled or to postpone - NOTE: a request for an in-person ceremony may result in delays in processing of your application. In your reply, change the e-mail subject line accordingly, i.e. Ceremony - New date/time needed, Ceremony - No equipment/Internet, etc.
Pursuant to paragraph 13.2(1)(b) of the Citizenship Act, if you cannot appear and take the Oath at
hmm understood, thanks for sharing! I believe nobody wants to delay their application, and it might not be well received requesting an in-person ceremony without a compelling reason

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019

markito89

Jul 23, 2018
I have just received an email requesting me to email all photocopies of my passports during eligibility period:
Note: Any documents that are not in English or French must be accompanied by:
- the English or French translation; and
- an affidavit from the person who completed the translation.
An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner
authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their
translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document.
Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial
organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit. Translations
by family members are not acceptable.
N.B.: Passport(s) and travel document(s) stamps that are not in English or French must also be translated.
So for the affidavit, it should be a notarized statement from say a friend, right? am I missing any details?

mipan1991

Mar 24, 2021
Hi, unless you change your name officially, you won’t be able to just change the way it appears on the passport or the application. You will have to officially go through the province to change your name, and use that as the proof to use a different name for your citizenship / passport application. My 2 cents here…Name change can cause delays in your application, so best to wait and change your name once the procedure is done … good luck
Thanks for the advise. I was thinking the same. If i do a name split on my indian passport(which would take time), i will then have to change the name on my PR card and other canadian IDs which would take a lot of time. Like you said, i shall just continue with the citizenship process and change/split the name later when I am a canadian.

Reactions: rushi.gada

zahedali

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Got my oath!

Please update the sheet user ID zahedali

Timeline (Office: Calgary)
1. Paper Application sent/delivered - 04th Jan 2023

2. Acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) - 22nd Feb 2023
I
3. Ghost update - 24th Feb 2023

4. Ghost update - 2nd March 2023

5. Email from IRCC - 14th April 2023 - Identification documents missing - Photocopies of the front and back of two (2) pieces of your personal identification

6. Test invite - 17th April (Window 24th April to 15th May)

7. Background completed - 18th April

8. Test Taken - 25th April 2023

9. Test Completed - 1st May 2023

10. Spouse Fingerprints request - 2nd May 2023

11. Spouse Fingerprints submitted - 3rd May 2023

12. Spouse Fingerprints Received - 30th May 2023

13. Spouse Background completed - 31st May 2023

14. LPP Completed & DM (Decision Made) on ECAS - 3rd June 2023

15. Oath for June 22nd 2023 - 6th June 2023

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi there,

How do I submit GCMS notes about my application? I have passed my citizenship exam on April 4 and havent had any update since then. I think Scarborough is processing office.