+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

iammoe

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hey guys! Anything I can do? paper applicant - March 16 Aor but no updates other than that? no background either. Will be 3 months soon without any updates.

Called them but wasn't helpful and sent webforms too

bnew

Feb 15, 2023
Hey guys! Anything I can do? paper applicant - March 16 Aor but no updates other than that? no background either. Will be 3 months soon without any updates.

Hello, Same here, AOR: 18 March, and no update after, Paper, family of 4

• Sad
Reactions: iammoe

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC

Unfortunately, in most cases, they won't be able to provide you with any information or answer any specific questions on processing if an application is under 21 months. Maybe, after 21 months you can send the request again, call them again, and ask your MP for assistance. I do realize this is not ideal (to wait for 21 months.) However, this is what the official IRCC website says.

Processing times will vary based on:
  • the type of application submitted
  • if the application is complete
  • how quickly we expect to process applications we’ve already received
  • how easily we can verify your information
  • how long you take to respond to any requests or concerns
  • other factors
More info here: Apply for Canadian citizenship - Canada.ca

I also can't help but check the Google Sheet tracker to compare timelines and processing, application details etc. It is strange that some applications are processed quickly, while mine (and others who are waiting) are kind of stuck in limbo without any updates for a while.

As the saying goes - Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
Unfortunately, in most cases, they won't be able to provide you with any information or answer any specific questions on processing if an application is under 21 months. Maybe, after 21 months you can send the request again, call them again, and ask your MP for assistance. I do realize this is not ideal (to wait for 21 months.) However, this is what the official IRCC website says.

Processing times will vary based on:
  • the type of application submitted
  • if the application is complete
  • how quickly we expect to process applications we’ve already received
  • how easily we can verify your information
  • how long you take to respond to any requests or concerns
  • other factors
More info here: Apply for Canadian citizenship - Canada.ca

I also can't help but check the Google Sheet tracker to compare timelines and processing, application details etc. It is strange that some applications are processed quickly, while mine (and others who are waiting) are kind of stuck in limbo without any updates for a while.

As the saying goes - Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.
One more factor must be added:
[*] How lazy and / or slothful the officers are
In my opinion this is number 1

zahedali

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Please update my status on the spreadsheet ID zahedali

Timeline
1. Paper Application sent/delivered - 04th Jan 2023
2. Acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) - 22nd Feb 2023
3. In Process ECAS - 14th April 2023
4. Ghost update - 24th Feb 2023
5. Ghost update - 2nd March 2023
6. Email from IRCC - 14th April 2023 - Identification documents missing - Photocopies of the front and back of two (2) pieces of your personal identification
7. Test invite - 17th April (Window 24th April to 15th May)
8. Background completed - 18th April
9. Test Taken - 25th April 2023
10. Test Completed - 1st May 2023
11. Spouse Fingerprint request - 2nd May 2023
12. Spouse Fingerprint submitted - 3rd May 2023

Now I'm waiting for fingerprints received status and background completed for my spouse.