+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
I was extremely anxious during my PR application process as this would determine my future in Canada (and the whole process only took 2,5 months). Now with the Citizenship process, it's so much better, I'm actually enjoying the process and so thankful it's going super fast than it used to few years ago. It's about perspective.
Opposite for me, I was young and naive to the whole situation when I applied for PR, and I had done the application myself. Once I got my open work permit I basically forgot about it until I got my landing appointment. Now 7 years later I have a fully functioning developed prefrontal cortex paired with anxiety issues and can see everything that could go wrong hahaha I went with a representative this time to quell my worries. I am very much enjoying the ride now that my BG is done. I’ve started making a “Best Day Ever” playlist to listen and dance to after my ceremony :D

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Opposite for me, I was young and naive to the whole situation when I applied for PR, and I had done the application myself. Once I got my open work permit I basically forgot about it until I got my landing appointment. Now 7 years later I have a fully functioning developed prefrontal cortex paired with anxiety issues and can see everything that could go wrong hahaha I went with a representative this time to quell my worries. I am very much enjoying the ride now that my BG is done. I’ve started making a “Best Day Ever” playlist to listen and dance to after my ceremony :D
I agree with @ferstvi - PR process definitely kept us n=more worried. With the citizenship application, quite honestly, I just wanna be done with all the paper work and live my life a little normal without having to track days and months outside of Canada.

Reactions: Americanwife94

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hello. My wife's AOR was received on January 12th, but since then there has been no updates whatsoever, but I see many people here have already done the test. What could we be missing? should we be following up with someone? We are in Ottawa and she had 1101 days of residency
Call the IRCC contact center to understand where the application is stuck.

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Hello All, i am planning to give my test sometime around the long weekend. Can anyone suggest if using PR compared to using health card causes faster processing of test results. Or is it the reverse. Also the PR card doesnt have signature associated would that be ok

• Wow
Reactions: balaca

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Hello All, i am planning to give my test sometime around the long weekend. Can anyone suggest if using PR compared to using health card causes faster processing of test results. Or is it the reverse. Also the PR card doesnt have signature associated would that be ok
Don't believe there is any corelation of using either causes faster processing. Yes, PR card can be used even though it doesn't bear your signature

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
You can also call IRCC and ask at 1-888-242-2100
So you call and ask why my application is stuck or what's the status? Are they gonna give that generic answer that it's in progress or they will tell me details like "Your application is currently with Marla who is waiting for Timothy's stamp to finalize the background check"?

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Most have used their PR card including my wife and I. No issues .. don’t think one works faster vs the other. The only thing you wanna make sure is that the picture you click is clear and the card is held as shown in the picture

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
So you call and ask why my application is stuck or what's the status? Are they gonna give that generic answer that it's in progress or they will tell me details like "Your application is currently with Marla who is waiting for Timothy's stamp to finalize the background check"?
Don't expect specific details but all depends on the representative who gonna answer

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
It depends. No one will be able to tell you for sure. I recall years ago when I applied for my PR and wasn't receiving any updates, I simply called and the person on the phone was able to let me know that the application was finalized. It took a couple more days to be reflected on the website back then. Or you might receive a generic reply. It is worth trying anyway. Also, ordering GCMS notes could be a good idea.

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
It depends. No one will be able to tell you for sure. I recall years ago when I applied for my PR and wasn't receiving any updates, I simply called and the person on the phone was able to let me know that the application was finalized. It took a couple more days to be reflected on the website back then. Or you might receive a generic reply. It is worth trying anyway. Also, ordering GCMS notes could be a good idea.
Can you explain why GCMS is good idea ? How could affect the process and how to request it ?
Thanks

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Can you explain why GCMS is good idea ? How could affect the process and how to request it ?
Thanks
Plenty of discussions on how to obtain GCMS. Please note, it is FREE from the official source.

It won't speed things up but it will be useful as it tells you if something is wrong, or what's going on with your file. It was a godsend to me when I was applying for PR. Had I not gotten the file I would not have known about a MASSIVE problem that was about to get me denied. I managed to fix it and was approved two months later.

Reactions: Cpwr

huhushow

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Mostly they checks face, so PR card is Okay