Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1,095
Application: Single
Application sent: January 19, 2023
Delivered: - No tracking with postage used -
AOR: March 2, 2023
In Progress: March 2, 2023
May 4, 2023: Ghost update
May 11, 2023: Background check completed.

Now my top left corner says Updated: May 13, 2023. This has been a wonderful Monday so far, it feels so good to know something is happening. I know things go on in the background, but it's nice see some results of that.

RandomUser514

Mar 17, 2023
Quebec City
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1,095
Application: Single
Application sent: January 19, 2023
Delivered: - No tracking with postage used -
AOR: March 2, 2023
In Progress: March 2, 2023
May 4, 2023: Ghost update
May 11, 2023: Background check completed.

Now my top left corner says Updated: May 13, 2023. This has been a wonderful Monday so far, it feels so good to know something is happening. I know things go on in the background, but it's nice see some results of that.

Congratulations. Please start studying Discover Canada because you will take citizenship test very soon :)

adi92

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Anyone still stuck in background check? My file is in Niagara falls office, no movement since BG complete March 14. Online application

Reactions: Di2882

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
So I noticed that the online tracker is only updated once a day, and most of the time, it is in the morning (overnight.) And most of the time it is with a 2-day delay. Let's say the citizenship test was marked as complete on April 17 (Wednesday) but updated on track on April 20 (Friday)—exceptions when it is a weekend. For example, a background check was marked as complete on April 19 (Friday) but updated on the tracker on April 22 (Monday) or April 23 (Tuesday.)
Has anyone received any updates on the tracker mid-day?

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
Here is a list of common processing offices arranged from faster to slower based on so many previous processed applications from different sources;

1/ Calgary
2/ Vancouver
3/ Montreal
4/ Edmonton
5/ Scarborough
6/ Mississauga
7/ Niagara Falls
8/ Hamilton
9/ Ottawa

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
I'm guessing you pulled this from the Google spreadsheets. What time frame do you use? As in, how far back did you go?

Here is a list of common processing offices arranged from faster to slower based on so many previous processed applications from different sources;

1/ Calgary
2/ Vancouver
3/ Montreal
4/ Edmonton
5/ Scarborough
6/ Mississauga
7/ Niagara Falls
8/ Hamilton
9/ Ottawa

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
No clue, but I'm not sure this is going to convince me to stop checking my profile multiple times a day haha :D

So I noticed that the online tracker is only updated once a day, and most of the time, it is in the morning (overnight.) And most of the time it is with a 2-day delay. Let's say the citizenship test was marked as complete on April 17 (Wednesday) but updated on track on April 20 (Friday)—exceptions when it is a weekend. For example, a background check was marked as complete on April 19 (Friday) but updated on the tracker on April 22 (Monday) or April 23 (Tuesday.)
Has anyone received any updates on the tracker mid-day?

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Ah, okay. I actually think that it would be very useful to add a column in the Google spreadsheets going forward for the processing office. Southern Ontario makes up the bulk of all applications but there's several offices in the region with vastly different processing times. As in, 'Toronto' should be broken up into Scarb, Sauga, etc. @shiremag

No I didn't use Google at all , this is my own data since 2021

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Ah, okay. I actually think that it would be very useful to add a column in the Google spreadsheets going forward for the processing office. Southern Ontario makes up the bulk of all applications but there's several offices in the region with vastly different processing times. As in, 'Toronto' should be broken up into Scarb, Sauga, etc. @shiremag
If I’m not mistaken there is a “Location by Month” tab on the google spreadsheet. Annual location timeline tab too.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Sure, but it doesn't break down processing time by processing office, it breaks it down by the location of the applicant, and the two are not necessarily the same, especially in Ontario.
If I’m not mistaken there is a “Location by Month” tab on the google spreadsheet. Annual location timeline tab too.