+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
To the best of what I understand, they don't call the Police once a PCC is issued as the document is the proof for clean b/g. With that said, if you have a history of military service or travel to countries that Canada thinks is suspicious, they may outsource your B/g clearance to an external agency or CSIS, who might take a lot of time to run a full check. Do you have any of these factors in your application?
As far as I understood, they go a bit stricter with people coming from middle east (no racist here or anything, just common sense since countries there are not stable, including mine).

That said, in some cases they may actually execute a communication with the other country to verify if the documents are legal. And probably that's my case since I stayed outside Canada for a year during covid.

I do not have any military service and never travelled to any suspecious country, only Europe and USA all the time. At least I hope that after my BG check is done, LPP follows quickly and not after months.

Reactions: rushi.gada and Cpwr

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
As far as I understood, they go a bit stricter with people coming from middle east (no racist here or anything, just common sense since countries there are not stable, including mine).

That said, in some cases they may actually execute a communication with the other country to verify if the documents are legal. And probably that's my case since I stayed outside Canada for a year during covid.

I do not have any military service and never travelled to any suspecious country, only Europe and USA all the time. At least I hope that after my BG check is done, LPP follows quickly and not after months.
May I ask you when did your FP marked as received?

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019

I’m sure it will, don’t worry to much

Reactions: Cpwr

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
I think it's the fact that his PCC is from a country in the middle east, his bg is taking longer than others to be completed.
Yeah the fact that my test was scheduled quickly after AOR like most of the people but since BG is still in progress even though test marked complete in March 27 and I'm sure LPP won't move unless BG is cleared which is stuck at the moment.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Yeah the fact that my test was scheduled quickly after AOR like most of the people but since BG is still in progress even though test marked complete in March 27 and I'm sure LPP won't move unless BG is cleared which is stuck at the moment.
Bright side, LPP may change pretty soon after BG :)

halifax1

Jan 24, 2020
Do you guys have any estimated time when we can receive the ceremony invitation after everything is marked completed?