+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

ferstvi

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
All right, when I checked my tracker today - I do check 10-15 times a day haha - , I saw below headline; it was not there yesterday. Everything is completed except ceremony; It's still showing Not Started. What does this mean ? Does that mean, well, I would expect ceremony invitation ?

If you see on the Citizenship Tracker that you’ve been asked to take a citizenship test or participate in an interview, hearing or ceremony, but you haven’t received an official invitation from us yet, we might still be planning your event. Your invitation is the official confirmation.

If you haven’t gotten it 6 calendar days before the event, check your junk mail folder and contact our Client Support Centre to make sure we have the right contact information for you.
I think it means that if you see on the tracker that you've been invited to take the Oath/Cerimony but you haven't received an e-mail. then you can contact Client Support. My understanding is that Ceremony Not Started means that you haven't been invited yet.

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
All right, when I checked my tracker today - I do check 10-15 times a day haha - , I saw below headline; it was not there yesterday. Everything is completed except ceremony; It's still showing Not Started. What does this mean ? Does that mean, well, I would expect ceremony invitation ?

If you see on the Citizenship Tracker that you’ve been asked to take a citizenship test or participate in an interview, hearing or ceremony, but you haven’t received an official invitation from us yet, we might still be planning your event. Your invitation is the official confirmation.

If you haven’t gotten it 6 calendar days before the event, check your junk mail folder and contact our Client Support Centre to make sure we have the right contact information for you.
The first part in your paragraph mean they haven't scheduled you for oath yet.

atish

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
3-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2018
Finally, status changed to Test in progress May 11 .. Test period May 15 to June 4 .. email not yet received .. @shiremag please update the tracker ..
happy to see yours moving- i got my email after 2 days

Reactions: rushi.gada

li-kowa

Star Member
Jun 19, 2018
Update, please! :)
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1278
Application: Family(2)
Application sent: January 7th, 2023
Delivered: January 7th, 2023
AOR: January 23rd, 2023
In process ECAS: January 25th, 2023.
Ghost update: March 1st, 2023
BG Check Completed: March 1st, 2023
Test invite: March 6th, Updated on Tracker, March 8th
Test window: March 13th to April 3rd, 2023
Test taken: March 13th, 2023
Test Completed: March 20th, 2023, but updated on Tracker March 22.
LPP: Completed May 9th, 2023, But updated May 11

Admin, Please update the spreadsheet and thank you guys for all you do. Also, thank you, @Ishanmehta777. They heard you and updated me. I wish everyone here speedy completion of their process too. Hang in there.

tomdele

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Hey guys
This popped up on my tracker today. Already Test and background checked completed on April 18, 2023. But just saw this today.

"If you see on the Citizenship Tracker that you’ve been asked to take a citizenship test or participate in an interview, hearing or ceremony, but you haven’t received an official invitation from us yet, we might still be planning your event. Your invitation is the official confirmation.

If you haven’t gotten it 6 calendar days before the event, check your junk mail folder and contact our Client Support Centre to make sure we have the right contact information for you"

Do I have to prepare for something soon or this is normal.?

RandomUser514

Mar 17, 2023
Quebec City
Hey guys
This popped up on my tracker today. Already Test and background checked completed on April 18, 2023. But just saw this today.

"If you see on the Citizenship Tracker that you’ve been asked to take a citizenship test or participate in an interview, hearing or ceremony, but you haven’t received an official invitation from us yet, we might still be planning your event. Your invitation is the official confirmation.

If you haven’t gotten it 6 calendar days before the event, check your junk mail folder and contact our Client Support Centre to make sure we have the right contact information for you"

Do I have to prepare for something soon or this is normal.?
Most of the people got this message today. Seems like it's generic.

Reactions: IG2020

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Update, please! :)
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1278
Application: Family(2)
Application sent: January 7th, 2023
Delivered: January 7th, 2023
AOR: January 23rd, 2023
In process ECAS: January 25th, 2023.
Ghost update: March 1st, 2023
BG Check Completed: March 1st, 2023
Test invite: March 6th, Updated on Tracker, March 8th
Test window: March 13th to April 3rd, 2023
Test taken: March 13th, 2023
Test Completed: March 20th, 2023, but updated on Tracker March 22.
LPP: Completed May 9th, 2023, But updated May 11

Admin, Please update the spreadsheet and thank you guys for all you do. Also, thank you, @Ishanmehta777. They heard you and updated me. I wish everyone here speedy completion of their process too. Hang in there.
Congratulations.. just a matter of time now :)

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Do they contact my home country for background check especially if I provided police certificate as in the last 5 years I stayed outside Canada for more than 6 months?

It seems my home country are not picking up the phone or something, BG is stuck lol

Update: looks like yeah https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/
To the best of what I understand, they don't call the Police once a PCC is issued as the document is the proof for clean b/g. With that said, if you have a history of military service or travel to countries that Canada thinks is suspicious, they may outsource your B/g clearance to an external agency or CSIS, who might take a lot of time to run a full check. Do you have any of these factors in your application?