+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Sherbrook

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
I got my Citizenship test on April 24 and passed with 19 out 20 on April 30. But today May 04, I got an update to take the test from May 08-May 24. I have already given the test and passed. Is someone else in the same position as I am? Is it a bug. Should I call them should I wait or should I take the test again.

Please advise
That means the first one did not go through, maybe you talked while doing the exam or maybe something suspicious happened, and it also could be a technical issue prevented them from getting your results. Just take it easy and go for the next one if doesn’t say test completed ✅.

good luck

snasir123

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Hello all,

My wife received a test invite on April 19 with a window of April 24-May 15 but never received an email due to the strike.

We contacted the Calgary office and raised a webform asking if we can go ahead with the test without email but no reply. She took the test on April 26 and passed with 20/20.

We called and the agent told us congratulations, the test is complete!

The tracker got updated today with test marked as completed BUT ALSO a new window for test from May 8 to May 29.

We called the agent again today and she was like your test is complete and you can ignore the new window update. However, a test invitation email was received today for the new dates.

This is so confusing as the tracker is complete (it is now green) and even the banner for “waiting on you” is gone but at the same time the email is sent for a new test window!

Any idea for what to do now?

May 8, 2023

Scheduled for citizenship test
Citizenship test
You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between May 8, 2023 and May 29, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

May 1, 2023

Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Citizenship test
Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.

Apr 24, 2023

Scheduled for citizenship test
Citizenship test
You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between April 24, 2023 and May 15, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

Apr 17, 2023

Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Citizenship test
Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
Can you share the phone number for IRCC ?

I got my Citizenship test on April 24 and passed with 19 out 20 on April 30. But today May 04, I got an update to take the test from May 08-May 24. I have already given the test and passed. Is someone else in the same position as I am? Is it a bug. Should I call them should I wait or should I take the test again.

Please advise

Sherbrook

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
My advice to everyone: don’t listen to ircc call center agents! They give false info most of the time and you can’t get the same agent again when something goes wrong!

the best thing is the web form and make them reply with an email and you can use that email in future if something went wrong.

call center agents have zero responsibility.

Reactions: rushi.gada and Cpwr

ambq91

Jan 29, 2019

Please advise
What does the tracker say? Test complete or not? Please share what they tell you if you don’t mind.

Here is their number: 1-888-242-2100

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019

Please advise
I would call..

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
My advice to everyone: don’t listen to ircc call center agents! They give false info most of the time and you can’t get the same agent again when something goes wrong!

the best thing is the web form and make them reply with an email and you can use that email in future if something went wrong.

call center agents have zero responsibility.
Totally agree, most of them without prior experience

Last edited:

Nikiied28

Star Member
Apr 15, 2023
Hi everyone,

Pleasure to be apart of this group

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1748
Application: Single
Application sent: January 26, 2023
Delivered: January 26, 2023
AOR: February 8th

Had my test invite in March 20th to do on March 24th. Last update was March 27th for the test section changed to completed.

I saw a lot of people saying they had a biometrics request so I called was to have an update and even the agent was asking me if I got a letter asking for my fingerprints.

I guess I just wait?

NORSE

Apr 14, 2023
I took the test on April 12 and passed. However, my test has not been updated, it still shows “in progress”. I didn’t have any problem during the test time and my answers were submitted. Is it normal?