+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Is anyone else waiting for email instructions to take the test? My window opens on the 5th of May and I still haven't had the explanatory email. I will try and call but my chances of getting through are slim to none, with the strike having just ended today.
Relax. You should receive the email 24-48 hours before your test window starts. Also this step, I don’t think has anything to do with the strike. It mostly seems automated. Best of luck!

Reactions: rushi.gada

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
My timeline:
App type: Online
App location: Toronto
App submitted: Jan 23rd
App delivered: Jan 23rd
AOR: Feb 3rd
GU : March 2nd : no changes
GU : March 14th: no changes
Test Invitation: March 28
Fingerprint request: March 29
Fingerprint submitted : March 29
GU : March 30 : no changes
Test taken : March 31st
Test marked completed: April 4
Fingerprint results sent from RCMP to IRCC: April4
Fingerprint results received: April 5
GU : April 8 : no changes
BG: still in progress
LPP: in progress
DM: TBD
Ceremony: not started

Only God knows when are we going to see the next update!
Now that the strike is up, hopefully things start moving faster. No offence to anyone, but they better start justifying the 12.6% increase and perform better.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
One question, would ordering my GCMS notes help with the application moving any faster? Anyone order their GCMS notes recently? If yes, how long did it take and are they really useful?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Quick question - how long does it usually take for the tracker to be updated after fingerprints are sent?

My spouse submitted her fingerprints at an accredited agency about 3 weeks back, but the tracker still shows as fingerprints requested. Of course the strike in between likely slowed down things.

In the meantime, she was invited for and took the test which was marked complete.

We were thinking of calling to check the status of the fingerprints, but will hold off it seems too early...

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Quick question - how long does it usually take for the tracker to be updated after fingerprints are sent?

My spouse submitted her fingerprints at an accredited agency about 3 weeks back, but the tracker still shows as fingerprints requested. Of course the strike in between likely slowed down things.

In the meantime, she was invited for and took the test which was marked complete.

We were thinking of calling to check the status of the fingerprints, but will hold off it seems too early...
I have the same question sent fingerprints on 12th April but shows waiting on tracker!

Submit your fingerprints
Background verification

Waiting on you
You need to have your fingerprints taken so we can continue processing your application.
  • We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints.
  • Follow the letter or email’s instructions.

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA

My FP shows received on tracker since April 5th but till now BG in progress. Waiting for good news to come!

Reactions: aamool

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
I have the same question sent fingerprints on 12th April but shows waiting on tracker!

Submit your fingerprints
Background verification

Waiting on you
You need to have your fingerprints taken so we can continue processing your application.
  • We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints.
  • Follow the letter or email’s instructions.
Well in my wife's case, the waiting on you did disappear....

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
My FP shows received on tracker since April 5th but till now BG in progress. Waiting for good news to come!
How long after you submitted the fingerprints did it update on the tracker as received?

Hopefully the IRCC folks will be re-energized by their newly fattened paychecks and will be closing files left and right!

Reactions: Cpwr

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
One question, would ordering my GCMS notes help with the application moving any faster? Anyone order their GCMS notes recently? If yes, how long did it take and are they really useful?
Hi my timelines similar to yours. Post the BG Complete on Apr 18th no progress has been seen. Might be something to do with strike. Not sure if order GCMS notes helps in expediting the process in any way

Reactions: rushi.gada

sravyapangur

May 16, 2019
I called them also, talked to one of the representatives and he made the urgent request to send email to respective department.
I called them today, regarding my test invite and agent mentioned the same that they will send an urgent email to the respective processing center. Did you get any response after your call ??

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
How long after you submitted the fingerprints did it update on the tracker as received?

Hopefully the IRCC folks will be re-energized by their newly fattened paychecks and will be closing files left and right!
I submitted on March 29th , appeared on tracker as received April 5th

Reactions: aamool

SszZTkmZ

Star Member
Aug 29, 2021
Is anyone else waiting for email instructions to take the test? My window opens on the 5th of May and I still haven't had the explanatory email. I will try and call but my chances of getting through are slim to none, with the strike having just ended today.
My window started last week and still no email.

• Wow
Reactions: hotsalsa
Jan 2, 2023
I called them today, regarding my test invite and agent mentioned the same that they will send an urgent email to the respective processing center. Did you get any response after your call ??
Nothing, but did take test last Saturday.
Nothing, but i did take test last Saturday