Jun 24, 2019
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1120
Application: Single
Application sent: Jan 7th, 2023
AOR: Jan 24th, 2023
BG: Feb 24th, 2023
TEST: STILL WAITING

These guys seem to be super slow in my application. Had the same thing with my PR application they took 10 months to process the same.
IRCC is super unpredictable .. It's not just you, unfortunately, so many people suffer due to their poor handling of our applications.

Reactions: Cpwr

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019
I know this is something that sounds weird to me. They don't have any process in place to process applications which can be standardized. They seem to be all over the place to me.

Reactions: rushi.gada

ManiNivi

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hi All,

In the tracker, The Citizenship test status has been updated as In progress & scheduled between April 21, 2023 & May 11, 2023.

But, I haven't received any information/instruction email from CIC. I have checked the junk & spam folder of my email too, but no email found.

Also, I am outside Canada & would like to inform the same to CIC.

Found the below, but not sure to which email address should I be sending an email.

If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation.
In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Citizenship Test” in the subject line
  • in the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • the start and end date for your test
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.

Can someone guide here please?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All,

In the tracker, The Citizenship test status has been updated as In progress & scheduled between April 21, 2023 & May 11, 2023.

But, I haven't received any information/instruction email from CIC. I have checked the junk & spam folder of my email too, but no email found.

Found the below, but not sure to which email address should I be sending an email.

If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation.
In your email

• your full name

Email is coming very close to the Test window start date or sometimes even on the same date. But as you are already very close to Test window start date call IRCC and see if they can help you. This is the no - 888-242-2100

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/labour-disruptions.html

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2023/04/18/canadian-immigration-and-passport-delays-are-expected-as-public-service-strike-deadline-draws-near.html

"In the event of a labour disruption, like most Government of Canada services, most IRCC services would be impacted".

See list of services that will be impacted, they include application processing and citizenship ceremonies.

If no deal by 9pm today, strike starts 12:01am per union president

Last edited:

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/labour-disruptions.html

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2023/04/18/canadian-immigration-and-passport-delays-are-expected-as-public-service-strike-deadline-draws-near.html

"In the event of a labour disruption, like most Government of Canada services, most IRCC services would be impacted".

See list of services that will be impacted, they include application processing and citizenship ceremonies.

If no deal by 9pm today, strike starts 12:01am per union president
This is messed up! Once this happens, many applications will get backlogged again, the momentum will be lost and possible that several of the applications get lost in the file folders.

• Sad
Reactions: Cpwr and hotsalsa

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hi All,

In your email

• your full name

For your test, you will receive your instructions email 1 to 2 days before the test window starts, have patience. No need to worry about it. I got mine 1 day before the test window.

Reactions: ManiNivi