+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

tkan7

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Category........
Other
I just realized that I did not write my first (given) name while signing/submitting the online citizenship application. I remember it being not a mandatory field. Anyone else did the same? Will the app be returned for resubmission? Anyone received AOR with only last name printed in sign and submit page?

Hassan89

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
I guess my BG verification is stuck because I stayed outside Canada for more than 200 days in the last 3 years and I had to provide police ceritificates.

My passport expires end of month and I have to travel urgently and I cannot renew my passport at my home country as it would take more than 2 months to receive so I am thinking about submitting urgent processing request, but what concerns me is that if it gets refused, it delays my application..
Hey , just wondering, were the 200 days outside Canada in a row/consecutive?

NamNg

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
hey I am in the Feb 2023 application group but noticed on the online tracker that there is one application in Jan 2023 from a user named "Jawad kz" who already had their Oath Ceremony scheduled on Apr 24, on the Notes column mentioned "Urgent application". My question is did that person ever mention how or why was their application marked as urgent and got process so quickly??

RandomUser514

Mar 17, 2023
Quebec City
hey I am in the Feb 2023 application group but noticed on the online tracker that there is one application in Jan 2023 from a user named "Jawad kz" who already had their Oath Ceremony scheduled on Apr 24, on the Notes column mentioned "Urgent application". My question is did that person ever mention how or why was their application marked as urgent and got process so quickly??
Can you please just google this and let us know ? I'm pretty sure there are tons of information for that. Top of my head, maybe that person applied a government job and accepted but he/she needs to be citizen so that person applied for urgent processing.

Reactions: NamNg

NORSE

Apr 14, 2023
How wast the test? Did you get any date related questions or names?

It was easy, I got 20/20. I will advice you study the book 2 or 3 times. The only date related question was picking the event that happened first among four options.

Jawad kz

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
I work for Govt and applied for a position in a different department where citizenship is required that’s why my application was approved

Sherbrook

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
After reading the handbook once I got 17/20.
15 is needed to pass.
So it is easy, but not freebie
This is a misleading statement! There is no way that you can be ready by reading the book just once! You won’t be able to remember dates and names and history things!
My advice for everyone don’t begin the test unless you are ready or more than 80% ready.