+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

ISonya

Mar 10, 2019
Hi folks,

Has anybody ever attempted the citizenship test outside Canada? How long after emailing IRCC to advise that you’re currently outside Canada do they respond?

It’s been a couple of days and I haven’t heard anything back.

PERIJO

Jan 14, 2023
I've not been able to see my info on Ecas. What does that mean?
Application date jan 9th; Aor Jan 25th; completed BG Feb 5th.

Pratheesh

Aug 19, 2017
I applied for urgent processing got this response from Scarborough IRCc do you guys think it’s approved, i submitted webform & now i directly to them

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your enquiry has been forwarded to the responsible unit for their review, you will be contacted with the next steps.

For enquiries regarding the status of your application, test results, ceremony or any other questions relating to your citizenship application, you are encouraged to visit the “My immigration or citizenship application” section of our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application.html

For future updates on your file or change of your mailing address, or email address. Please contact our Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca

Citizenship Team

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
I applied for urgent processing got this response from Scarborough IRCc do you guys think it’s approved, i submitted webform & now i directly to them

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for contacting our office. This is to inform you that your enquiry has been forwarded to the responsible unit for their review, you will be contacted with the next steps.

For enquiries regarding the status of your application, test results, ceremony or any other questions relating to your citizenship application, you are encouraged to visit the “My immigration or citizenship application” section of our website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application.html

For future updates on your file or change of your mailing address, or email address. Please contact our Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca

Citizenship Team

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Hey Pratheesh, I think this email is just an acknowledgement, but I hope they approve your request quickly!

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for completing the test!

==

However it still didn't get updated in the tracker. I still see:
Take the citizenship test
My wife and myself took test on the same day. My results are updated on tracker and mine is still not. So I guess all we can do is just wait

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Hello,
I submitted my FP on April 11 and today I got a GU on the tracker. Does this mean that the office has received the FP? Today my wife's BG check completed as well.

Reactions: rushi.gada

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hello,
I submitted my FP on April 11 and today I got a GU on the tracker. Does this mean that the office has received the FP? Today my wife's BG check completed as well.
GUs are in most cases indicative of the fact that someone at IRCC working on your file. It's mostly followed by a change in status for your application.

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@rushi.gada Hi, I've similar timelines as yours.

Paper file applictaion - Jan 9th
AOR - Feb 28th
Etracker upddate - March 2nd

But post above no further updates. Do you have any update ?

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
@rushi.gada Hi, I've similar timelines as yours.

Paper file applictaion - Jan 9th
AOR - Feb 28th
Etracker upddate - March 2nd

But post above no further updates. Do you have any update ?
Hi Sumit,

I have an update only on my ECAS tracker which says that they started processing my application on April 12 (yesterday)… however, the online tracker does not show the same update or any GU since March 2nd.
Will keep the group posted if anything changes. Thanks

Reactions: sumitbajaj07