yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Our breaking record till now in this thread:

@Anonyref ; fastest FP request submission to RCMP
@Dr.Walden ; got test marked completed the same day of the result submission
@Jawad kz ; the only one who received Oath invitation till the moment

Let's see who is going to be added next,,,
In the February 2023 thread there is someone who has a friend who applied in January 2023 and doing their oath April 28, 2023. Person in question is over 55, which gives me hope as I am as well.

karim2012

Apr 7, 2013
help pls. i am filling out the citizenship for myself and my family, i understand that the application date and the date from the physical presence must match which is matching, but when it comes to the signature date at the bottom of the page it gives me an error that the signature date must be one day after the application date.. for example the application date is april 15 so the form is telling me to sign it on the 16th. is that right ?

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
help pls. i am filling out the citizenship for myself and my family, i understand that the application date and the date from the physical presence must match which is matching, but when it comes to the signature date at the bottom of the page it gives me an error that the signature date must be one day after the application date.. for example the application date is april 15 so the form is telling me to sign it on the 16th. is that right ?
1: you’re posting in a thread tracking those who applied in January. You haven’t even applied yet. Chose the correct thread or start a new one that correlates to your specific question.

2: Use the online application. It’s open to include minors as well. Much easier as it’s extremely self explanatory.

Reactions: Anonyref

iBarjar

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hi, I am about to submit my citizenship application Online, I have a photo that print out because I am about to submit paper but I changed my mind. I tried to capture it via phone so I can upload on my account but its blured. Can anyone help me with this or someone is in the same situation. I also tried to scan via printer but still blurred. Thank you.

Can I take a picture via phone the paper one I got that a photographer took and upload it ?
If the photographer can’t give you a digital file for some reason, you can also either scan or take a picture of a printed photo from them.
However, it’s safer to use a digital photo straight from the photographer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-application-photograph-specifications.html

Reactions: aamool

rizingphoenix

Star Member
Dec 29, 2021
Hello All, is it normal for Paper based apps to have not received either a test invite or BG completed as of date. I had received an AOR on Feb 27th post which received a ghost update on Mar 2nd (Likely a system update). After that there is no news.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello All, is it normal for Paper based apps to have not received either a test invite or BG completed as of date. I had received an AOR on Feb 27th post which received a ghost update on Mar 2nd (Likely a system update). After that there is no news.
Paper application have slowed down considerably. If you take AOR date of Feb 27th you have not completed even 2 months. So it's pretty normal.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Our breaking record till now in this thread:

@Anonyref ; fastest FP request submission to RCMP
@Dr.Walden ; got test marked completed the same day of the result submission
@Jawad kz ; the only one who received Oath invitation till the moment

Let's see who is going to be added next,,,
Really hoping that Paper applications start to see some movement this week. The quick progression on the online applications has given me a lot of hope overall for the process.

Reactions: Cpwr

adi92

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Anyone who applied online waiting for steps after background check?
BG completed on March 14 no updates since.
Really worried

adi92

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Similar timeline, no update for me either after March 14. That’s fine… no rush.

Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1663.5
Application: Single
Application Sent: January 26, 2023
Delivered: January 26, 2023
Application Filed/AOR: February 6, 2023
BG Verify Completed: March 10, 2023

Application Status:
Language Skills: In Progress
Physical Presence: In Progress
Citizenship Test: Not Started
Background Verification: Completed
Prohibitions: In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started

As of March 14, 2023
Hey any update for you? Im still waiting

Physical Presence Days: 1151
Application: 1 Adult
Application sent: January 17, 2023
AOR: Jan31
Background check complete: March 14

Reactions: hotsalsa

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
my AOR is Feb 21, Paper applicant as well, do you see any other information in your ECASE , not the tracker, after the AOR, looking at Dec and Nov paper applicant from the google sheet, they got in process in the ECASE, before BG, for Jan, in google sheet I only see couple of paper got in process ECASE a month before the BG , mine since AOR not other information. it looks also it takes about 6-8 weeks from AOR to BG, this is my week 8, hopefully I get BG this week
I think you're right, my AOR is Feb 23rd and hoping that we get our b/g verification complete this month. It was definitely a bad idea to pick Paper vs online, but I hope to be proven wrong. Most of my friends who submitted paper apps finished all their steps in about 7 months on an avg. It can take up to a month and a half after AOR for b/g to get cleared and rest of the steps after move relatively faster after.

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hey any update for you? Im still waiting

Physical Presence Days: 1151
Application: 1 Adult
Application sent: January 17, 2023
AOR: Jan31
Background check complete: March 14
Hey! Yes, received my citizenship test window update few days ago. Details below:

Physical Presence Days: 1663.5
Application: Single
Application Sent: January 26, 2023
Delivered: January 26, 2023

Application Filed/AOR: February 6, 2023

BG Verify Completed: March 10, 2023

Test In Progress: April 6, 2023
Test Window: April 14 - May 4, 2023
Test Email/Details: Awaiting
Test Taken Online: TBD

Application Status:
Language Skills: In Progress
Physical Presence: In Progress
Citizenship Test: In Progress
Background Verification: Completed
Prohibitions: In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started

Reactions: PGWWPP

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Hello,
I received FP request and asked to send it to Sydney. Does this mean my application is being processsed at Sydney? I thought it should have gone to the local office i.e Mississauga. What happens after FP?

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Hello,
I received FP request and asked to send it to Sydney. Does this mean my application is being processsed at Sydney? I thought it should have gone to the local office i.e Mississauga. What happens after FP?
Sydney is just one of the offices that deals with FP requests along with Vancouver, so you application is still being processed at Mississauga.
Once you get your fingerprint collection done, they are sent to RCMP. Once RCMP completes the criminal background check, they send the results to Sydney in your case, and if all is well your background check will be completed! Give it about 2-3 weeks max for the entire thing to be completed. I suggest you submit your fingerprints asap so that your BG is completed promptly.

Reactions: adbcca and Cpwr